Iphone water wont turn on jailbroken

crvntscndy

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Well after having my iphone for 5 days in rice it didn't turn on not even the apple or anything. I have applecare+ ....when I send in my iPhone will they be able to tell its been jailbroken and void my warranty?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't really matter anyways because of the nature of the warranty exchange...but like Alli said, there's no way of knowing if it doesn't come on. And even if it did come on, the phone has water damage (which will be obvious by the indicators) so even jailbroken, they won't deny your claim. On the off chance they did (which wouldn't happen but we'll hypothetically say they did), they'd send it back to you, you could restore it back to stock (and at that point, they would not be able to tell) and then make another warranty claim without the jailbreak.

crvntscndy

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks,

Also since i couldn't turn it on I couldn't clear it up...does this also mean no one will have access to my information, lets say if they ever used that phone as a refurbished replacement?

If it won't turn on they'll never know.

It doesn't really matter anyways because of the nature of the warranty exchange...but like Alli said, there's no way of knowing if it doesn't come on. And even if it did come on, the phone has water damage (which will be obvious by the indicators) so even jailbroken, they won't deny your claim. On the off chance they did (which wouldn't happen but we'll hypothetically say they did), they'd send it back to you, you could restore it back to stock (and at that point, they would not be able to tell) and then make another warranty claim without the jailbreak.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If they are finally able to turn it on they will restore it as new, so all your data will be deleted.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Well after having my iphone for 5 days in rice it didn't turn on not even the apple or anything. I have applecare+ ....when I send in my iPhone will they be able to tell its been jailbroken and void my warranty?
you need to tell them it fell into a toilet. Seriously, as I posted in your other thread, it is considered a biohazard if it fell into a toilet even if you think that the toilet was clean.

Let apple decide if they want you to send them a phone that fell into a toilet or not. Asurion does not want you to do that because of the potential risk to their workers. I suspect apple does not want you to do that, either.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Just a few thoughts, does iTunes recognize it when pugged in ?
If so, they may be able to get info from it, i.e., if it is jailbroken, which BTW I did not know, does not void the warranty

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Major bummer. Last I knew jail broken phones weren't more susceptible to water damage, so no reason for it to void your warranty. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77