• Yes go bigger

Votes: 112 70.4%
  • No do not go bigger

Votes: 47 29.6%

• Total voters

NAMISH

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I for one honestly can't understand the need for a larger iPhone. I was one of the skeptics when the iPhone 5 was released, who took every opportunity to compare it to and degrade in comparison to the Galaxy S3 - my device at the time.

However as good as the S3 is, it also had its flaws. I won't detail them here as they there's no need for that and mostly its about personal experiences as well. But after much deliberation, I moved to iPhone 5.

For someone who's argued for the iPhone to be quickly becoming outdated, with lack of various features that other platforms and manufacturers are offering right now, I'm loving using my iPhone 5 just as much as i loved my S3 or my HTC Mozart before that and others prior to that.

One thing that the iPhone most certainly is, is the perfect size for comfortable use with a proper screen size. I may have liked it a tad bit bigger, but I respect Apple's decision with sticking to this size instead of going larger and see more pros for it than cons.

Apple may release a larger as well as a cheaper iPhone in the near future... That just remains to be seen.

Ironically though, a thought did cross my mind today... If Apple had just included phone capabilities with a sim slot in the iPad mini, now that would have been fun. iPhone 5 for those that need it, and the iPad Mini Phablet for the others that wanted it. :)

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The only problem I see with making a phablet is it may cannibalize it's iPad mini market. If I have a 5 inch plus iPhone, I may not need that iPad mini. Although, for me, the best set up is the full sized iPad and the iPhone 5. I think that combination is the best of both worlds.

NAMISH

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
7" is too big for a phablet.

You say that now... But give it another year or so, Samsung'll take you there ;)

Honestly though, you're right... It is too big for a Phablet. Perhaps the IPad Mini 2.0 will go down a notch in screen size and don the capabilities of the iPhone. And if its still too big, perhaps Apple might also release a much-much-smaller dumb-phone paired with the Phablet (like HTC did with it's last offering in some areas) - ooooo!!! make that the next gen iPod nano that doubles as a phone when paired with your Phablet-iPad-mini-2.0.

P.s. see the advantages of being sleep deprived, you think up of awesome-yet-insanely-stupid ideas ;)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I would love a smaller device if only I could see it well enough to read the screen. They certainly are more portable. Small is better IF you can read the screen. I can't. That is the only reason I prefer a larger screen.

There is an option to have a constant zoom on the screen. Like a magnifying glass.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Let's also not forget the apps. iTunes still offers one or two more than does Google Play. And the apps run on all iOS devices. You don't find that on Android. (I'm trying not to say "fragmentation" here.)

Apple understands and appreciates the developers behind the apps that have made this platform so remarkable. They don't want to make things difficult on them. You cannot imagine the number of nasty emails and iTunes reviews that appeared after the release of the iPhone 5 because the apps weren't updated [fast enough] to take advantage of the screen. Some customers demand it all.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I had to leave iPhone 5 and go to Android's bigger screens because of vision problems. The larger screen is just SO much easier to read on the Droid DNA, and Jelly Bean seems to be just as smooth, and faster than the iPhone 5. But I really enjoy the ease of use and simplicity of iOS, even with it's limitations compared to Android, and I think that a larger screen would be a very profitable addition to the iPhone offerings.

You could have used the accessibility features.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Well little Timmy is being stiff-necked if that's his view on the matter. Also these so-called "tradeoffs" hold very little validity. He needs to take a good look at some of the newer smartphones on the market.
I guess the iPad mini was a "trade off" as well but look how that's selling....
I don't recall anyone asking for the iPhone 5s or even the 6 to release in a big screen 'only' model. What we are asking for is a choice and if Timmy can't see that by now then he will never ever come close to possessing the visionary finesse that Mr. Jobs ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I don't see a GS4 with different sizes....

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
The only problem I see with making a phablet is it may cannibalize it's iPad mini market. If I have a 5 inch plus iPhone, I may not need that iPad mini. Although, for me, the best set up is the full sized iPad and the iPhone 5. I think that combination is the best of both worlds.

I need my phone and tablet separate. There are certain things I do on my phone and others for my tablet. This is the one time I don't need convergence. (I can't believe I said that).

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have issues typing on the iPhone, I'm better with a bigger device but the thing is apple makes everything easier all my apps on apple are easier to use and less trouble.

For example mctube to save YouTube videos in cache vs tube mate for android. Tube mate saves to the discard but its major work while mctube just gives a resolution choice and bam you're done.

I do thing apple needs to widen up the phone a phone the keyboard is really cramped.

I'm still debating keeping or selling my 5

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't see a GS4 with different sizes....

And I don't see your point, especially since the Galaxy S3 comes in 2 difference sizes and it's still considered to be a good phone.
There's a chance that a smaller GS4 may become available soon.
The point is that fans of the Galaxy series have 'options' in regards to screen size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The only reason Apple will not release a larger iPhone is because they can't make the device thin enough and still have acceptable battery life.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Apple likes to produce skinny devices. To offset the additional pixels, they would need to put a larger battery into the device. Now, without making the phone thicker, that is not really possible, although I suppose the extra size of a larger device might allow for a little extra room inside, but like I said above, not enough to have acceptable battery life.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have issues typing on the iPhone, I'm better with a bigger device but the thing is apple makes everything easier all my apps on apple are easier to use and less trouble.

I do thing apple needs to widen up the phone a phone the keyboard is really cramped.

I'm still debating keeping or selling my 5

I like the size of the keyboard space. I used to think that if I had a bigger screen that would produce a larger keyboard that I would be more accurate and faster. But I was wrong. The keyboard being more compact has allowed me type faster and I'm very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR