I suspect my son peed on my phone *yeah he did! *

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: I suspect my son peed on my phone

You've already paid & it's a done deal right? This was my replacement after a kitchen mishap while on Pinterest in regular water not that long ago!

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I put it in a bag of rice while I filed my insurance claim to get a replacement. As luck would have it, about 12 hours after I had it in rice, it started working again. However I'm due to receive my replacement today. My question is- should I keep the original one, save myself the deductible money and hope for the best? Or should I just go through with the replacement in case some issues pop up later?

Your insurance coverage could be completely different than the Asurion coverage I'm used to, but don't you usually need to send the damaged phone back? And, isn't the deductible non-refundable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I'd go with the replacement since you got one.
That's what I had been thinking, just to be safe.
You've already paid & it's a done deal right? This was my replacement after a kitchen mishap while on Pinterest in regular water not that long ago!
It is. And it arrived today looking good as new. Even came with a new charger and a cigarette adapter.
Your insurance coverage could be completely different than the Asurion coverage I'm used to, but don't you usually need to send the damaged phone back? And, isn't the deductible non-refundable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This claim was with Asurion and you are able to cancel the claim, according to their website. If I don't send the device back within 15 days, they'll charge me $300.00.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

That's what I had been thinking, just to be safe.

It is. And it arrived today looking good as new. Even came with a new charger and a cigarette adapter.

This claim was with Asurion and you are able to cancel the claim, according to their website. If I don't send the device back within 15 days, they'll charge me $300.00.
oh really! Who knew! Mine started back working without the rice bc I thought it was working fine initially. It is nice to have that shiny "new" device! Now I switched to eSecuritel. A little cheaper and you get a new device in store.

lemonade2233

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
How long did you keep the phone in the rice? I dropped mine in pee toilet water while going to the bathroom. :( And I don't have insurance for the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner