So I bought an iPhone 5 from T-Mobile this morning, i setup google as exchange but my mail, calendar and contacts are still missing. I would appreciate any help.
    04-12-2013 03:22 PM
    So I bought an iPhone 5 from T-Mobile this morning, i setup google as exchange but my mail, calendar and contacts are still missing. I would appreciate any help.
    How did you successfully setup Gmail as Exchange? Google stopped supporting that
    a couple of months ago

Perhaps it's setup as IMAP which doesn't sync contacts.
    04-12-2013 03:26 PM
    No. When I set it up. I get check marks all across the board. But nothing syncs.
    04-12-2013 03:37 PM
    How did you successfully setup Gmail as Exchange? Google stopped supporting that
    a couple of months ago

Perhaps it's setup as IMAP which doesn't sync contacts.
    You are correct sir. The OP will more than likely have to set up the new device via the regular Gmail setup. Otherwise, the exchange setup should result in errors.
    04-12-2013 03:40 PM
    Ok. I understand that they no longer support emails via exchange on idevices, but they still support contacts and calendar.
    04-12-2013 03:42 PM
    Ok. I understand that they no longer support emails via exchange on idevices, but they still support contacts and calendar.
    Contacts falls under Exchange. Not sure about Calendar though.
    04-12-2013 03:51 PM
    Contacts falls under Exchange. Not sure about Calendar though.
    So are you saying, that I won't be able to sync my google contact?
    04-12-2013 03:52 PM
    So are you saying, that I won't be able to sync my google contact?
    No. You cannot.

What you could do is login to your Gmail account from a desktop and export your contacts, then
    import them on iCloud.com and turn on iCloud contacts on your phone.
    04-12-2013 03:54 PM
    Here are the instructions for setting up your contacts from Google, using CardDAV.

Sync contacts with your iOS device - Gmail Help

This is the supported way to do this.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    04-12-2013 03:55 PM
    Here are the instructions for setting up your contacts from Google, using CardDAV.

Thank You very much for that info.
    04-12-2013 03:58 PM

I stand corrected.
    04-12-2013 04:01 PM
    Set up your email as IMAP (or GMAIL, either way, you only get "fetch"), your calendar as CALDAV, and your contacts as CARDDAV. Even existing connections with exchange will soon be shutoff. Google told me that flat out when I was dealing with issues on my PAID GoogleApps account, because I pressed the issue. They want all iPhone using Gmail users on their (horrid) app, or to buy a phone running their OS so they're not enabling Gmail users using Apple products to have means to use their services any other way. Straight from their "mouths".
    04-12-2013 04:07 PM
    I use CARDDAV for contacts and CALDAV foe calendar. This has been pretty painless for me.
    04-12-2013 07:47 PM
    You can set up your email, calendar and notes using the Gmail option in accounts. Then use CardDav for your contacts. The server is google.com, the rest of the info you fill with your login credentials. Two steps basically but it works great.
    04-12-2013 09:56 PM
    this is some unrealistic BS, I run my business throw my phone and I just bough a new iphone 5 they lied to me and told me i can import my contact it's been 8 day still noting i went back to tmoble 3 times.
    05-03-2013 02:32 AM
    i'm trying to export my contacts from a desk top but. i have hart time understanding to where i should export them before importing them to iCloud ?? , and then how do i import them to my icloud.com acc ??please helppp
    05-03-2013 02:45 AM
    i'm trying to export my contacts from a desk top but. i have hart time understanding to where i should export them before importing them to iCloud ?? , and then how do i import them to my icloud.com acc ??please helppp
    Where are your contacts? Gmail? Outlook client?
    05-03-2013 08:10 AM
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! i thought i was screwed for a minute there. no way im inputting 50 contacts into my phone NO SIR
    05-09-2013 07:56 PM
    You can sync contacts and calendar just fine using caldav and card dav available by using the gmail setup. I miss the exchange push email but at least contacts and calendar works fine. I'm using the gmail app now to get push email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    05-09-2013 11:06 PM