I'm a phoneaholic also. My friends make fun of me since I keep a phone for a month then trade or sell it off. In the past 2.5 months I've had the Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, Note 2, and now iPhone 5. I've only had the iPhone 5 since April 17th and i'm already looking to move on. That's only a small tidbit of my phone addict ways haha
    05-08-2013 03:44 PM
    I've had more than 50 different devices since 2005. I just ordered my 3rd iPhone 5 since I waited outside a Verizon Store in September. Hoping it will finally cut off my habit of 2+ new phones a month I've had for years.
    05-08-2013 10:30 PM
    I have a phone addiction as well. I run 5 phone lines and a tablet line and take all the upgrades since I pay the bill -then my husband and kids get my hand me down (new phone every 2-3 months. I've had the og droid, incredible, thunderbolt, bionic, sgs3, razr, razr hd, droid DNA, Htc 8x, iPhone 5 and a BBz10 as well as a Xoom and a galaxy note 10.1 and my s4 is preordered lol.
    05-09-2013 12:34 AM
    I have a phone addiction as well. I run 5 phone lines and a tablet line and take all the upgrades since I pay the bill -then my husband and kids get my hand me down (new phone every 2-3 months. I've had the og droid, incredible, thunderbolt, bionic, sgs3, razr, razr hd, droid DNA, Htc 8x, iPhone 5 and a BBz10 as well as a Xoom and a galaxy note 10.1 and my s4 is preordered lol.
    Wow I don't feel bad about my addiction anymore lol. I only average one every other month. But then I don't have anyone to give my hand me downs to or five lines to upgrade from haha
    05-09-2013 05:27 PM
    I've had

Flip phones
    LG Rumor
    Samsung Instinct
    Palm Pre
    HTC EVO
    HTC EVO 3D
    iPhone 5

Besides the iPhone 5 I've had to replace all my previous phones several times due to damage or etc.
    05-09-2013 07:00 PM
    Yes I am. I barely can go 6 months before I get the itch. My wife says she's glad I'm by women like I am a smartphone 😄
    05-09-2013 07:04 PM
    Blackberry curve
    iPhone 3/3G/4
    Droid Incredible
    Samsung Focus
    iPhone 4S
    Lumia 900
    iPhone 5
    Lumia 920

Using the 5 for the work line and the 920 for personal.
    05-24-2013 05:29 PM
    I'm addicted too ;-)

My list ( Mostly Androids)
    This is only my smartphones, I had a bunch of dumbphones before.

HTC legend
    SE x10 min
    SE x10 mini pro
    Motorola Defy
    HTC desire s (x2)
    SE arc S
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Nexus 4
    iPhone 4 S
    Iphone 5 ( using now )
    Samsung Galaxy S4 ( using now)

In my defens I have the possibility to change phone frekvently in my work. Most of the phones I haven't paid for my self.

Sent from my phone with Tapatalk
    05-24-2013 05:48 PM
    You guys are balling I just want an ipad mini
    05-24-2013 09:22 PM
    Lol!! Me too!!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    05-24-2013 09:46 PM
    Since 2009 is when my addiction began...I actually got it from my dad. He loves tech and phones, pcs, tablets, etc

My very first smart phone

1. HTC Imagio
    2. Blackberry Storm 2
    3. Motorola Droid
    4. Droid Eris
    5. Palm Pre +
    6. Kin 2(Where i briefly fell in love with windows phone before it was windows phone lol)
    7. Samsung Captivate
    8. HTC Aria
    9. HTC droid incredible
    10. LG optimus(the first phone i had for 6 or more months)
    11. Motorola Atrix
    12. Motorola Droid X2
    13. Samsung galaxy s2
    14. Iphone 4 or 4s(i can't remember...took it back the same day)
    15. HTC radar
    16. Nokia lumia 900
    17. Samsung galaxy S3
    18. Zte avail
    19. Samsung galaxy s3 again
    20. Nokia Lumia 920
    21. Iphone 5(briefly...took it back the same day)
    22. Windows Phone 8x
    23. Droid DNA
    24. Nokia Lumia 810
    25. Nokia Lumia 920 in red
    26. Nokia Lumia 920 in yellow

and i am about to see if i can exchange for it in Cyan so i can match my surface tablet in blue lol

and i may add a line to try and give IOS another try this weekend as I am curious to really get into the iphone craze. I have two in the past and took them back the same day :P
    But I am married to WP8 but i don't mind a mistress in Iphone :P
    05-26-2013 01:00 AM
    In the last 2 months for me: 1. iPhone 5 2. S4 3. Htc one 4. Note 2 5. Nexus 4 6. iPhone 5 I kid u not haha
    opeycunningham likes this.
    05-26-2013 12:57 PM
    Just added the S4 and HTC One to my list. Neither of them were worth the switch. Missed too much about my iPhone. HTC was awesome though just not my cup of tea.
    06-01-2013 03:40 PM
    I've been bouncing back and forth between android and iOS for the past year. I went from an iPhone 4S to a GS3, back to the iPhone 4S, back to the GS3, to the iPhone 5, to the Nexus 4 and now back to my iPhone 5.

There are SO many things i like about Android 4.1/4.2 that it keeps pulling me back. The thing that sends me running back to iOS is always the same:

3rd Party Apps.

In general, the quality of 3rd party apps is VASTLY superior on iOS. Android apps are usually stretched iOS ports and missing features if they are on the Play Store at all. Almost all the innovation happening with apps is happening on iOS and getting ported over to android later. Thats Apple's real ace in the whole.

I really hope we see things open up a bit more on iOS. They don't have to go crazy, just give me keyboard options (I miss Swiftkey so much) and the ability to set Chrome as my default web browser or Google Maps as my maps application. I also shouldn't have to rely on copy/paste to share things with my friends in apps like WhatsApp or Google Hangouts.
    06-01-2013 08:03 PM
    I've owned a few smartphones over the years.

Blackberry Curve 8830
    Blackberry Tour
    Blackberry Storm
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola RAZR MAXX

iPhone 5 - personal
    Blackberry Z10 - work

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    06-02-2013 11:45 AM
    I had a slight addiction. I think after my second run with the S3 (loved it both times) I decided that I'm just an iOS guy at this point thanks to my wife purchasing me so many Apple accessories that have pigeon holed me into the iOS ecosystem. LOL
    06-02-2013 09:58 PM
    First post here, but I figured this was as good a place as any to start. :thumbup:

My phone addiction has gone through the roof over the past year. Mobile tech has become so exciting and I'm determined to try everything. So, with that said, here's what I've owned since my first smartphone, a BlackBerry Curve.

IPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4S
    HTC One X (twice)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    HTC One X+
    Motorola Atrix HD
    Nokia Lumia 920

And my current lineup of phones...yes, I own all of these at the moment.

IPhone 5
    LG Optimus G
    Samsung Note 2
    HTC One

My daily driver right now is the Optimus G while the One is my backup. I love the Note 2 as well and won't part with it until the Note 3 is announced.

My iPhone 5 is running jailbroken on 6.1.2 right now, but I intend on updating it to iOS 7 as soon as it's available (provided it brings new functionality and a new look). While I consider myself more of an Android guy right now, I find that I don't want to be without an iPhone. Maybe it's just a safety net, but I still really enjoy using it from time to time for a change up.

Anyway, thanks for having me!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    06-06-2013 09:03 PM
    First post here, but I figured this was as good a place as any to start. :thumbup:

My phone addiction has gone through the roof over the past year. Mobile tech has become so exciting and I'm determined to try everything. So, with that said, here's what I've owned since my first smartphone, a BlackBerry Curve.

IPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4S
    HTC One X (twice)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    HTC One X+
    Motorola Atrix HD
    Nokia Lumia 920

And my current lineup of phones...yes, I own all of these at the moment.

IPhone 5
    LG Optimus G
    Samsung Note 2
    HTC One

My daily driver right now is the Optimus G while the One is my backup. I love the Note 2 as well and won't part with it until the Note 3 is announced.

My iPhone 5 is running jailbroken on 6.1.2 right now, but I intend on updating it to iOS 7 as soon as it's available (provided it brings new functionality and a new look). While I consider myself more of an Android guy right now, I find that I don't want to be without an iPhone. Maybe it's just a safety net, but I still really enjoy using it from time to time for a change up.

Anyway, thanks for having me!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    Welcome to iMore, KentuckyHouse and thank you for participating in this thread. Feel free to do the same in other threads that may interest you. In the meantime, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines. Again, welcome to iMore and have a great evening.
    KentuckyHouse likes this.
    06-06-2013 09:36 PM
    Welcome to the iMore community Kentucky House.

Good Luck
    KentuckyHouse likes this.
    06-06-2013 10:16 PM
    I have had 29 phones in the last 5 years. That's not counting multiples of the same model. It can be an addiction. When I got my first smartphone (AT&T Tilt) I was hooked. Before then, I really never cared about phones. I was quite content with my Razr. Now I have started to get past it. I have had an iPhone 5 since January and haven't had a serious urge to switch to anything else.
    And I thought *I've* had a lot of devices. Wow!
    06-07-2013 08:00 AM
    I get a new phone every 6 months to a year, although I've used an iPhone (4s and a 5) in the past almost 2 years.

Some favorites, Treo 600 (got me hooked), Blackberry 8830 (best phone I've ever had, certainly not up to spec today but loved it in its day) and the 4s.

Some I get retail, others I get on eBay, and always sell on eBay.

My wife swears she could ask me "you get a new phone" rather than asking me how my day was.

To me addiction is a bad word to describe the fun of changing up phones.
    06-07-2013 06:40 PM
    I use Android and iOS. Compared with Android, iOS is better. Anyway, it depends on user's habit.
    06-08-2013 04:37 AM
    Hmm let's see starting with my very first 'smart' phone

Samsung Instinct (2007)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Palm Pixi
    HTC Hero
    Samsung Transform
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    HTC EVO design 4g
    Motorola Photon 49
    Blackberry Bold 9930*
    Sumsung Galaxy S2
    iphone 4s
    Blackberry Bold 9930
    iphone 5

wow that's a lot more than a I thought haha
    06-12-2013 04:23 PM
    Since March,Nexus 4 then HTC One then S3 and now Iphone 5. I'm done for a while. It will take me a while to learn and get used to a new os
    06-13-2013 07:51 AM
    Nokias and phones I can't even remember the names of starting in 1995. Then StarTac.
    Everything in between until I went Blackberry. LOVED the Pearl. And the Curve. I can't remember how many I've had. Like most people in this thread, I had the "high churn" notification on my account whenever I went into the store--they basically would upgrade me anytime I wanted to because they knew "here he comes again...."
    All changed with iPhone until lately. I got tired of the tiny screen (45 year old eyes), having to scroll endlessly to read a web article, and frankly the UI was getting stale to me. Decided to try the HTC One after I saw it in a stranger's hand and couldn't get it out of my mind. I know, I know...

HTC One is a beautiful machine--with some cool differences over iPhone, but the Apple eco-system (integration, updates, quality and number of apps) is significantly better.
    Glad I kept the second number and iPhone 5 now that they've announced the new iOS. I think it looks super sexy.

Sharp Zaurus (!!!), Palm Pilots, Treo (PDAs, before the phone) and Handspring, anyone? Had those too. Haha.
    06-14-2013 08:11 AM
75 123