View Poll Results: Go bigger?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes go bigger

112 70.44%
  • No do not go bigger

47 29.56%
    Well little Timmy is being stiff-necked if that's his view on the matter. Also these so-called "tradeoffs" hold very little validity. He needs to take a good look at some of the newer smartphones on the market.
    I guess the iPad mini was a "trade off" as well but look how that's selling....
    I don't recall anyone asking for the iPhone 5s or even the 6 to release in a big screen 'only' model. What we are asking for is a choice and if Timmy can't see that by now then he will never ever come close to possessing the visionary finesse that Mr. Jobs ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2013 08:18 PM
    " because of Android, it'll end up returned 10 days and a 35 dollar restock fee later :/"

Explanation?
    04-23-2013 08:21 PM
    " because of Android, it'll end up returned 10 days and a 35 dollar restock fee later :/"

Explanation?
    It seems to always come back to four things for me.

1. iMessage: I have several groups in iMessage that I communicate daily with via text. They all have iPhones. I don't want to ask them to choose another platform cause it works perfectly for them. But on android I've found no viable alternative. Handcent, GoSMS, etc. none replicate it.
    2. Tap to scroll: I use it in every app from Facebook to Flipboard to safari/chrome. Just tap the status bar and you're instantly at the top of the page. I love that feature. But patents prevent it on android.
    3. Apps like Juxtaposer, photostitch, flick homerun, iMovie, etc. They aren't on android and safe to say never will be. I have other go-to apps that aren't as well. And with ones like Juxtaposer there are no viable alternatives.
    4. App differences. Like on Facebook for android, you cannot simply long press a pic to save it. In The Chive, you can't simply swipe from pic to pic. I find IOS apps to be more refined in various cases.

There are other nitpicks I have but I have IOS nitpicks as well. These are the big 4 for me with iMessage being the largest. I won't mention lag as one cause I haven't played with the HTC One or S4 on 4.2.2 to see.
    Last edited by finn5975; 04-23-2013 at 08:51 PM.
    jclisenby and General Tso like this.
    04-23-2013 08:36 PM
    It is obvious that iOS better suits your needs, so it should be your platform of choice. That is what it all comes down to, is what works best for each person. As I have stated, I like the iPhone, but screen size is a problem when one's eyes start to go. I also can't understand why Apple does not have text wrap, which fits the text to the screen when you pinch to zoom, instead of having to scroll side to side to read it. They do have Reader on Safari, but that is not enough.
    Btw, I am using a Droid DNA now, and it has shown no sign of lag. Lag is a thing of the past with Jelly Bean on the high-end Android phones. Not completely gone, but no more that iOS.
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    04-23-2013 09:13 PM
    screen size is a problem when one's eyes start to go.
    I would love a smaller device if only I could see it well enough to read the screen. They certainly are more portable. Small is better IF you can read the screen. I can't. That is the only reason I prefer a larger screen.
    04-23-2013 09:15 PM
    I for one honestly can't understand the need for a larger iPhone. I was one of the skeptics when the iPhone 5 was released, who took every opportunity to compare it to and degrade in comparison to the Galaxy S3 - my device at the time.

However as good as the S3 is, it also had its flaws. I won't detail them here as they there's no need for that and mostly its about personal experiences as well. But after much deliberation, I moved to iPhone 5.

For someone who's argued for the iPhone to be quickly becoming outdated, with lack of various features that other platforms and manufacturers are offering right now, I'm loving using my iPhone 5 just as much as i loved my S3 or my HTC Mozart before that and others prior to that.

One thing that the iPhone most certainly is, is the perfect size for comfortable use with a proper screen size. I may have liked it a tad bit bigger, but I respect Apple's decision with sticking to this size instead of going larger and see more pros for it than cons.

Apple may release a larger as well as a cheaper iPhone in the near future... That just remains to be seen.

Ironically though, a thought did cross my mind today... If Apple had just included phone capabilities with a sim slot in the iPad mini, now that would have been fun. iPhone 5 for those that need it, and the iPad Mini Phablet for the others that wanted it.
    04-23-2013 09:26 PM
    The only problem I see with making a phablet is it may cannibalize it's iPad mini market. If I have a 5 inch plus iPhone, I may not need that iPad mini. Although, for me, the best set up is the full sized iPad and the iPhone 5. I think that combination is the best of both worlds.
    kch50428 and Dryland like this.
    04-23-2013 09:37 PM
    If Apple had just included phone capabilities with a sim slot in the iPad mini, now that would have been fun. iPhone 5 for those that need it, and the iPad Mini Phablet for the others that wanted it.
    7" is too big for a phablet.
    04-23-2013 10:28 PM
    You say that now... But give it another year or so, Samsung'll take you there

Honestly though, you're right... It is too big for a Phablet. Perhaps the IPad Mini 2.0 will go down a notch in screen size and don the capabilities of the iPhone. And if its still too big, perhaps Apple might also release a much-much-smaller dumb-phone paired with the Phablet (like HTC did with it's last offering in some areas) - ooooo!!! make that the next gen iPod nano that doubles as a phone when paired with your Phablet-iPad-mini-2.0.

P.s. see the advantages of being sleep deprived, you think up of awesome-yet-insanely-stupid ideas
    04-23-2013 11:05 PM
    I agree. 7" is way too big for phablet.
    5-5" would be the sweet spot.

04-23-2013 11:06 PM
    I would love a smaller device if only I could see it well enough to read the screen. They certainly are more portable. Small is better IF you can read the screen. I can't. That is the only reason I prefer a larger screen.
    There is an option to have a constant zoom on the screen. Like a magnifying glass.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!
    04-24-2013 02:03 AM
    There is an option to have a constant zoom on the screen. Like a magnifying gl

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!
    And that option sux.
    04-24-2013 06:21 AM
    Let's also not forget the apps. iTunes still offers one or two more than does Google Play. And the apps run on all iOS devices. You don't find that on Android. (I'm trying not to say "fragmentation" here.)

Apple understands and appreciates the developers behind the apps that have made this platform so remarkable. They don't want to make things difficult on them. You cannot imagine the number of nasty emails and iTunes reviews that appeared after the release of the iPhone 5 because the apps weren't updated [fast enough] to take advantage of the screen. Some customers demand it all.
    Jaguarr40, Just_Me_D and GGRRAAFT like this.
    04-24-2013 08:14 AM
    I had to leave iPhone 5 and go to Android's bigger screens because of vision problems. The larger screen is just SO much easier to read on the Droid DNA, and Jelly Bean seems to be just as smooth, and faster than the iPhone 5. But I really enjoy the ease of use and simplicity of iOS, even with it's limitations compared to Android, and I think that a larger screen would be a very profitable addition to the iPhone offerings.
    You could have used the accessibility features.
    04-26-2013 01:37 AM
    Well little Timmy is being stiff-necked if that's his view on the matter. Also these so-called "tradeoffs" hold very little validity. He needs to take a good look at some of the newer smartphones on the market.
    I guess the iPad mini was a "trade off" as well but look how that's selling....
    I don't recall anyone asking for the iPhone 5s or even the 6 to release in a big screen 'only' model. What we are asking for is a choice and if Timmy can't see that by now then he will never ever come close to possessing the visionary finesse that Mr. Jobs ever had.

I don't see a GS4 with different sizes....
    04-26-2013 01:41 AM
    The only problem I see with making a phablet is it may cannibalize it's iPad mini market. If I have a 5 inch plus iPhone, I may not need that iPad mini. Although, for me, the best set up is the full sized iPad and the iPhone 5. I think that combination is the best of both worlds.
    I need my phone and tablet separate. There are certain things I do on my phone and others for my tablet. This is the one time I don't need convergence. (I can't believe I said that).
    04-26-2013 01:47 AM
    You could have used the accessibility features.
    Not a good feature for my needs.
    04-26-2013 02:00 AM
    I have issues typing on the iPhone, I'm better with a bigger device but the thing is apple makes everything easier all my apps on apple are easier to use and less trouble.

For example mctube to save YouTube videos in cache vs tube mate for android. Tube mate saves to the discard but its major work while mctube just gives a resolution choice and bam you're done.

I do thing apple needs to widen up the phone a phone the keyboard is really cramped.

I'm still debating keeping or selling my 5
    04-26-2013 06:48 AM
    I don't see a GS4 with different sizes....
    And I don't see your point, especially since the Galaxy S3 comes in 2 difference sizes and it's still considered to be a good phone.
    There's a chance that a smaller GS4 may become available soon.
    The point is that fans of the Galaxy series have 'options' in regards to screen size.

04-26-2013 07:39 AM
    Samsung phones are crap, but everybody knows 5" 1080p is the best way to go
    04-27-2013 04:11 AM
    The only reason Apple will not release a larger iPhone is because they can't make the device thin enough and still have acceptable battery life.
    04-27-2013 08:27 AM
    The only reason Apple will not release a larger iPhone is because they can't make the device thin enough and still have acceptable battery life.
    Huh?
    04-27-2013 09:05 AM
    Huh?
    Apple likes to produce skinny devices. To offset the additional pixels, they would need to put a larger battery into the device. Now, without making the phone thicker, that is not really possible, although I suppose the extra size of a larger device might allow for a little extra room inside, but like I said above, not enough to have acceptable battery life.
    04-27-2013 09:45 AM
    I have issues typing on the iPhone, I'm better with a bigger device but the thing is apple makes everything easier all my apps on apple are easier to use and less trouble.

I do thing apple needs to widen up the phone a phone the keyboard is really cramped.

I'm still debating keeping or selling my 5
    I like the size of the keyboard space. I used to think that if I had a bigger screen that would produce a larger keyboard that I would be more accurate and faster. But I was wrong. The keyboard being more compact has allowed me type faster and I'm very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-2013 10:34 AM
    A lot of Apple fanboys is dying for a 5-inch iphone iPhone should come to the big screen in the fall | Apple - CNET News
    04-27-2013 01:38 PM
294 ... 678910 ...