I keep missing phone calls and not hearing texts and emails because the phone is so quiet. I have great hearing I just don't notice it if its in my pocket. I have an incipio atlas case on it which I like for the protection it gives but can anyone suggest a good LOUD ring tone or text notification that you can't help but to notice.
    05-04-2013 09:24 AM
    Try doing dome custom ringtones that you know you can't miss - make them super loud.

For my regular text tone, I use me going "pssssst!!" It's something you just can't miss.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    05-04-2013 09:44 AM
    In addition to what Alli suggested, there are quite a few ringtone apps to try that should be sufficient for your needs. I prefer and use the Business Ringtones Pro app in conjunction with the native tones & alerts.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    05-04-2013 10:25 AM
    I had a ringtone that was too low and I used audacity to increase the volume. Worked great.
    05-04-2013 06:32 PM
    Crank it up! Whatever you're using turn it up loud.
    05-06-2013 08:50 AM
    I guess it seems kind of silly to ask, but is your volume all the way up for both ringer and phone volume? (they are separate controls just FYI)

Ruling that out, and the possibility you're just using a really quiet ringtone (which NONE of the native tones are FYI, so if those are not getting through, there's another problem).

You said you have a case on it, have you made sure it is not impeding the speaker port? If it is, there are plenty of highly protective cases on the market that do NOT impede sound, so maybe switch cases.

And there's always the possibility you have a busted speaker on your iPhone...Apple will replace it for you as long as there is no water damage and the phone wasn't abused.
    05-06-2013 10:03 AM
    I know all of the volumes are up all the way.
    05-08-2013 03:26 PM
    Well that rules out one factor...If you're pretty certain you've done and tested everything you can to make sure the volume is working properly with a properly loud tone...take it back and get a replacement.
    05-08-2013 03:41 PM
    Yeah the nearest apple store is like an hour away ill have to make n appointment I guess
    05-08-2013 04:27 PM
    Yeah the nearest apple store is like an hour away ill have to make n appointment I guess
    There's always the mail in route if you're pretty certain this is an issue with the device...you also want to make for certain that there was NEVER water damage to it, nor abused before you send it to Apple, because from what i understand, the mail in replacements are gone over with a fine toothed comb for user caused damage. At least in the store they'll simply tell you "Sorry, but blah blah blah" and you can choose to pay or walk.
    05-08-2013 04:39 PM
    Is there anybody out there who has experience with taking an iPhone to an Apple store for a low volume issue? I'm taking mine in this Saturday to have them take a look at it. I've been experiencing low volume issues that seem to be isolated to the music app. When I'm driving and listening to music I can have the volume maxed out within the app and the ringer and the stereo (which the phone is plugged into) and it doesn't even drown out the road noise. However, if I listen to music via Pandora it's definitely louder. Quite annoying as I like to listen to my own music at a higher volume.

Sent from my iPhone on Tapatalk Pro...
    09-26-2013 05:39 PM
    Well I took my phone to an Apple store yesterday, explained the issue and they gave me a new iPhone 5 out the box. Have yet to experiment with music/volume but pleased they didn't give me any hassle and I walked out with a new phone.

Sent from my iPhone on Tapatalk Pro...
    09-29-2013 09:54 AM