Votes: 112 70.4%
  • No do not go bigger

Votes: 47 29.6%

• Total voters

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Re: Gotta go bigger

These days, you have 2-year-olds using tablets and smartphones and knowing their way around them. So smartphones aren't made for children but can certainly be used, even to their full function, by children.

Most of the kids in my life (ages 3 and up) have iPads. They use them flawlessly and this is the perfect medium to introduce kids to computing. But we're talking grown adults who have choices. If it doesn't fit, there's always another that does.

One handed operation for people with larger hands? How about a larger keyboard instead. I can type almost 20 words a min in landscape on the iPhone. I suck one handed.

My question is, besides typing, where else are y'all having problems using the iPhone one handed?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Not really a fan of this huge screen fad. I like the iPhone 5 the way it is.

I, too, think it is a fad. Heck, I remember how people equated me talking on my Blackberry 7290 to talking with a brick to my ear. If that device was considered a brick back then, i suppose today's mammoth devices are slabs of concrete....:D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I like the forum. I come here for jailbreak info and the latest rumors. All I'm saying is that if you come here for actual discussion about pros and cons of Apple products and practices, you're gonna be disappointed. Its a fanboy forum.

Ahhh...a judgmental labeling of the forum by a not so subtle troll. Doesn't get much more legitimate than that! I've personally always preferred sweet and sour chicken myself...but i digress.

I can totally understand people's desire to have a larger screen, it works better for some...and thankfully we have a pretty broad spectrum of devices now that hit the mark with whatever screen size is your preference. In that though, when are people going to give it a rest with the whole "Apple better do "x" or else!"? I mean really? The iPhone is not going to be the same size as the Galaxy S or the note.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

But who puts a smartphone up to their ear? I only do it if I can't find my bluetooth.

I still do. I love using my Jawbone Icon Bluetooth device, but there are times when I simply don't want to use it and I have no problem putting my smartphone to my ear and talking on it. ;)

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking at the iPhone 5, and think the size looks great, update coming in July, and I think if the 5s is much bigger. I will probably go with the 5.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
[WARN]Time to get back on topic. This is an Applecentric site and we know that the users like their Apple to the point of not liking other operating systems. This thread is not for the purpose of comparing, it is simply for discussing iPhone device size.[/WARN]

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Me too. Although I used to use a BT headset until I got a BT equipped car. Now I have no need for one, so I always put the phone to my ear.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Most of the kids in my life (ages 3 and up) have iPads. They use them flawlessly and this is the perfect medium to introduce kids to computing. But we're talking grown adults who have choices. If it doesn't fit, there's always another that does.

One handed operation for people with larger hands? How about a larger keyboard instead. I can type almost 20 words a min in landscape on the iPhone. I suck one handed.

My question is, besides typing, where else are y'all having problems using the iPhone one handed?

Now that's a good question! I'd like to know the answer to that one myself!

anon5715870

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm not a big fan of having a hulking device in my pants pocket. What I do like, though, is the 4:3 aspect ratio of my iPad. It is much better for gaming and for reading web articles. Plus, it would make sense to have the same ratio across all devices. Do that, and stay around 4.5" and I think most people would be satisfied.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

The one-handed use thing is old. Apple has to adjust to the times and the competition. Go big or go home. lol

I agree with the one-handed thing 100%, but not the last statement. I have tried the 4S and the 5, but having vision problems, they don't work for me. I would love to see an iPhone with the screen size of the Galaxy S3. I think that Apple would sell all that they could make, and take a big chunk out of Android's dominance in marketshare.
When pigs fly...............:)

And as I have stated in the past, WHY doesn't Apple put text wrap on their phone (besides the reader on Safari). It is such an aggravation to scroll side-to-side to read a zoomed item.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Me too. Although I used to use a BT headset until I got a BT equipped car. Now I have no need for one, so I always put the phone to my ear.

The day i purchased a car with bluetooth connectivity it was like a whole new world, lol. I immediately sold my BT headset (that i always hated and that never fit properly and was uncomfortable after having in my ear for hours upon hours).

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I don't usually connect my phone. I try to leave Wifi and BT off unless I absolutely NEED them on, and if I don't pair it frequently my car "forgets" the connection. I also don't really like the idea that anyone that comes too close to my car can hear my conversations. Hearing ME is one thing, hearing both sides is another.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73