i just got my new iphone 5 white 32gb ( yaay )

First is i'm from android so everything will be new for me.

1. In androix i can explore my files using the default file manager rooted or not. In iphone, how do i do that? do i habe to be jailbroken?

2. In android i can just transfer a apk file in file manager of my android phone and install it from there. How do i do that with iphone? do i need to be jailbroken?

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2
    04-12-2013 09:42 AM
    1.) Yes, you need to be jailbroken for access like that. I've used iFile for years, at one time it was free but i think it's a couple of bucks now.

2.) APK files are an android format, so installing them would be like trying to install .exe files on mac.
    04-12-2013 10:02 AM
    1. Yes, you have to be jailbroken, as Sean said. IFile is free, but some features require that you buy the app. It's $5.

2. You COULD use iFile to install apps, it's called a .deb on iOS. However, please only do that for things you legally own.
    04-12-2013 10:04 AM
    1.) Yes, you need to be jailbroken for access like that. I've used iFile for years, at one time it was free but i think it's a couple of bucks now.

2.) APK files are an android format, so installing them would be like trying to install .exe files on mac.
    1. anything you could suggest that is free?

2. that's for my android, what i meant is install. ipa files

1. Yes, you have to be jailbroken, as Sean said. IFile is free, but some features require that you buy the app. It's $5.

2. You COULD use iFile to install apps, it's called a .deb on iOS. However, please only do that for things you legally own.
    2. yes i have files that is free in store. i just used my laptop to download it since it's faster to download that way. and i thought. ipa files are for iOS?

04-12-2013 10:14 AM
    ... If' it's an IPA from iTunes... just use iTunes. .deb files are from cydia, which is what most people try to side-load. IPAs can be installed right through itunes, no app needed.
    04-12-2013 11:10 AM
    ... If' it's an IPA from iTunes... just use iTunes. .deb files are from cydia, which is what most people try to side-load. IPAs can be installed right through itunes, no app needed.
    how? when i connect my device and opened itunes, i double click
    the ipa files and nothing happens?

04-12-2013 01:41 PM