New To iMore and iPhone

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, after many years on Blackberry and then Android... starting with the Cliq 1 on T-Mobile, I have been looking forward to switching to the iPhone for some time. That said, I have been with T-Mobile for many years... even before they were T-Mobile (remember VoiceStream?) so I didn't want to have to change Carriers to get the iPhone. The bottom line is that I muddled thru many different Android phones... too many to mention here. The last being the Samsung Galaxy S3. I frankly got tired of the fragmentation in the Android ecosystem and having to deal with the frustration of new phones hitting the market every time Google made an update to the OS. Instead of the manufacturers and Carriers updating current phones they would introduce newer, and better equipped phones to drive sales. Leaving those with phones that are sometimes only months old, languishing on an old, outdated, OS. Then it would take months (if ever) for those older phones to be updated. It frankly got tiring and overly frustrating.

So here I am! My first iPhone... a 16 Gig White T-Mobile iPhone 5. It is a very different experience than Android, but after a few days I am getting used to it. To be honest, I like the smaller size phone and the screen is amazing... even though it is smaller than I am used to. No big deal in that regard. The build quality of the phone is untouched by any other phone on the market that I have ever had and it works as advertised. I have a 7 year old iMac that continues to operate perfectly, so this is not big surprise to me.

After several years as a participant on Android Central I am looking forward to participating here in iMore. A lot for me to learn and take advantage of... I look forward to it!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and to the iPhone and hopefully, both will exceed your expectations. ;)

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, after many years on Blackberry and then Android... starting with the Cliq 1 on T-Mobile, I have been looking forward to switching to the iPhone for some time. That said, I have been with T-Mobile for many years... even before they were T-Mobile (remember VoiceStream?) so I didn't want to have to change Carriers to get the iPhone. The bottom line is that I muddled thru many different Android phones... too many to mention here. The last being the Samsung Galaxy S3. I frankly got tired of the fragmentation in the Android ecosystem and having to deal with the frustration of new phones hitting the market every time Google made an update to the OS. Instead of the manufacturers and Carriers updating current phones they would introduce newer, and better equipped phones to drive sales. Leaving those with phones that are sometimes only months old, languishing on an old, outdated, OS. Then it would take months (if ever) for those older phones to be updated. It frankly got tiring and overly frustrating.

So here I am! My first iPhone... a 16 Gig White T-Mobile iPhone 5. It is a very different experience than Android, but after a few days I am getting used to it. To be honest, I like the smaller size phone and the screen is amazing... even though it is smaller than I am used to. No big deal in that regard. The build quality of the phone is untouched by any other phone on the market that I have ever had and it works as advertised. I have a 7 year old iMac that continues to operate perfectly, so this is not big surprise to me.

After several years as a participant on Android Central I am looking forward to participating here in iMore. A lot for me to learn and take advantage of... I look forward to it!

You summed up my experience with Android very well. I'm a recent iPhone adoptee and so far so good. Look forward to hearing from you on iMore!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard was in the same boat as you although I took a little hiatus from iPhone as I owned the 2G and 3G iPhones. Now I'm really glad to be back after all the android mess.

Sent from the collector home world.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner