• Yes go bigger

Votes: 112 70.4%
  • No do not go bigger

Votes: 47 29.6%

• Total voters

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm with the go bigger minority here. I've owned the note and note 2 along with several other "big" androids, and it would be amazing if apple came out with a bigger iPhone. The people that say the note is so hard to carry around just need to take off the skinny jeans because I had no troubles carrying it in my pocket. It's time for apple to give people a choice. A normal sized iPhone and a bigger sized iPhone. If they come out with a bigger iPhone and you don't want it, don't get it. It's that easy.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm with the go bigger minority here. I've owned the note and note 2 along with several other "big" androids, and it would be amazing if apple came out with a bigger iPhone. The people that say the note is so hard to carry around just need to take off the skinny jeans because I had no troubles carrying it in my pocket. It's time for apple to give people a choice. A normal sized iPhone and a bigger sized iPhone. If they come out with a bigger iPhone and you don't want it, don't get it. It's that easy.

Preach it please! I don't think I could have said it better myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the current size but I wouldn't be upset with up to 4.3". I think the current phone with an iPad mini is perfect!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For the people who demand that Apple make bigger iPhones, if you were a smartphone company that has had unprecedented success selling only one smartphone model, would you take take a risk and create several sizes of that phone to try to appease "everyone" or would you focus your attention on making hardware modifications and operating system improvements in an attempt to make your wildly successful device even better for a "majority" of the people?

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
For the people who demand that Apple make bigger iPhones, if you were a smartphone company that has had unprecedented success selling only one smartphone model, would you take take a risk and create several sizes of that phone to try to appease "everyone" or would you focus your attention on making hardware modifications and operating system improvements in an attempt to make your wildly successful device even better for a "majority" of the people?

From a business perspective, there a several things you need to consider (market segmentation, supply chain, manufacturing, etc.). Bottom line is the bottom line; Apple will act in a manner that optimizes its profits. The only way you will get Apple to make changes is to stop buying their products. Until they see dramatic bottom line impact, they won't change the screen size.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From a business perspective, there a several things you need to consider (market segmentation, supply chain, manufacturing, etc.). Bottom line is the bottom line; Apple will act in a manner that optimizes its profits. The only way you will get Apple to make changes is to stop buying their products. Until they see dramatic bottom line impact, they won't change the screen size.

Of course, there are specific things to take into consideration that would assist in the decision making process, however, some people are demanding that Apple create various sized iPhone without seemingly taking into consideration the things you mentioned even caring. Furthermore, some conclude that if Apple don't increase the size of the iPhone to that of its competitors, they are doomed and will suffer a fate like that of RIM/Blackberry.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

It worked for the iPad Mini and that device is selling well from my understanding. My case in point...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It worked for the iPad Mini and that device is selling well from my understanding. My case in point...

The iPad Mini was a decrease in size and not an increase. Furthermore, it a great deal of people who purchased the iPad Mini purchased them for their small children and as a Apple version of a book reader. In no way am I saying that "everyone" purchased the Mini for those purposes because that would be untrue. Furthermore, the market for a smaller iPad to compete with the Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab and the like was ripe for it and made more sense, in my opinion. I am not convinced that the outcry for a phablet size iPhone is all that great. I could be wrong, though.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
The iPad Mini was a decrease in size and not an increase. Furthermore, it a great deal of people who purchased the iPad Mini purchased them for their small children and as a Apple version of a book reader. In no way am I saying that "everyone" purchased the Mini for those purposes because that would be untrue. Furthermore, the market for a smaller iPad to compete with the Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab and the like was ripe for it and made more sense, in my opinion. I am not convinced that the outcry for a phablet size iPhone is all that great. I could be wrong, though.

Devices like they GS3 are selling like hot cakes for a reason.
There are plenty of smaller Android devices on the market to choose from yet the GS3 remains a huge seller.
The world is ready and has been ready for larger sized devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Devices like they GS3 are selling like hot cakes for a reason.
There are plenty of smaller Android devices on the market to choose from yet the GS3 remains a huge seller.
The world is ready and has been ready for larger sized devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You could very well be right, but for the sake of this conversation, let's say that the world is indeed ready for larger smartphones. Samsung and others already have larger device readily available for purchase so why does Apple need to create one when they are making money hand over fist with 3.5 and 4-inch display iPhones? Having a choice to choose between a smartphone with a 4.3-inch and greater display and one with a 4-inch or smaller display is already available and the same is true in regard to having a choice between a semi-open OS and a closed one.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Of course, there are specific things to take into consideration that would assist in the decision making process, however, some people are demanding that Apple create various sized iPhone without seemingly taking into consideration the things you mentioned even caring. Furthermore, some conclude that if Apple don't increase the size of the iPhone to that of its competitors, they are doomed and will suffer a fate like that of RIM/Blackberry.

I think allowing the OS to get stale will threaten Apple more than keeping the screen size small.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think allowing the OS to get stale will threaten Apple more than keeping the screen size small.

I agree that modifications to iOS is more pressing than increasing the size of the iPhone at this point in time. :)

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
You could very well be right, but for the sake of this conversation, let's say that the world is indeed ready for larger smartphones. Samsung and others already have larger device readily available for purchase so why does Apple need to create one when they are making money hand over fist with 3.5 and 4-inch display iPhones? Having a choice to choose between a smartphone with a 4.3-inch and greater display and one with a 4-inch or smaller display is already available and the same is true in regard to having a choice between a semi-open OS and a closed one.

Lol. You are missing the point my friend. Apple doesn't make a smartphone over 4 inches.
3.5 -4" is not much of a choice at all.
Plenty of Apple customers desire to stick with the iPhone but at this point in time there isn't much to chose from as far as screen sizes are concerned but you already know this so I assume you are just trolling now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol. You are missing the point my friend.
Not really. I'm simply disagreeing.
Apple doesn't make a smartphone over 4 inches.
That is correct
3.5 -4" is not much of a choice at all.
That is subjective. Besides, for people who thought that a 3.5-inch display was too small and a 4.3-inch display was too large, the iPhone 5 size is an arguably perfect for them. Still, I understand what you're saying...:)
Plenty of Apple customers desire to stick with the iPhone but at this point in time there isn't much to chose from as far as screen sizes are concerned
If Apple's core users are satisfied and people who continue to set aside their S3's and Note 2's for the iPhone in it's current state then there is no need for Apple to put out a larger sized device simply because an arguably small percentage of people think they should.
but you already know this so I assume you are just trolling now.

(laughing)...I enjoy good conversation even those I may be at odds with and even though you've labeled me a "troll", I still enjoyed my conversation with you...:)....Take care.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tim Cook, why are you being so stubborn? Just admit it that you are wrong with the 4" screen and apologize. Now release a 4.85" phone!

The below information says otherwise.

iPhone 5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Commercial Reception
​Techcrunch reported that the
iPhone 5 sold out twenty times faster than the 4 and 4S models. Apple said that they were "blown away by the customer response".[SUP][97][/SUP] Phil Schiller, Apple's vice-president of worldwide marketing, said that over two million iPhone 5 orders had been received in the first 24 hours.[SUP][98][/SUP][SUP][99][/SUP] AT&T said that the iPhone 5 was the fastest-selling iPhone the company had ever offered, selling over five million units on launch weekend and exceeding the supply available.[SUP][100][/SUP][SUP][101][/SUP][SUP][102][/SUP] The release and sale of the iPhone 5 has also slowed down the growth of Android according to market share reports released by Kantar Worldpanel ComTech.[SUP][103][/SUP]

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I would never be pompous and state that Apple "needs" to release a larger phone. They don't "need" to do a single thing that enters my mind. I also don't want to see them replace the current 4" design with a larger one. But I do wish they would offer a larger size in addition to it in order to accommodate that target audience. While I do agree that Apple is appeasing the majority with its current size offering, I also feel the number of folks desiring a larger screen size is more than some on here give credit to. In the end, Apple will do what Apple feels is best for its business and we will continue to have choices either within the Apple offerings or outside.

I am excited to see what IOS 7 brings. I just hope it has more substance than simply changing colors, shapes, and patterns.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would never be pompous and state that Apple "needs" to release a larger phone. They don't "need" to do a single thing that enters my mind. I also don't want to see them replace the current 4" design with a larger one.
Outstanding!
But I do wish they would offer a larger size in addition to it in order to accommodate that target audience.
There is nothing wrong with you wanting that.
While I do agree that Apple is appeasing the majority with its current size offering, I also feel the number of folks desiring a larger screen size is more than some on here give credit to.
I may very well be underestimating the amount of people who want an enlarged iPhone, but then again, I may not...;)
In the end, Apple will do what Apple feels is best for its business and we will continue to have choices either within the Apple offerings or outside.
'nuf said.

I am excited to see what IOS 7 brings. I just hope it has more substance than simply changing colors, shapes, and patterns.
I hear you and we will see soon enough, my friend.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods