• No do not go bigger

Votes: 47 29.6%

• Total voters

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Gotta go bigger

I've kind of become more accustomed to larger screens (always thought my iPhone was more than adequate), but yes. I would have been completely dissatisfied if they had enlarged the screen size and released it with iOS 6. I've told several people that iOS 7 should have been the OS that launched with the iPhone 5 as it makes it seem like a new device even with it being very similar to the iPhone 4/4S.

For me however, the iPhone 5 screen is large enough. If a larger phone comes out I may get it, but we'll see. I'm in no hurry to abandon the size just yet.

I hear ya and am in agreement. I will have to see how the large iPhone looks before making a decision to forgo my iPhone 5. I will not get it for the sole reason of being a larger device.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I just saw in Fox News that apple is gonna come out with a 4.7" & 5.7" screen iPhones. Also a cheaper iPhone in different colors to help compete with android.

Tapped out from my 5

I just read 3 articles today pertaining to this as well.

Apple reportedly considering a 5.7-inch iPhone

http://m.cnet.com.au/apple-reportedly-considering-a-5-7-inch-iphone-339344599.htm?redir=1

Apple building a $100 iPhone in a variety of colors, planning 5-inch iPhablets for next year

http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/13/reute...lors-planning-5-inch-iphablets-for-next-year/

Apple Considering 4.7" and 5.7" Screens for 2014 iPhone Models, iPhone 5s and Low-Cost iPhone Due in September

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/13/apple-considering-4-7-and-5-7-screens-for-2014-iphone-models/

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
While I would like to see a small bump in size (maybe 4.3"-4.5"), it's not a deal-breaker for me if they don't do it. And I don't want to see a bigger screen without some rework of iOS to accommodate it. No more navigation buttons at the top of the screen! They are already difficult to reach one-handed while maintaining a secure grip. Navigation buttons should be at the bottom, or a gesture-based navigation like webOS had.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I would like a larger display but not too large. Maybe 4.3-4.5 is fine because it would result is a reasonable size for a smartphone to use with one hand. I don't need a 5 inch display. I had the GS4 and HTC One and I'm back on iPhone 5 and re-adjusting to the smaller display really hasn't been an issue for me. I think 4.3 would be a good spot for a new iphone display size.

neonworm

May 14, 2013
Visit site

How much bigger? That's the question. I would like a little more real estate, but not one of those mammoth Android screens.

Not all androids have big screens. Some have 4.3 inch screens.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Not all androids have big screens. Some have 4.3 inch screens.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The trend is that higher-end Android phones have 4.7" screens or larger. The 4.3" phones are typically mid-range devices.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Seriously i consider switching to galaxy if new iphone is the same small size as i5

Well then, time to start packing. Apple won't be building a larger phone this year, I would bet the farm on it. They will stick with the current (iPhone 5) form factor this fall.

Maybe it will happen in the future, but it won't happen this year.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought I would hate the new aspect ratio (I was fine with a larger iPhone but I wanted it to stay 4:3) but the more I used it, the more I liked it. I want my phone and my iPad to be separate devices, after all.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of 4" screen size phones. I been using the htc incredible 2 for more than 2 years already wishing and hoping for another quality 4" er from android. Looks like it's not going to happen. Despite this, I do agree that the taller iphone does look awkward. My droid has slimmer top and bottom borders so it feels like just the right size. Apple for the screen right, but they got the frame wrong. If they want to keep the 4.3 aspect ratio, there's nothing wrong with that. But imo, they've got to slim down the top n bottom.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of 4" screen size phones. I been using the htc incredible 2 for more than 2 years already wishing and hoping for another quality 4" er from android. Looks like it's not going to happen. Despite this, I do agree that the taller iphone does look awkward. My droid has slimmer top and bottom borders so it feels like just the right size. Apple for the screen right, but they got the frame wrong. If they want to keep the 4.3 aspect ratio, there's nothing wrong with that. But imo, they've got to slim down the top n bottom.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

Slimming down the top and bottom bezels is going to problematic for Apple due to the home button at the bottom.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Slimming down the top and bottom bezels is going to problematic for Apple due to the home button at the bottom.

Yup... They would either have to go the s4 routine with a narrow home button, or eliminate it all together like blackberry did. And with rumors of a finger print reader, i don't see that happening.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2