Are you one of those fortunate people that have a virtually unlimited income?
    Unfortunately, I am not, but how does that correlate with my comment you referenced earlier? Are we not allowed to "like" more than one device? I like my iPhone 5 as well as the 4S I had previously. Know what I mean?...
    05-29-2013 09:40 PM
    Unfortunately, I am not, but how does that correlate with my comment you referenced earlier? Are we not allowed to "like" more than one device? I like my iPhone 5 as well as the 4S I had previously. Know what I mean?...
    My thinking was that maybe he is not able to afford to keep 2 phones. Of course he can like as many phones as he wishes! I personally like 3. (Look at my signature ) Well saying that I like WP is a bit of a stretch, but I do like some things about it. It's quite spartan, but simple.

I think it's great when someone can't decide which side to remain in. It means they're objective. Most of my friends are so wrapped up in iOS/Android/WP that they don't even know what's on the other side. That's why I keep 3 phones and rotate between them. Not cheap, but lots of fun!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-29-2013 11:33 PM
    i think that iphone 5 sucks and the galaxy s4 also.

iphone is to limited and S4 is slow and full of malware, and S4 feels cheap
    I love the objectivity and thought evoked in this post! Please for all that is good and holy can we please stop making accounts to come post stupid ish like this!!

Sent from the collector home world.
    05-31-2013 04:16 AM
    I like iPhone 5 iOS platform and its design, but prefer GS4 5.0 inches screen and camera. So hould iPhone 5 in left hand, GS4 right hand. iPhone 5 for calling or SMS, GS 4 for video watching and picture taking. Am I crazy???
    05-31-2013 05:13 AM
    I had the Samsung Galaxy S4 for about 5 days before it was returned it. Both the battery and micro sd card lot had technical problems. My battery would drain at an incredible rate even with light use. I would take it off the charger at 7am and by 3pm I would only have about 30% left. I ran a fews with turning off Samsung's features, removed apps and wiped the phone to no avail. Also it kept giving me the "Preparing sd card slot" and "sd card slot is unmounted" messages. I tried several cards I have and the same messages kept appearing.

It is a great phone with some awesome features. The screen is amazing and if you use Google's services, it works very well. I would have kept this as a toy/back up device if not for the hardware problems. I might give it another look at another time. Right now I am looking for a used Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for my toy/back up device.
    05-31-2013 06:31 PM
    was at bestbuy today. saw the gs4. I liked the camera a lot better than the iPhones. but i dislike android
    05-31-2013 11:11 PM

What a clear insiteful helpfull post,,,,, here I was thinkin my GS4 and iP5 were great phones based on my personal hands-on experiences and ownership,,, but thanks for your indepth post,,,, I will be selling off my phones based on solely on your posting.

Cheers
    Davyo
    06-03-2013 08:28 AM
    In the long run the iPhone is worth more
    The os is stable and you can use it pass its prime if money becomes an issue
    06-03-2013 09:38 AM
    IMO it's never a problem to like a bunch of technical gadgets why limit yourself to one device when you can enjoy more!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    06-06-2013 12:15 AM

You are entitled to your opinion. But I don't understand how people can say that the iPhone sucks. Apple products. Just work. So they have some restrictions? But what more do you really need. Jailbreak it if you want more things to do. That's what I'll be doing. My jailbroken iPhone 4 was the best phone I have ever owned. It just worked like I said, and I could do a lot to it.
    06-06-2013 03:36 AM
    I currently have the GS4. I want to go back to an iPhone but when I upgraded I gave my 4s to my daughter. Even though there is nothing wrong with the GS4-- its really a good phone-- I just liked the iPhone better.
    06-06-2013 08:35 AM
    I currently have the GS4. I want to go back to an iPhone but when I upgraded I gave my 4s to my daughter. Even though there is nothing wrong with the GS4-- its really a good phone-- I just liked the iPhone better.
    To each his own... I'm new on this forum (first post) because I just purchased an iPhone 5 a few weeks ago and am suffering withdrawal from leaving the Ranks of Android users..

I have a few MINOR complaints about the iPhone mostly concerning the darn one and only take it or leave it keyboard and my lack of "customizing it allows me to do.. and it has for some reason poorer reception inside my home vs my old antique Evo 4 G ..which went to my wife.. to replace her old relic flip phone ... I have a Morphie Juice pack case on it so maybe that is the reason because I found our rather quickly the batter life on my iPhone just "ain't what I am used to.......

Bob G
    06-06-2013 09:23 AM
    What is your avg usage? Can you put in a screen shot?
    06-06-2013 02:54 PM
    So I was wondering if there are others that like me love the iphone 5 while at the same time love the GS4 and consider both phones to be amazing phones in their own right.

Me,, a long time iphone junkie since day one,,, and now I'm rockin the GS4,, their are things I miss about my ip5 and if I went back to it there would be things I would miss about my GS4.

There is a real good chance that when the next iphone 5s or 6 comes out I might get one of those (depending on the features and upgrades),,,,, I bounce between Android and Apple and have never really understood that fanboy'isim for one brand over another.

Going back and forth between both phones is much more fun and interesting than being locked into one brand for better or worse.

Anyhow,,,, I was just curious how many others there are out there that like both the GS4 and the ip5.

Cheers
    Davyo
    Both Phones are nice IMO.
    06-06-2013 03:46 PM
    To each his own... I'm new on this forum (first post) because I just purchased an iPhone 5 a few weeks ago and am suffering withdrawal from leaving the Ranks of Android users..

I have a few MINOR complaints about the iPhone mostly concerning the darn one and only take it or leave it keyboard and my lack of "customizing it allows me to do.. and it has for some reason poorer reception inside my home vs my old antique Evo 4 G ..which went to my wife.. to replace her old relic flip phone ... I have a Morphie Juice pack case on it so maybe that is the reason because I found our rather quickly the batter life on my iPhone just "ain't what I am used to.......

Bob G
    Welcome to iMore, Bob, and I hope you become an active member within this community. As for your poor reception problems, are you dropping calls or merely seeing a low number of signal strength bars? If it's the latter and you're not having problems making, receiving and maintaining calls, I wouldn't worry about it. You can always call your mobile carrier to troubleshoot it from their end. Your battery life may improve once the reception issue is taken care of because if your device has a difficult time getting a strong signal, your battery will drain rather quickly. If you have Wi-Fi at home, I recommend that you configure your device to access it when indoors, if you haven't already. Finally, you can try the battery saving tips found via the link below:

http://forums.imore.com/ios-6/255179...r-battery.html
    06-06-2013 03:55 PM
    GS4 camera is crystal clear but honestly on such small devices and social media.... you can't really tell the difference. No one is going to flag your instagram page because your iPhone 5 picture doesn't show the dust on your table hahaha
    06-06-2013 08:37 PM
    I've been team iPhone since its inception but no more.

The galaxy S4 is a stunning phone all the way around. I love all the bells and whistles Samsung has put in the damn thing. I also like their OS. I want my iPhone to have infrared remote capabilities. I appreciate the air swipe sensor (whatever they're calling it) on the phone, it also has a multi color led light on the phone which I've always wanted on my iPhones over the years. And No, using flash as an led indicator doesn't cut it.

The screen size is nice too but screen size I realize is to each his own. My buddy had the 50/50 split screen mode going as he was showing me how he's running YouTube on the top part of the screen while texting seamlessly on the bottom screen. I LOVE that and want to do that with my iPhone. Then again our screens are a lot narrower and won't probably look as good. I want some sort of split screen capabilities on iOS.

I'm down on Apple I really am. I've been team iPhone since early 2008 but now to me there's a clear winner and that's the Samsung galaxy s4.

But before I switch I shall wait and see what Apple announces on Monday and what's installed on iPhone6.. I doubt Apple will convince me to not make the switch at this point.
    06-08-2013 01:30 AM
    I think the S4 feels really cheap. Just plasticky.
    06-13-2013 06:58 PM
    I think the S4 feels really cheap. Just plasticky.
    I don't get why people care about this myself... An iPhone has a metal back, s4 has a plastic back.. But in a case they both feel like the case, so it really doesn't matter. If you don't use a case, it doesn't matter what phone you have... If you ever drop it the wrong way it's gone. Lol
    06-14-2013 11:32 PM
    And I really like my phone, except for the sucky radios/antenna.
    I have a gnex too and I also go back and forth although I prefer ios. But Omg Samsung radios are AWFUL. Hands down the worst part about the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Aubre34 likes this.
    06-15-2013 02:49 AM
    I don't get why people care about this myself... An iPhone has a metal back, s4 has a plastic back.. But in a case they both feel like the case, so it really doesn't matter. If you don't use a case, it doesn't matter what phone you have... If you ever drop it the wrong way it's gone. Lol
    For me it's a texture thing. Aluminum just feels better in the hand, plastic just feels "eh" not like a $500 piece of awesomeness that it is ... Imo

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    06-15-2013 02:50 AM
    I like my phone to feel like a good solid phone. To me, plasticky and cheap doesn't feel good.
    06-15-2013 03:13 AM
    I like my phone to feel like a good solid phone. To me, plasticky and cheap doesn't feel good.
    It's all in your head.... Like I said, put a case on it and you'd never know. It's a trivial thing really.
    06-15-2013 05:45 AM
    I own many top of the line Android devices, been only a iPhone 5 user for a very short time, love hacking and the overall do whatever the hell you want with Android. On the other hand my new iPhone 5 is a much different phone and OS. The more I use it the more I enjoy it, bought the 64gb in white and have it unlocked. I was hoping Apple would allow 3rd party keyboards in, maybe a solid file system so iTunes isn't a must for doing the smallest tasks. Maybe when The new OS is dropped other new changes will follow. I would really enjoy Swiftkey as my iPhone 5 keyboard, great one handed typing and fast.
    Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-15-2013 08:55 AM
    It's all in your head.... Like I said, put a case on it and you'd never know. It's a trivial thing really.
    I also just don't like the S4. It's a very gimmicky device. Everything seems way to cluttered to me. Just not a good phone in my opinion.
    06-15-2013 10:50 AM
53 123