Can you hide text messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Some.

I would repost this question on the jailbreak forum since they would be more knowledgeable. It sounds like what you want to do is selectively hide text messages from a specific person rather than hide all of your text messages. Some of the jailbreak apps hide all of your text messages, but that is not what you want. You want it to look like nothing is being hidden and yet still hide and have password protected access to text messages from a specific person.

The problem will be he is most likely on 6.1.3 which isn't jailbreakable at this time. Probably have to wait for iOS 7 to drop and then wait some more.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Or you could sit your girlfriend down and explain that you come with baggage that you can't/won't get rid of - that being your mother. Girlfriend will either accept that your mother pokes her nose into your business or not. You're obviously unwilling to tell your mother that you're grown and she should stay out of your personal life.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Or you could sit your girlfriend down and explain that you come with baggage that you can't/won't get rid of - that being your mother. Girlfriend will either accept that your mother pokes her nose into your business or not. You're obviously unwilling to tell your mother that you're grown and she should stay out of your personal life.
So you think his mother is saying bad things about the girlfriend via texts?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, maybe, but at this point we only have the OPs word that he has nothing to hide. So we don't know why the girlfriend would want to look at his text messages.
It seems like it is only his mother's text he is worried about so the only thing I can guess is mama doesn't like girlfriend and is bad mouthing her or maybe family financial matters are being discussed that he doesn't want his girlfriend to know about.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a reasonable guess on why he doesn't want her to look, but it doesn't answer the question on why she wants to snoop in the first place.
She wants to know what his mother is saying about her or she wants to know how much money she may be marrying into some day.

I think I will post on the jailbreak forum and see if anyone knows of a selective SMS hider. I briefly researched it but now I am not sure there is one even if you jailbreak.

justvalencia

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice Sherlock and yes my iPhone can still be jailbreak coz I did not update it yet. And guys I am not that kind of guy I can be trusted she just like to read my text messages and I hate it.

OT: anyone of you guys using tapatalk 2? How do you multi quote in this thing?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Just tell her she can't read them. And password protect your phone. Everyone is entitled to a certain amount of privacy. She may not like it but she'll deal (or not but do you really want to be with someone who trusts you so little?).
Maybe she trusts him, but is just nosy? I can see myself doing that if I thought my boyfriend's mother was bad mouthing me. I would want to know what she was saying.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The question is "Can I hide text messages?" Getting into his personal business is off-topic so let's stay on point, please.

justvalencia

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Haha I was laughing while reading the posts here anyway guys the reason is my mom does not really want my girlfriend and I don't want her to know that.

So thank you for the posts :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I know, but its the right thing to do...:D...Anyway, I've got to hit the treadmill. Chat witcha later.
ya know, now that I am thinking about this, I feel it is not only the right thing to do but my duty to provide relationship advice every time I see the opportunity, lol! Perhaps this is a fundamental difference between males and females. It was only just us gals who were chiming in with the relationship advice, ya know?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
my brother use to have a private flip phone for his other woman and use to silent it and lock it in his safe until one day he left the ringer on and his live in girlfriend heard it ringing in the safe but with all the banging and smashing she couldn't get to it <true story

it ended badly :-(

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
enjoy....EDIT!!!

i edited my post after looking at his profile pic.....it looks familiar

DO You Want To Play A Game!!!!

no thank you justvalencia i"ll take the zero

carry ON

Status
Not open for further replies.