Iphone 5 is great,,, and so is the Galaxy S4

Asmooh

May 29, 2013
Visit site
i think that iphone 5 sucks and the galaxy s4 also.

iphone is to limited and S4 is slow and full of malware, and S4 feels cheap

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the s4 and the iPhone 5, I'm incredibly torn on which to keep. Both are amazing and I wish I could keep both but I can't. Such a hard decision :(

First world problem! :p You can't go wrong either way.

I don't recall any law that states you have to like only one device....:)

Maybe it's the law of economics? :confused:

I guess everyone has their own opinion but I've used every variation of android since cupcake thru JB and each and every OS has lag. Not at first as you can go a good two months before it rears it's ugly head but it has NEVER failed on ANY of their OS's...the lag will be there. I am a Master Android rooter and I with each and every android I've had (and I've had EVERY tmobile android smartphone they've sold) I would end up having to root because of the lag. So it's definitely not a thing of the past. It's present. Go to XDA and read all the android fans that have the S4 and the HTC One and see what the main complaint is...LAG!

Yes I've read the reports of the SGS4 & HTC One users experiencing lag. They have their own skins on top of the OS which is the cause of the lag. A Nexus device is 100% Android, nothing else. I've had mine for about 6 months now and it's just as fast & stable as the day I took it out of the box. My maintenance program involves rebooting it once every two weeks or so. I use my Nexus 4 along side my iPhone 5, and I have not seen any advantage in speed or stability with either one.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you one of those fortunate people that have a virtually unlimited income? :cool:

Unfortunately, I am not, but how does that correlate with my comment you referenced earlier? Are we not allowed to "like" more than one device? I like my iPhone 5 as well as the 4S I had previously. Know what I mean?...:D

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I am not, but how does that correlate with my comment you referenced earlier? Are we not allowed to "like" more than one device? I like my iPhone 5 as well as the 4S I had previously. Know what I mean?...:D

My thinking was that maybe he is not able to afford to keep 2 phones. Of course he can like as many phones as he wishes! I personally like 3. (Look at my signature ;) ) Well saying that I like WP is a bit of a stretch, but I do like some things about it. It's quite spartan, but simple.

I think it's great when someone can't decide which side to remain in. It means they're objective. Most of my friends are so wrapped up in iOS/Android/WP that they don't even know what's on the other side. That's why I keep 3 phones and rotate between them. Not cheap, but lots of fun!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I love the objectivity and thought evoked in this post! Please for all that is good and holy can we please stop making accounts to come post stupid ish like this!!

Sent from the collector home world.

Jessica024

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I like iPhone 5 iOS platform and its design, but prefer GS4 5.0 inches screen and camera. So hould iPhone 5 in left hand, GS4 right hand. iPhone 5 for calling or SMS, GS 4 for video watching and picture taking. Am I crazy???

Sn1p3rOG

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I had the Samsung Galaxy S4 for about 5 days before it was returned it. Both the battery and micro sd card lot had technical problems. My battery would drain at an incredible rate even with light use. I would take it off the charger at 7am and by 3pm I would only have about 30% left. I ran a fews with turning off Samsung's features, removed apps and wiped the phone to no avail. Also it kept giving me the "Preparing sd card slot" and "sd card slot is unmounted" messages. I tried several cards I have and the same messages kept appearing.

It is a great phone with some awesome features. The screen is amazing and if you use Google's services, it works very well. I would have kept this as a toy/back up device if not for the hardware problems. I might give it another look at another time. Right now I am looking for a used Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for my toy/back up device.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

What a clear insiteful helpfull post,,,,, here I was thinkin my GS4 and iP5 were great phones based on my personal hands-on experiences and ownership,,, but thanks for your indepth post,,,, I will be selling off my phones based on solely on your posting.

Cheers
Davyo

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
IMO it's never a problem to like a bunch of technical gadgets why limit yourself to one device when you can enjoy more!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

You are entitled to your opinion. But I don't understand how people can say that the iPhone sucks. Apple products. Just work. So they have some restrictions? But what more do you really need. Jailbreak it if you want more things to do. That's what I'll be doing. My jailbroken iPhone 4 was the best phone I have ever owned. It just worked like I said, and I could do a lot to it.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the GS4. I want to go back to an iPhone but when I upgraded I gave my 4s to my daughter. :( Even though there is nothing wrong with the GS4-- its really a good phone-- I just liked the iPhone better.

Bob Griffiths

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the GS4. I want to go back to an iPhone but when I upgraded I gave my 4s to my daughter. :( Even though there is nothing wrong with the GS4-- its really a good phone-- I just liked the iPhone better.

To each his own... I'm new on this forum (first post) because I just purchased an iPhone 5 a few weeks ago and am suffering withdrawal from leaving the Ranks of Android users..

I have a few MINOR complaints about the iPhone mostly concerning the darn one and only take it or leave it keyboard and my lack of "customizing it allows me to do.. and it has for some reason poorer reception inside my home vs my old antique Evo 4 G ..which went to my wife.. to replace her old relic flip phone ... I have a Morphie Juice pack case on it so maybe that is the reason because I found our rather quickly the batter life on my iPhone just "ain't what I am used to.......

Bob G

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So I was wondering if there are others that like me love the iphone 5 while at the same time love the GS4 and consider both phones to be amazing phones in their own right.

Me,, a long time iphone junkie since day one,,, and now I'm rockin the GS4,, their are things I miss about my ip5 and if I went back to it there would be things I would miss about my GS4.

There is a real good chance that when the next iphone 5s or 6 comes out I might get one of those (depending on the features and upgrades),,,,, I bounce between Android and Apple and have never really understood that fanboy'isim for one brand over another.

Going back and forth between both phones is much more fun and interesting than being locked into one brand for better or worse.

Anyhow,,,, I was just curious how many others there are out there that like both the GS4 and the ip5.

Cheers
Davyo

Both Phones are nice IMO.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To each his own... I'm new on this forum (first post) because I just purchased an iPhone 5 a few weeks ago and am suffering withdrawal from leaving the Ranks of Android users..

I have a few MINOR complaints about the iPhone mostly concerning the darn one and only take it or leave it keyboard and my lack of "customizing it allows me to do.. and it has for some reason poorer reception inside my home vs my old antique Evo 4 G ..which went to my wife.. to replace her old relic flip phone ... I have a Morphie Juice pack case on it so maybe that is the reason because I found our rather quickly the batter life on my iPhone just "ain't what I am used to.......

Bob G

Welcome to iMore, Bob, and I hope you become an active member within this community. As for your poor reception problems, are you dropping calls or merely seeing a low number of signal strength bars? If it's the latter and you're not having problems making, receiving and maintaining calls, I wouldn't worry about it. You can always call your mobile carrier to troubleshoot it from their end. Your battery life may improve once the reception issue is taken care of because if your device has a difficult time getting a strong signal, your battery will drain rather quickly. If you have Wi-Fi at home, I recommend that you configure your device to access it when indoors, if you haven't already. Finally, you can try the battery saving tips found via the link below:

http://forums.imore.com/ios-6/255179-introduction-getting-most-out-your-battery.html

iamchanel

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
GS4 camera is crystal clear but honestly on such small devices and social media.... you can't really tell the difference. No one is going to flag your instagram page because your iPhone 5 picture doesn't show the dust on your table hahaha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods