• Yes go bigger

Votes: 112 70.4%
  • No do not go bigger

Votes: 47 29.6%

• Total voters

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think BlackBerry had a few other things going on besides changing size of a screen. As for Apple, I am excited to see what IOS 7 brings. If there have been two criticisms, they have been screen size and a stale OS. I personally like the current OS because of the fluidity and stability it brings. If Ive is able to provide a modern look, increased user experience, yet still provide the same smoothness then I think that will be a win. As for the larger screen, I would not be shocked to see that happen in 2014. But as Cook said, they are not going to offer that without eliminating what they see as significant compromises.

I am looking forward to the UI changes, whatever they are. I think that it a change that will be welcomed by many. That's really the only thing I care about. I love the hardware of the iPhone 5. The size to me is perfect. When I need something bigger I will go for the iPad.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I personally think the ip5 have a nice screen size can't complain.. It feels so much better coming from the ip4 and I think when the ip6 comes out they gonna go bigger but for now I am comfortable with this and if ppl did wanna I bigger go android lol..

northstahr

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I would like Apple to give the iPhone a bigger screen... but only 4.2" to 4.5". No bigger than that. Anything larger would feel awkward.

Jaggernaut

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Gotta go bigger

Must say that when I fist saw a Galaxy Note I thought my iPhone 4 screen seemed outdated to me.
And I thought and wished the iPhone 5 would have a wider screen...

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Maybe I'm one of the few people who is actually glad Apple went with taller but not wider with the iPhone 5. I've had numerous 4+ inch Android devices either as my daily driver or as a temporary thing and I can tell you that the increased width, at least to me, in some cases is a bit overrated.

But I would like to see Apple go to a 4.3" screen with the iPhone, I still think that is the sweet spot.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

There's an obvious solution - TWO phones. Make a 4" and 5". Done. Make them exactly the same except for the screen size. Use the extra space in the 5" for a larger battery. Shouldn't be that hard. I'm not sure how much longer Apple can compete with only one product.

Last edited:

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Apple will be able to compete for a long time running I feel even with "one product". The fan base that is satisfied is big enough to do so and even those that say the screen isn't big enough still purchase and use the iPhone daily. It's just that reliable.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Apple will be able to compete for a long time running I feel even with "one product". The fan base that is satisfied is big enough to do so and even those that say the screen isn't big enough still purchase and use the iPhone daily. It's just that reliable.

I think the problem is that was the same exact position RIM was in before the iPhone came along. They got too comfortable with their user base and just kept sticking with "Don't fix what isn't broken". The problem is everything will be made to look broken if it's ignored long enough. I'm not saying Apple will suffer the same fate as RIM, but they have to be careful not to put themselves in the same position.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

iP5 is nice to hold and I would hate it to become a phablet, but a bit of width would really make it better for me as well. Two phone designs sounds like an option. I would like one version with the height of the 3.5" screen and a little more width.

Verysassy56

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I would love a bigger screen. I dream of it. I even been looking at different phones for this reason. I decided I will just have to wait for my dream to come true. I decided I wouldn't be as happy with a droid after having the Iphone.

beathookup

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have used s GS3 before my iPhone 5 and while I couldn't maneuver very easy with one hand the display blew me away when booting it back up after using my iPhone for a while

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would be OK with the next iPhone going a half inch wider if that is what Apple does. That said, I think the 4" screen on the iPhone 5 is just fine for now. Sometimes bigger doesn't always equal better. I loved the screen on my Nexus 4, however, after a few days with it my love of the larger screen wore off and I was looking for something smaller again. So back to my iPhone 5 again.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't care what they do as long as the one handed use remains in aspect ratio, I do NOT want a phablet - that's what tablets are for - I have no interest in a 5 inch device I have to worry about making it easier to shatter the screen, battery life issues and so on... I'm sure apple may make two different sizes with the iPhone 6 next year but only as a premium handset, don't think they'll make a cheap model of that like they will a 5S

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 920 as well and the bigger screen is nice for web browsing and reading my RSS app. At 4.5", the iPhone would be great!

bsmithphoto13

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
After using an Iphone 5, Galaxy S3 and Blackberry Z10. I find that the Z10 screen size at 4.2" fits my hand perfectly. The S3 was too big for one handed use and the Iphone 5 seems a bit narrow for two handed typing... The 4.2" seems to be a great middle ground.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
being in the hospital with only the use of one arm the 5 is the perfect size and weight as I was using it laying flat on my back due to cracked ribs I have to say I dropped it more times than I can remember and had every nurse crawl under the bed to look for it but at least it never fell on my face

the iphone5 is perfect in my eyes

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I eschewed the iP5 due to lack of a bigger screen. Having made that decision to go Android primarily for screen size, I got the biggest available at the time (Galaxy Note II). After 7 months with the beast, I really like it. My wife stayed with Apple and I got her an iP5 for xmas last year. Her constant complaint has been battery life since day 1 of ownership. I have used it a couple of times and almost can't type anymore on that keyboard due to it's relatively small size and lack of Swype ( I really, really love the GNII keyboard with Swype installed - so good). Please bear in mind that I owned 2 iPhones and am very much an Apple devotee (you can pry my Mac Book Air out of my cold, dead hands, etc.). The downside is that the GNII is HUGE. Have played around with the new GS4 at my local verizon store and love the form factor so far. Screen looks incredible, it is definitely a 1 handed phone and they have done a fantastic job of maximizing the screen real estate IMHO. I'm really hoping that Apple will move towards a larger format SOON - I miss the ecosystem and tight integration with my MBA/iPad/Outlook that I had previously. If there was a way to build a hybrid myself? I'd be there. But, for now, screen real estate and the joy of removable battery/removable storage media win out over OS and ecosystem right now. GNII lasts 1.5 - 2 days easily for me, wife can barely get home after work before heading for a charger. When you spend as much time in airports as I do, I need that reassurance of knowing I'm good to go no matter how long the flight gets delayed, etc. Plus Google Maps just rocks - best damned navigation system I've ever used. And it's native...........

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I just saw in Fox News that apple is gonna come out with a 4.7" & 5.7" screen iPhones. Also a cheaper iPhone in different colors to help compete with android.

Tapped out from my 5

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site

In my opinion, Apple was bring smart. They enlarged the iPhone while maintaining, for the most part at least, the ability to operate it with one hand. It isn't perfect, but it perfectly fit their goal at that time and millions upon millions bought it. Furthermore, if the next iPhone is built to your specification but was introduced & sold with iOS 6.1.4, would you still buy it? Would you be dissatisfied with the fact that OS was still basically the same?

I've kind of become more accustomed to larger screens (always thought my iPhone was more than adequate), but yes. I would have been completely dissatisfied if they had enlarged the screen size and released it with iOS 6. I've told several people that iOS 7 should have been the OS that launched with the iPhone 5 as it makes it seem like a new device even with it being very similar to the iPhone 4/4S.

For me however, the iPhone 5 screen is large enough. If a larger phone comes out I may get it, but we'll see. I'm in no hurry to abandon the size just yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR