• Yes go bigger

Votes: 112 70.4%
  • No do not go bigger

Votes: 47 29.6%

• Total voters

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I think somebody here has expressed their opinion often enough . . time to move on bud :/

Lol! Opinions, opinions, the forum is full of them isn't it? No one is "making" you read anyone's post my friend. The option to 'ignore' will always be available to you. :)

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk HD

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Lol ok my friend, what ever you say. When Apple does release a larger iPhone this year (or next year) then you are going to eat those words of yours.
People like you I'm sure said the exact same thing about the iPad Mini.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How is he going to eat his words when all he pointed out was that Apple will adjust the iPhone as they see fit, not at the demand of a tiny (yes, minuscule) portion of the consumer base. So millions want a bigger screen? When you think about that number do you consider that there are significantly more people who are either neutral to increased screen size or that don't want it, and that Apple's approach (as it has been for as long as the iPhone has existed) is to appease the masses, not the little corner of people chanting "FIVE INCH SCREEN! FIVE INCH SCREEN!", while a literal ocean of consumers are standing behind Apple going "The iPhone is perfect for me as it is."

"People like you"...this seems to be the comment that echoes amongst the members that come to this forum with the idea that they some how have a "better understanding" of what consumers want. I'll say this...Apple knows more about consumer demand than this entire board of forum users multiplied by a thousand. They spend millions and millions of dollars just studying it, researching it and figuring out how to approach the market with their device...they've yet to fail, and they've yet to follow niche market trends with ANY of their products (iPad included).

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
How is he going to eat his words when all he pointed out was that Apple will adjust the iPhone as they see fit, not at the demand of a tiny (yes, minuscule) portion of the consumer base. So millions want a bigger screen? When you think about that number do you consider that there are significantly more people who are either neutral to increased screen size or that don't want it, and that Apple's approach (as it has been for as long as the iPhone has existed) is to appease the masses, not the little corner of people chanting "FIVE INCH SCREEN! FIVE INCH SCREEN!", while a literal ocean of consumers are standing behind Apple going "The iPhone is perfect for me as it is."

"People like you"...this seems to be the comment that echoes amongst the members that come to this forum with the idea that they some how have a "better understanding" of what consumers want. I'll say this...Apple knows more about consumer demand than this entire board of forum users multiplied by a thousand. They spend millions and millions of dollars just studying it, researching it and figuring out how to approach the market with their device...they've yet to fail, and they've yet to follow niche market trends with ANY of their products (iPad included).

Not trying to imply that I have a better understanding, just a different opinion. If you guys were offended by the comment then I apologize. You're going to get a lot of differing opinions on the forums though.
I guess we will just have to see when Apple releases their product line this summer/fall, won't we? :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I admit that it was a willing purchase. It was the only choice I had in the matter in terms of a bigger iPhone though. Hopefully that will change this year. :)

I hear you, my friend...;)...Seriously, I don't have a problem with people wanting the iPhone display to be larger. Heck, I've even said on several occasions that I wouldn't mind its display being a little larger. Yet, if I didn't think the current size was sufficient, I wouldn't have purchased it. Period! Again, i dont have a problem with anyone wanting a larger display but I vehemently disagree with the premise that Apple is doomed if it does not follow the crowd and make a phablet size iPhone. That's all. ;).

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I hear you, my friend...;)...Seriously, I don't have a problem with people wanting the iPhone display to be larger. Heck, I've even said on several occasions that I wouldn't mind its display being a little larger. Yet, if I didn't think the current size was sufficient, I wouldn't have purchased it. Period! Again, i dont have a problem with anyone wanting a larger display but I vehemently disagree with the premise that Apple is doomed if it does not follow the crowd and make a phablet size iPhone. That's all. ;).

Doomed? Not by any stretch of the imagination. I hope it didn't seem like I was implying that with my comments. I still do feel that it would still be unwise for them not add another screen option to the iFamily but again, that's just my opinion and everyone has one.
I came from a Droid Bionic (4.3" display) to a iPhone 4S (which was my very first 'iAnything' to be honest) because of the superior looking display and the fact that it would work flawlessly with my (then brand new) aftermarket car stereo.
My DB didn't work so flawless with my car stereo so I made the switch. Soon after I started to really miss the options in regards to screen size that are available with the Android platform. I didn't miss the buggy software though. From my experience iOS is by far superior in terms of stability when compared to Android. The impressive screen sizes are not enough to make me go back and sacrifice the stability of iOS though.
My iPhone 5 is almost perfect if it weren't for that small screen. Anyhow, I made a vow that I would chant "5 inch iPhone!" over and over until Apple finally folds and gives us what we want. :)
If that bothers/offends anyone on this forum then the option to ignore me will always be present. I don't mean you specifically when I say that, I'm speaking in general.
Heck, if Apple can potentially contemplate developing a stupid iWatch then they can most certainly contemplate the idea of a 5" iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Doomed? Not by any stretch of the imagination. I hope it didn't seem like I was implying that with my comments. I still do feel that it would still be unwise for them not add another screen option to the iFamily but again, that's just my opinion and everyone has one.
I came from a Droid Bionic (4.3" display) to a iPhone 4S (which was my very first 'iAnything' to be honest) because of the superior looking display and the fact that it would work flawlessly with my (then brand new) aftermarket car stereo.
My DB didn't work so flawless with my car stereo so I made the switch. Soon after I started to really miss the options in regards to screen size that are available with the Android platform. I didn't miss the buggy software though. From my experience iOS is by far superior in terms of stability when compared to Android. The impressive screen sizes are not enough to make me go back and sacrifice the stability of iOS though.
My iPhone 5 is almost perfect if it weren't for that small screen. Anyhow, I made a vow that I would chant "5 inch iPhone!" over and over until Apple finally folds and gives us what we want. :)
If that bothers/offends anyone on this forum then the option to ignore me will always be present. I don't mean you specifically when I say that, I'm speaking in general.
Heck, if Apple can potentially contemplate developing a stupid iWatch then they can most certainly contemplate the idea of a 5" iPhone.

It's all good, my friend...:)....and no, I didn't think you were implying that Apple was doomed if they didn't produce a phablet size iPhone, at least not in your reply to me. Having said that, I doubt anyone here have a problem with you or anyone else wanting Apple to produce a 5" or larger display, however, the problem arises when that "want" transforms into a a need to convince those who are in opposition as to why they should agree with you. Know what I mean?

Last edited:

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
It's all good, my friend...:)....and no, I didn't think you were implying that Apple was doomed if they didn't produce a phablet size iPhone, at least not in your reply to me. Having said that, I doubt anyone here have a problem with you or anyone wanting Apple to produce a 5" or larger display, however, the problem arises when that "want" transforms into a a need to convince those who ate in opposition as to why they should agree with you. Know what I mean?

Everyone does need to agree with me!! I'm ALWAYS right. It's MY way or bust!! :)
I'm only kidding.
I see your point and if I'm making folk feel like they need to agree with me then I need to be more mindful of that because that's not my intent.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Lol! Opinions, opinions, the forum is full of them isn't it? No one is "making" you read anyone's post my friend. The option to 'ignore' will always be available to you. :)

Yup, plenty of opinions, and mine is just one more, however I don't keep repeating my opinion over and over and over again on multiple threads in multiple forums. We get it, you want a bigger iphone, I'll write it down in my diary so I don't forget . . .

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup, plenty of opinions, and mine is just one more, however I don't keep repeating my opinion over and over and over again on multiple threads in multiple forums. We get it, you want a bigger iphone, I'll write it down in my diary so I don't forget . . .

ROFL! I'm glad you get the point. Now that you've gotten that off your chest I guess you can simply ignore my post from this point forward then?
Thanks.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to imply that I have a better understanding, just a different opinion. If you guys were offended by the comment then I apologize. You're going to get a lot of differing opinions on the forums though.
I guess we will just have to see when Apple releases their product line this summer/fall, won't we? :)

I wasn't offended at all, i could care less what you want from Apple to be honest. We certainly will see what Apple releases later this year...and we'll all be prepared (as normal) for the tidal wave of trolls who don't get their iGalaxy Phone S IV.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
iGalaxy Phone S IV.
I think you have a point. What a lot of android aficionados want is a device having the hardware, signal and build quality of an iPhone and an OS as smooth as the iPhone but with a bigger screen, removable battery, external SD card and the easily customizable/open source OS of an android. The HTC One comes close but it does not have a removable battery or an external SD card and it has Sense on it and the camera is not as great as some would like.

Until that android phone is made, iMore will probably have android visitors on this forum.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There's always going to be a desire for a "perfect device" that covers the spectrum of what every person wants...but it can't happen, it's impossible because many of the features of the "perfect device" contradict what one person or another want. And it's understandable that proponents of other devices will come to iMore to share their opinion of what would make the iPhone great for them...and i don't think anyone has a problem with that. Where the problem comes is when people flood the iMore forum with the "Apple is going to fail if..." mumbo jumbo, or the "The iPhone is pitiful, the screen is too small and needs to be made like other devices..." (or something to that extent). Some of you come here and offer legitimate argument, others not so much...unfortunately those of you from other sides of the fence tend to get lumped together, and it's primarily because you tend to stay quiet when your less tactful comrades come over and stir up dust. No one expects you to speak up in defense of a device you don't stand behind, but it'd be nice to see the small group of you that ARE trying to be contributing members pull the choke chain on your troll dogs every once in a while...

Just sayin...

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
it's primarily because you tend to stay quiet when your less tactful comrades come over and stir up dust. No one expects you to speak up in defense of a device you don't stand behind, but it'd be nice to see the small group of you that ARE trying to be contributing members pull the choke chain on your troll dogs every once in a while...

I did not too long ago. I will try to pay more attention.

http://forums.imore.com/other-oss-devices/253241-price-hike-new-samsung-gs4.html#post2012955

Anyhow, part of the problem is the fragmentation of the Android ecosystem. The flame wars that are going on about the HTC One vs. S4 right now are worse than any of the anti-apple things the android aficionados who come here have posted, at least that I have seen. The fragmentation makes the android community less cohesive and the one thing they can unite against is being anti-apple, lol!

Not true of everyone of course as many people own both an android phone and an ipad and/or Mac or just don't feel this need to defend google, samsung, htc, etc.

I do think you would be amused if you read how many S4 owners are accusing the HTC One owners of trolling on their forum and vice-versa. Basically, how you see some android users behaving here is no different than how they behave on Android Central when they defend their particular android device relative to another android device.

None of it bothers me much as I am just here (and there) to learn and to pass on information if it is something I am in the mood to do. Put them on ignore if they bother you.

Last edited:

Matt Hickman

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I would be totally fine with the current resolution stretched out to 4.3 inches. That would make the PPI go to 305. Thats not bad at all. and 4.3 inches is a great size. They can try to figure out what they will do next. I'd like to see the screen get as big at 4.5 inches.

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I feel the 5 is a great device as is, no need for a bigger device in my own opinion. That being said, I am not saying I wouldn't be opposed to a 4.3" display at all. Having had the S3, I did feel that the screen size was very desirable on that device and very easy to use one handed as well which I feel the vast majority of Apple users love about their iPhones. In all honesty, I feel the only part that Apple needs to up their game with is the iOS side of the game. I think on the customization side of the field is where it lacks the most and like some may agree, Apple could make a TON of money with Themes, Fonts, and other tweaks being available directly through the App Store. I feel something as simple as this could bring the revenue up and possibly even some Android users over to iOS.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I think on the customization side of the field is where it lacks the most and like some may agree, Apple could make a TON of money with Themes, Fonts, and other tweaks being available directly through the App Store. I feel something as simple as this could bring the revenue up and possibly even some Android users over to iOS.
They would need to be free for it to entice Android users.

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
They would need to be free for it to entice Android users.

It would be smart to place some themes in the App Store for free I absolutely agree, but most fonts on the Play Store do have a cost and are downloaded frequently. Although your statement leads me to believe that Android users really don't like Apple for one reason, they have to pay for things instead of getting everything handed to them!!!! No I kid with this statement. I am a fan of the Android platform as well and I will say that not everything is free in the Play Store, that includes themes.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
http://bgr.com/2013/04/30/iphone-6-release-date-larger-display/

Take that with a huge grain of salt, if you will.... Or if you won't, then, hello Mr. Obvious. The iPhone 6, slated for a June 2014 release, may have a bigger screen.

I really hope that if they indeed do go with a larger display, that they have two (or more) lines of iPhone. Give us a choice, and I think everyone will be happy.

I am ok with the size of my iPhone 4. It's a nice smartphone - best one I've ever had. There have been maybe a handful (or two handfuls) of times where I had wished I had a bigger screen. Mostly those times turn out to be when I am showing friends pictures or videos that I've taken. But for my use, I'm ok with watching a short YouTube vid or video podcast on this 3.5 inch screen.

But you have to ask yourself this.... Can you deal with the bigger phone in your pocket/purse on a daily basis? Is the potential of losing one-handed navigation and typing that important? IDK for me. I think I would go WOW for a 4.5 or 5 inch retina display, and just hand my wallet to the Verizon clerk. I had a Droid X for a while, and I don't remember that phone being "too big". But that was a long time ago.

So, I guess a bigger iPhone is coming. When -- maybe June 2014 according to the rumor mill.... Maybe someday -- who knows. Would you hold off on getting the iPhone 5s if you were even 50% certain the iPhone 6 would have a bigger screen?

I personally, just might hold onto my salt, and my upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods