View Poll Results: Go bigger?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes go bigger

112 70.44%
  • No do not go bigger

47 29.56%
    I personally would purchase a iPhone with a 5" display in a heartbeat because I have piano fingers and have always appreciated larger phones. I have owned 3 Android devices and I loved (and actually miss) the large screens. I don't miss the bugginess associated with the Android software though so I won't be going back anytime soon.
    I love my iPhone 5. The ONLY thing I hate about it is the tiny screen. I met a lady the other day with a Galaxy Note and she says that she loves it. I was so jealous of the phones screen size.
    I wish Apple would give us more options though concerning the matter. Trust me if the GS3 can sell like hot cakes then most certainly a bigger screen iPhone can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-2013 01:39 PM
    Its already too big. The 4/4S is as big as it should've gone. The 5 is too big, as far as I am concerned. Not everyone has big hands or wants a big screen or phablet. If I wanted a phablet, I'd get an Android device.
    I have to disagree my friend. Jumping ship to android should not be our only option. What the people want is 'choice' and Apple needs to get on board with that. I would purchase a 4.5"-5" iPhone in a heartbeat. I personally feel that the iPhone 5 is a little small for my 6' 2" frame. I would like to see Apple release the iPhones in 2 different sizes to say the least.

Last edited by BeKure; 04-18-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    04-18-2013 01:56 PM
    I don't think it's as big a deal as most make it out to be. I agree the i5 is a great size and anything bigger would almost be like having a mini as ur phone. Plus, from all the adds on Craigslist and in our market place from people wanting to sell or trade their Note 2 for an iPhone 5, guess bigger isn't always better.
    Agree, have to friends now with big screens and they want to get rid of them , stateing their just to bulky and most of what they are watching on screen doesn't fill the full screen.
    04-18-2013 04:05 PM
    Agree, have to friends now with big screens and they want to get rid of them , stateing their just to bulky and most of what they are watching on screen doesn't fill the full screen.
    Yeah people need to take the time to think about what size device they want to toke around before spending a couple hundred dollars on a smartphone. Lesson learn by your friends I guess. It still doesn't hold any validity to the point that some people want bigger screens so it should at least be a option, therefore the iPhone should be released in 2 different sizes.
    I personally feel that my iPhone 5 is too small, but then again, I have very long fingers.
    I know a very petite woman who has a Galaxy Note and she loves it. She had a iPhone and didn't care for it. To each their own.
    I personally love my iPhone 5 but in hate the microscopic screen size.

Last edited by BeKure; 04-18-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    04-18-2013 04:17 PM
    Yeah people need to take the time to think about what size device they want to toke around before spending a couple hundred dollars on a smartphone. Lesson learn by your friends I guess. It still doesn't hold any validity to the point that some people want bigger screens so it should at least be a option, therefore the iPhone should be released in 2 different sizes.
    I personally feel that my iPhone 5 is too small, but then again, I'm 6:2" with long fingers.
    I know a very petite woman who has a Galaxy Note and she loves it. She had a iPhone and didn't care for it. To each their own.
    My issue is I can't see a small screen. I wish I could, but I can't. Even with my reading glasses on. I would prefer a smaller phone if I could read the screen, but I can't.
    04-18-2013 05:57 PM
    I personally feel that my iPhone 5 is too small, but then again, I'm 6:2" with long fingers.

Oh, I agree , people should have a choice, and for chance the 5s is bigger,I go with the 5 that will prob get the update. So ether way it's a win.
    04-18-2013 08:12 PM
    I have a BB Z10 as a work phone and I like the screen because of the width compared to my iPhone 5. I still use the 5 for everything non-work related but the z10 just fits my hand better even with it being "naked" and my 5 having a life proof case on it. I would like to see the iPhone increase in size maybe somewhere around 4.5 inches and dedicate the increase to width just because I have large hands and I'm getting old and blind lol. Anything 5 inches or more is just too much.
    04-19-2013 12:01 PM
    I have a BB Z10 as a work phone and I like the screen because of the width compared to my iPhone 5. I still use the 5 for everything non-work related but the z10 just fits my hand better even with it being "naked" and my 5 having a life proof case on it. I would like to see the iPhone increase in size maybe somewhere around 4.5 inches and dedicate the increase to width just because I have large hands and I'm getting old and blind lol. Anything 5 inches or more is just too much.
    Sorry William, but it's got to be at least 5" or bust! :-)

04-19-2013 12:58 PM
    A new product in the iPhone line definitely needs to emerge. I have an iPhone 4S but currently looking for alternatives because of battery life. They need to introduce a phablet device with a sizable battery and not their stupid arse guarantee of "8 hour battery" life to make it super thin.
    04-19-2013 01:04 PM
    Well, here's the thing for me. At first, the iPhone 5 felt a little awkward being taller. And I first I didn't like that it was wider for video watching purposes. But after a short, very short, while, I realized that 4 inch screen done the way Apple did it was a great choice. I really wish they had kept the iPhone 5 the same thickness as the iPhone 4/4S. I think that's what I missed most about my iPhone 4, more so than the 3.5 inch screen.

I understand many people want to go phablet. But most people do not. Apple doesn't need to make a 5 or 6 inch iPhone to please the minority. I honestly wouldn't buy one. I hate the size of the Galaxy S3, I absolute loathe the size of the Galaxy Note's, at that point it's no longer a phone and it's no longer easy to carry around. I think I could do 4.3 or 4.5 inch iPhone so long as some it went to width. I have small hands and type two handed on an iPhone even though it's the worst way to type on one and have a little more space, but not as much as landscape, would be ideal.

TL;DR: Apple innovates for the majority not the minority.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!
    04-19-2013 03:40 PM
    Well, here's the thing for me. At first, the iPhone 5 felt a little awkward being taller. And I first I didn't like that it was wider for video watching purposes. But after a short, very short, while, I realized that 4 inch screen done the way Apple did it was a great choice. I really wish they had kept the iPhone 5 the same thickness as the iPhone 4/4S. I think that's what I missed most about my iPhone 4, more so than the 3.5 inch screen.

I understand many people want to go phablet. But most people do not. Apple doesn't need to make a 5 or 6 inch iPhone to please the minority. I honestly wouldn't buy one. I hate the size of the Galaxy S3, I absolute loathe the size of the Galaxy Note's, at that point it's no longer a phone and it's no longer easy to carry around. I think I could do 4.3 or 4.5 inch iPhone so long as some it went to width. I have small hands and type two handed on an iPhone even though it's the worst way to type on one and have a little more space, but not as much as landscape, would be ideal.

I think that is what BlackBerry did with the Z10. The phone seems to be a great size.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-2013 04:08 PM

Im afraid that you are completely missing the point my friend. What the people want are 'options'. Good for you and your desire to carry around a kiddie sized phone but not all of us are smaller people with smaller hands. Some of us would rather toke around a larger device. The extra bulk in our pockets would be a worthy trade off for a 5" screen.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone 5 but the thing was seemingly designed with smurfs in mind. I hate the small screen and like I mentioned before, we should at least have the option to purchase a bigger Apple device.

04-19-2013 11:46 PM
    While reading my RSS feeds this morning, I ran across the below quote from Topeka analyst Brian White:
    Apple would “need” to launch an “iPhad” in the near future to keep up with Samsung.

Keep up with Samsung? Seriously? What if Apple indeed introduce an alleged iPhad or phablet phone and it does so well that it destroys Samsung, HTC, Motorola and the rest of its competitors? What then? Will Apple be vilified & accused of unfair business practices? Will it be accused of being a monopoly in regard to mobile devices? Will users who demanded that it create a phablet then demand that it change to being open source? On the flip side, what if the larger device end up being a flop? Will tech enthusiasts, reporters, analysts & bloggers accept blame for forcing Apple to create something it wasn't prepared or unwilling to create? What say you?

04-20-2013 12:28 PM
    While reading my RSS feeds this morning, I ran across the below quote from Topeka analyst Brian White:
    Apple would “need” to launch an “iPhad” in the near future to keep up with Samsung.

Keep up with Samsung? Seriously? What if Apple indeed introduce an alleged iPhad or phablet phone and it does so well that it destroys Samsung, HTC, Motorola and the rest of its competitors? What then? Will Apple be vilified & accused of unfair business practices? Will it be accused of being a monopoly in regard to mobile devices? Will users who demanded that it create a phablet then demand that it change to being open source? On the flip side, what if the larger device end up being a flop? Will tech enthusiasts, reporters, analysts & bloggers accept blame for forcing Apple to create something it wasn't prepared or unwilling to create? What say you?

If they created a phablet, game over for anyone else.

04-20-2013 12:30 PM
    Apple would need to launch an iPhad in the near future to keep up with Samsung.

Keep up with Samsung? Seriously? What if Apple does indeed introduce an alleged iPhad or phablet phone and it does so well that it destroys Samsung, HTC, Motorola and the rest of its competitors? What then? Will Apple be vilified & accused of unfair business practices? Will it be accused of being a monopoly in regard to mobile devices? Will users who demanded that it create a phablet then demand that it change to being open source? On the flip side, what if the larger device end up being a flop? Will tech enthusiasts, reporters, analysts & bloggers accept blame for forcing Apple to create something it was prepared or unwilling to create? What say you?

I doubt that if Apple released a phablet it would be a flop. Part of the reason the GS3 is selling like hotcakes is because there is in fact a market for bigger handhelds. I for one would snatch it up in a heartbeat. I personally think its silly that Apple most likely wont even announce a 5" handheld device come this June.
    Sorry but Steve Jobs was wrong when he said that no one wants a bigger phone...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/j...y-a-big-phone/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BeKure; 04-20-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    04-20-2013 12:35 PM
    If they created a phablet, game over for anyone else.

Wise words Dwayne, wise words...

04-20-2013 12:36 PM
    I'm with the go bigger minority here. I've owned the note and note 2 along with several other "big" androids, and it would be amazing if apple came out with a bigger iPhone. The people that say the note is so hard to carry around just need to take off the skinny jeans because I had no troubles carrying it in my pocket. It's time for apple to give people a choice. A normal sized iPhone and a bigger sized iPhone. If they come out with a bigger iPhone and you don't want it, don't get it. It's that easy.
    04-20-2013 12:56 PM
    I'm with the go bigger minority here. I've owned the note and note 2 along with several other "big" androids, and it would be amazing if apple came out with a bigger iPhone. The people that say the note is so hard to carry around just need to take off the skinny jeans because I had no troubles carrying it in my pocket. It's time for apple to give people a choice. A normal sized iPhone and a bigger sized iPhone. If they come out with a bigger iPhone and you don't want it, don't get it. It's that easy.
    Preach it please! I don't think I could have said it better myself.

Bl00dRunzC0ld likes this.
    04-20-2013 12:59 PM
    I prefer the current size but I wouldn't be upset with up to 4.3". I think the current phone with an iPad mini is perfect!!
    04-20-2013 02:39 PM
    Perfect size to me would be either 4.85" or 5"
    04-22-2013 01:04 PM
    For the people who demand that Apple make bigger iPhones, if you were a smartphone company that has had unprecedented success selling only one smartphone model, would you take take a risk and create several sizes of that phone to try to appease "everyone" or would you focus your attention on making hardware modifications and operating system improvements in an attempt to make your wildly successful device even better for a "majority" of the people?
    04-22-2013 01:18 PM
    For the people who demand that Apple make bigger iPhones, if you were a smartphone company that has had unprecedented success selling only one smartphone model, would you take take a risk and create several sizes of that phone to try to appease "everyone" or would you focus your attention on making hardware modifications and operating system improvements in an attempt to make your wildly successful device even better for a "majority" of the people?
    From a business perspective, there a several things you need to consider (market segmentation, supply chain, manufacturing, etc.). Bottom line is the bottom line; Apple will act in a manner that optimizes its profits. The only way you will get Apple to make changes is to stop buying their products. Until they see dramatic bottom line impact, they won't change the screen size.
    04-22-2013 02:05 PM
    From a business perspective, there a several things you need to consider (market segmentation, supply chain, manufacturing, etc.). Bottom line is the bottom line; Apple will act in a manner that optimizes its profits. The only way you will get Apple to make changes is to stop buying their products. Until they see dramatic bottom line impact, they won't change the screen size.
    Of course, there are specific things to take into consideration that would assist in the decision making process, however, some people are demanding that Apple create various sized iPhone without seemingly taking into consideration the things you mentioned even caring. Furthermore, some conclude that if Apple don't increase the size of the iPhone to that of its competitors, they are doomed and will suffer a fate like that of RIM/Blackberry.
    04-22-2013 02:15 PM
    It worked for the iPad Mini and that device is selling well from my understanding. My case in point...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-22-2013 05:48 PM
    It worked for the iPad Mini and that device is selling well from my understanding. My case in point...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The iPad Mini was a decrease in size and not an increase. Furthermore, it a great deal of people who purchased the iPad Mini purchased them for their small children and as a Apple version of a book reader. In no way am I saying that "everyone" purchased the Mini for those purposes because that would be untrue. Furthermore, the market for a smaller iPad to compete with the Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab and the like was ripe for it and made more sense, in my opinion. I am not convinced that the outcry for a phablet size iPhone is all that great. I could be wrong, though.
    04-22-2013 06:04 PM
294 ... 45678 ...