How do you do panorama?

saudre

Banned
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
What is the right way to do panoramic photographs? I find it actually difficult to do because well, when you start off, you have to do it in portrait mode. Then you have to move it pretty far, but a lot of the time, I'm trying to keep the arrow in the center, which is hard because I get off balance. Then it says slow down. But I don't know if I'm going to fast or too slow. So then I don't know if I'm supposed to actually physically move the camera or just twist the phone with my wrist. And then I don't know where to move my feet, it's just like I'm twisting around.

What environment classifies for a good panorama? Most of the shots I end up with are weird curvy looking shots. It looks like a funhouse. Have you been successful in making panoramic photographs?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The camera will only shoot what it sees.

Imagine walking straight while holding the camera still and pointed to the side. Your picture would be flatter because you didn't curve it.

Twisting the camera creates your curvy appearance because you are in fact curving the picture. Move the camera more and you'll reduce the curves a bit.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, i have been successful...it's probably one of the most simple features on the iPhone to use. The near perfect auto-stitching feature makes it ALMOST id*ot proof.

ZsLPB4G.jpg

XkT5Oeo.jpg

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Truth told, I still tend to prefer using AutoStitch to the native app for panoramas. Great results!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner