Iphone 5 is great,,, and so is the Galaxy S4

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I've been team iPhone since its inception but no more.

The galaxy S4 is a stunning phone all the way around. I love all the bells and whistles Samsung has put in the damn thing. I also like their OS. I want my iPhone to have infrared remote capabilities. I appreciate the air swipe sensor (whatever they're calling it) on the phone, it also has a multi color led light on the phone which I've always wanted on my iPhones over the years. And No, using flash as an led indicator doesn't cut it.

The screen size is nice too but screen size I realize is to each his own. My buddy had the 50/50 split screen mode going as he was showing me how he's running YouTube on the top part of the screen while texting seamlessly on the bottom screen. I LOVE that and want to do that with my iPhone. Then again our screens are a lot narrower and won't probably look as good. I want some sort of split screen capabilities on iOS.

I'm down on Apple I really am. I've been team iPhone since early 2008 but now to me there's a clear winner and that's the Samsung galaxy s4.

But before I switch I shall wait and see what Apple announces on Monday and what's installed on iPhone6.. I doubt Apple will convince me to not make the switch at this point.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the S4 feels really cheap. Just plasticky.

I don't get why people care about this myself... An iPhone has a metal back, s4 has a plastic back.. But in a case they both feel like the case, so it really doesn't matter. If you don't use a case, it doesn't matter what phone you have... If you ever drop it the wrong way it's gone. Lol

anthony81586

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't get why people care about this myself... An iPhone has a metal back, s4 has a plastic back.. But in a case they both feel like the case, so it really doesn't matter. If you don't use a case, it doesn't matter what phone you have... If you ever drop it the wrong way it's gone. Lol

For me it's a texture thing. Aluminum just feels better in the hand, plastic just feels "eh" not like a $500 piece of awesomeness that it is ... Imo

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I like my phone to feel like a good solid phone. To me, plasticky and cheap doesn't feel good.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I own many top of the line Android devices, been only a iPhone 5 user for a very short time, love hacking and the overall do whatever the hell you want with Android. On the other hand my new iPhone 5 is a much different phone and OS. The more I use it the more I enjoy it, bought the 64gb in white and have it unlocked. I was hoping Apple would allow 3rd party keyboards in, maybe a solid file system so iTunes isn't a must for doing the smallest tasks. Maybe when The new OS is dropped other new changes will follow. I would really enjoy Swiftkey as my iPhone 5 keyboard, great one handed typing and fast.
Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's all in your head.... Like I said, put a case on it and you'd never know. It's a trivial thing really.

I also just don't like the S4. It's a very gimmicky device. Everything seems way to cluttered to me. Just not a good phone in my opinion.

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S4 is a great phone, I've used Android Galaxy s2, s3 for over a year & I'm pretty familiar with it but after I soft bricked my S3, I chose an iPhone 5 for a couple of reasons.

- Charging is fast by USB or plugged to the wall. My S3 would take 4 full hours to charge from 0-100% with the phone off through a wall charger!
- In bright sunlight the s2, s3, and s4 is horrible it's way too dim because of the amoled displays. The iPhone 5 however is very bright even in bright sunlight.
- The amoled screens on the S2,S3 and even reported S4 have a burn in problem after using it for a while as well.
- Stock Samsung phones comes with too much bloatware no matter what carrier you have. I know you can root, put custom roms etc but not everyone is tech savy and a lot of people just want a phone to work well out of the box.
- Location services is a mess on android, you have to enable 3 GPS to get a damn accurate reading on google maps, four square etc... On the iPhone one Location services takes care of it all and you can manually select which apps you want to have location services enabled and which ones you want off.
- I'm a big fan of one handed usage and the iPhone 5 is a great size for it.
- Music app just looks great in general for IOS. Everything is organized great in my opinion. The only best android alternative I used that would come even close to stock IOS music app was Poweramp.
- IOS apps are just better developed than Android apps. On my S3 FB had crashing issue, lag issues, Instagram has loading issues on profile sometimes, FourSquare was glitchy on my S3 at times, it wouldn't read where I was at even with all the GPS ON, the newly out Android app Vine is still pretty buggy and glitchy.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR