Can you hide text messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justvalencia

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Good day everyone and I hope i'm posting in the right section, it's my first time using tapatalk

I just wanna ask if there is such application
That can hide my messages? Or eat so ever as long as it can be hidden. If possible it can only be open using gestures or pressing certain key combination or maybe it can stay in the background.

Hope you guys understand what I meant.
I just need to hide some of my conversation with my girl. She's been reading my mom's text. So help me out guys.

justvalencia

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I can delete it but what if my mom would text? And yeah, she knows the password of my phone. She gets mad if I change it.

Is there such application? I hope it can automatically hide the messages received from a certain contact. That it would not show in the messages

OT: how do you guys multi quote here in tapatalk 2?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm unaware of any app or method that can hide text messages on your device.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
your phone is your personal communication device she needs to understand this

I never touch my girlfriend's phone and she doesn't touch mine we share a tablet and my laptop is for work and stuff

setting tech boundaries is a must this day and age

just my personal opinion as there doesn't seem to be an app for that

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
that said

to maybe help you out you can try a google voice account and you can text your Mom from there and she might not notice

hope that helps

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I can delete it but what if my mom would text? And yeah, she knows the password of my phone. She gets mad if I change it.
Whose texts are you trying to hide from whom?

I thought you were trying to hide the texts from your girlfriend so that your mother couldn't read them. Is that correct?

justvalencia

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Whose texts are you trying to hide from whom?

I thought you were trying to hide the texts from your girlfriend so that your mother couldn't read them. Is that correct?

Wrong :) I am trying to hide my mothers text to my girlfriend. Hope someone can help me this is really turning into a serious privacy problem.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Wrong :) I am trying to hide my mothers text to my girlfriend. Hope someone can help me this is really turning into a serious privacy problem.

There appears to be an app that can do this if you jailbreak but if you aren't jailbroken, it doesn't look like it is an option.

There are apps that can do this for android, but of course, you would have to get a new phone.

You know, it might be easier to get a new girlfriend :)

justvalencia

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
In my phone my mother text me about personal matters and my girlfriend reads then

There appears to be an app that can do this if you jailbreak but if you aren't jailbroken, it doesn't look like it is an option.

There are apps that can do this for android, but of course, you would have to get a new phone.

You know, it might be easier to get a new girlfriend :)

Hah changing girlfriend is not easy you know. I tried searching in App Store and I saw some I used the keyword hide SMS.maybe you guys can try and look at it if it's legit? Please?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Just tell your girlfriend not to read your messages. Put a pass code on it that she doesn't know. Any reasonable person should respect that.
Am I the only one who suspects it is not his mother's texts he wants to hide from his girlfriend?

Honestly, if my boyfriend or husband locked me out of his phone, I would be suspicious he was cheating on me. Had 2 friends now whose husbands went from unlocked to locked phones and in both cases, they were cheating on their wives.

If you want to cheat, get an android or jailbreak your phone, lol!

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
But if they have both have their own phones why would they need to snoop on the others. It's called trust.
I agree but not all men are trustworthy when it comes to sex. Not all women, either, but it seems to be a bigger problem for men.

My husband doesn't have a pass code on his phone but I'd never pick it up and view his messages, emails, etc on it.
And if he all of a sudden locked it and didn't offer you the pass code, what would you think?

This happened to a woman I know and her husband explained that he had sensitive work messages/emails on his phone and was afraid if he lost it, someone else would have access to that information. A year later, he asked for a divorce. During the divorce, she found out he had started seeing the other woman 1 day before he locked the phone.

We do sometimes briefly trade phones to share a funny story or picture, but I'd no more snoop on his phone than I'd sit at his computer and look at his email there or open any snail mail he happened to get. Trust.
Not all women are as trusting as you are nor should they be. Lots of women have reason not to trust their partners. Sad, but true. Looks like you found one of the good ones, though, but not all women are so lucky. I could tell you stories about what women I know in real life have had to go through that are more shocking than fictional stories. Like the one who found out about her husband's secret other family. Yep, thought that stuff only happened in books, but nope, it really does happen.

Personally, I agree with you. If you can't trust them, you shouldn't be with them. But things get complicated once children are in the picture and it is not so easy to leave for some women. Their and their children's standard of living takes a hit and if they have to work outside the home and share custody, it means significantly less parenting time than they would like with their children.

Obviously went off topic here, but the bottom line is this - Apple will not allow an app with the functionality the OP is looking for to be sold in the Apple app store. If you want that sort of functionality and to keep your iPhone, you need to jailbreak it. If your iPhone has already been updated to 6.1.3 and can't be jailbroken, buy a used iPhone that is running 6.1.2 or earlier. Or give up your iPhone and move to an Android phone. Those are the options.

justvalencia

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Guys it's not that I'm cheating with girlfriend we have been together for 2yrs. And sex? Please some guys can control it. For 2 yrs. there were no sexual intercourse I just want to hide my mothers text that's all. Coz sometimes what my mom txt to me is really private.

And put a passcode? Not a chance. She'll be really mad to me :(

And if I jailbreak my iPhone what app should I use?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Guys it's not that I'm cheating with girlfriend we have been together for 2yrs. And sex? Please some guys can control it.
I agree. Some.

I would repost this question on the jailbreak forum since they would be more knowledgeable. It sounds like what you want to do is selectively hide text messages from a specific person rather than hide all of your text messages. Some of the jailbreak apps hide all of your text messages, but that is not what you want. You want it to look like nothing is being hidden and yet still hide and have password protected access to text messages from a specific person.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Guys it's not that I'm cheating with girlfriend we have been together for 2yrs. And sex? Please some guys can control it. For 2 yrs. there were no sexual intercourse I just want to hide my mothers text that's all. Coz sometimes what my mom txt to me is really private.

And put a passcode? Not a chance. She'll be really mad to me :(

You could try HideEmAll if you're jailbroken. I can't recommend it personally however.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR