Am i missing some hidden gem in apple care cause last i checked they didn't cover neat as much as squaretrade for instance. Whats the incentive in buying apple care saying i have apple care?
    apple care is $99 for 2 years. It is an extended warranty plus insurance for accidental damage with a $49 deductible for accidental damage and no deductible for extended warranty. It does not cover theft or loss.

What does square trade cover and for how much?
    04-23-2013 11:54 PM
    apple care is $99 for 2 years. It is an extended warranty plus insurance for accidental damage with a $49 deductible for accidental damage and no deductible for extended warranty. It does not cover theft or loss.

What does square trade cover and for how much?
    I just got two year coverage for 99 also 50 dollar deductible and it covers everything literally product failure accidental damage and last i checked applecare did not cover water damage. Applecare covers two incidents of accidental damage while squaretrade gives you 4 or 5. Given you shouldnt need 4 but again more for your money.
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    04-24-2013 02:25 AM
    Unless you plan on using T-Mobile, in which case if you buy it from them it is $70 cheaper.
    04-24-2013 04:42 AM
    This is just an excerpt from the AppleCare+ plan.

ADH coverage only applies to an
    operational or mechanical failure caused by an accident from handling that is the result of an unexpected
    and unintentional external event (e.g., drops and liquid contact) that arises from your normal daily usage of
    the Covered iPhone as intended for such Covered iPhone. ADH coverage does not include (a) protection
    against normal wear and tear, theft, misplacement, reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct
    associated with handling and use of the Covered iPhone,

It does appear to cover water damage.
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    04-24-2013 08:12 AM
    I just got two year coverage for 99 also 50 dollar deductible and it covers everything literally product failure accidental damage and last i checked applecare did not cover water damage. Applecare covers two incidents of accidental damage while squaretrade gives you 4 or 5. Given you shouldnt need 4 but again more for your money.
    I can see one benefit of AppleCare being that they give you a brand new phone. Does the fine print for square trade mention a new device, or just a "replacement"?
    04-24-2013 09:04 AM
    I can see one benefit of AppleCare being that they give you a brand new phone. Does the fine print for square trade mention a new device, or just a "replacement"?
    And you get it right then and there with all your "stuff" put back on it so you walk out with "your" phone back.
    04-24-2013 09:37 AM
    4. What is not Covered?

4.1 Hardware Service and ADH Coverage Area. Apple may restrict hardware service and ADH coverage
    to the Covered iPhone’s original Country of Purchase.

4.2 Hardware Coverage and ADH Coverage.

(i) The Plan does not apply to installation, removal or disposal of the Covered iPhone, or provision of
    equipment while the Covered iPhone is being serviced.
    (ii) The Plan does not apply to damage caused by (a) a product that is not the Covered iPhone, (b)
    abuse, misuse, fire, earthquake or other external causes except as described in section 3.2 above, (c)
    operating the Covered iPhone outside the permitted or intended uses described by the
    manufacturer, or (d) service (including upgrades and expansions) if such was performed by anyone
    who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”).
    (iii) The Plan does not apply to an iPhone with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or
    removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission
    of the manufacturer.
    (iv) The Plan does not apply to a Covered iPhone that has been lost or stolen. This Plan only covers a
    Covered iPhone that is returned to Apple in its entirety.
    (v) The Plan does not apply to cosmetic damage to the Covered iPhone, including but not limited to
    scratches and dents, that do not otherwise affect the functionality of the Covered iPhone.
    (vi) The Plan does not apply to preventative maintenance on the Covered iPhone;
    (vii) The Plan does not apply to defects caused by normal wear and tear or which is otherwise due to
    normal aging of the product.
    (viii) The Plan does not apply to a pre-existing condition on any Covered iPhone if you purchased
    the Plan after you purchased the Covered iPhone.
    revtech likes this.
    04-24-2013 09:53 AM
    Squaretrade is awesome I got it for my iPhone and iPad. Hhgregg wanted like 200 for there warranty. Square trade doesn't have a deductible depending on which plan u select. So far I am impressed with square trade and will use them over sprint or another warranty.
    04-24-2013 10:14 AM
33 12