• Yes go bigger

Votes: 112 70.4%
  • No do not go bigger

Votes: 47 29.6%

• Total voters

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
I would also like to see a 5" iPhone. That would be an amazing device. Larger display, better battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would also like to see a 5" iPhone. That would be an amazing device. Larger display, better battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

4.5-5 in device from apple would be perfect for me.

I know a number of people switching to the s4 solely because they know the name of it and it has a bigger screen.

I'm not saying everyone is doing that buy it would be nice if they had current sizing options and a bigger model.

But like stated they will do as they sit best.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I had to leave iPhone 5 and go to Android's bigger screens because of vision problems. The larger screen is just SO much easier to read on the Droid DNA, and Jelly Bean seems to be just as smooth, and faster than the iPhone 5. But I really enjoy the ease of use and simplicity of iOS, even with it's limitations compared to Android, and I think that a larger screen would be a very profitable addition to the iPhone offerings.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I had to leave iPhone 5 and go to Android's bigger screens because of vision problems. The larger screen is just SO much easier to read on the Droid DNA, and Jelly Bean seems to be just as smooth, and faster than the iPhone 5. But I really enjoy the ease of use and simplicity of iOS, even with it's limitations compared to Android, and I think that a larger screen would be a very profitable addition to the iPhone offerings.

You make some good points. Apple is losing out on money and customer satisfaction by refusing to provide more options (meaning screen sizes) to their customer base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Toyota has the Corolla, and it is probably their best seller, but they also have the Camry because people want a larger car.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a feeling that Apple will deliver on the bigger screened smartphones and like their other products, it will sell and sell big. There is just too much pressure and money to make for them not to. Look at what happened with the iPad Mini. Initially, they said that no one would want a smaller tablet. Then they made one and it sold. Same will happen with the oversized iPhone.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that Apple will deliver on the bigger screened smartphones and like their other products, it will sell and sell big. There is just too much pressure and money to make for them not to. Look at what happened with the iPad Mini. Initially, they said that no one would want a smaller tablet. Then they made one and it sold. Same will happen with the oversized iPhone.

I hope that you are right. I would like to have an iPhone, and be able to use it.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
As much as I would like to see it happen, if Apple does in fact release a 5 plus inch device then it probably won't be until next year.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
As much as I would like to see it happen, if Apple does in fact release a 5 plus inch device then it probably won't be until next year.
I think they do that because the "S" upgrade years they want to keep the case the same size for accessories. That encourages accessory makers to make a broad range of accessories for iPhones.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Tim Cook, on the Apple earnings conference call....talking about screen size:
My view continues to be that iPhone 5 has the best display in the industry. We always strive to create the very best display. Some customers value large screen size. Others value other factors such as resolution, color quality, white balance, reflectivity, power consumption, compatibility of apps, portability. Our competitors have made some significant tradeoffs in many of these areas to ship a larger display. We would not ship a larger display iPhone while these tradeoffs exist.
Apple does better before bigger... :)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Tim Cook, on the Apple earnings conference call....talking about screen size:

Apple does better before bigger... :)

Can't argue with his logic in that statement, I am not certain which conference call this was mentioned at, but I am assuming it was made before the Droid DNA and HTC One were released.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Can't argue with his logic in that statement, I am not certain which conference call this was mentioned at, but I am assuming it was made before the Droid DNA and HTC One were released.
That quote was from today... Apple's quarterly earnings conference call...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
That quote was from today... Apple's quarterly earnings conference call...

No kidding? Geez. There are times I listen to what Cook, Forestall back in the day, and others say and I think "You know, they are dead on and I cannot argue with the stance they take". But then other times, like this, I feel like maybe they are in a bit of denial. I'll never defend an amoled screen against that of the iPhone regardless if it were 10 thousand ppi because the color gamut is simply off. But the screens that HTC are putting out? I would have to argue that the competitor has managed to provide said screen with less trade-offs than ol Tim mentioned at the call.

I struggle everyday lately because at my size (overgrown to say the least), the iphone looks like a cheese-it in my hands. I crave that larger screen but I don't want to leave IOS. The phone itself in how it functions is perfect for me. I realize I am the minority in wanting that large iphone. And apple has no business changing its approach for those like me. But I wish the option was there. I'm eye-balling the S4 with intensity but ultimately, because of Android, it'll end up returned 10 days and a 35 dollar restock fee later :/

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
If Tim Cook said it, then it must be true./sarcasm
He obviously hasn't seen the DNA or the HTC One, as there are zero tradeoffs in those screens.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No kidding? Geez. (snipped)... apple has no business changing its approach for those like me. ...(snipped) :/

Apple does not have to change its approach for you, but it should indeed take your wants into consideration....:)

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Well little Timmy is being stiff-necked if that's his view on the matter. Also these so-called "tradeoffs" hold very little validity. He needs to take a good look at some of the newer smartphones on the market.
I guess the iPad mini was a "trade off" as well but look how that's selling....
I don't recall anyone asking for the iPhone 5s or even the 6 to release in a big screen 'only' model. What we are asking for is a choice and if Timmy can't see that by now then he will never ever come close to possessing the visionary finesse that Mr. Jobs ever had.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
" because of Android, it'll end up returned 10 days and a 35 dollar restock fee later :/"

Explanation?

It seems to always come back to four things for me.

1. iMessage: I have several groups in iMessage that I communicate daily with via text. They all have iPhones. I don't want to ask them to choose another platform cause it works perfectly for them. But on android I've found no viable alternative. Handcent, GoSMS, etc. none replicate it.
2. Tap to scroll: I use it in every app from Facebook to Flipboard to safari/chrome. Just tap the status bar and you're instantly at the top of the page. I love that feature. But patents prevent it on android.
3. Apps like Juxtaposer, photostitch, flick homerun, iMovie, etc. They aren't on android and safe to say never will be. I have other go-to apps that aren't as well. And with ones like Juxtaposer there are no viable alternatives.
4. App differences. Like on Facebook for android, you cannot simply long press a pic to save it. In The Chive, you can't simply swipe from pic to pic. I find IOS apps to be more refined in various cases.

There are other nitpicks I have but I have IOS nitpicks as well. These are the big 4 for me with iMessage being the largest. I won't mention lag as one cause I haven't played with the HTC One or S4 on 4.2.2 to see.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It is obvious that iOS better suits your needs, so it should be your platform of choice. That is what it all comes down to, is what works best for each person. As I have stated, I like the iPhone, but screen size is a problem when one's eyes start to go. I also can't understand why Apple does not have text wrap, which fits the text to the screen when you pinch to zoom, instead of having to scroll side to side to read it. They do have Reader on Safari, but that is not enough.
Btw, I am using a Droid DNA now, and it has shown no sign of lag. Lag is a thing of the past with Jelly Bean on the high-end Android phones. Not completely gone, but no more that iOS.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
screen size is a problem when one's eyes start to go.
I would love a smaller device if only I could see it well enough to read the screen. They certainly are more portable. Small is better IF you can read the screen. I can't. That is the only reason I prefer a larger screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox