View Poll Results: Go bigger?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes go bigger

112 70.44%
  • No do not go bigger

47 29.56%
    After using an Iphone 5, Galaxy S3 and Blackberry Z10. I find that the Z10 screen size at 4.2" fits my hand perfectly. The S3 was too big for one handed use and the Iphone 5 seems a bit narrow for two handed typing... The 4.2" seems to be a great middle ground.
    05-25-2013 02:08 PM
    After the 4s, the iPhone 5 size is just perfect.
    kataran and dobermansrule like this.
    05-25-2013 08:01 PM
    being in the hospital with only the use of one arm the 5 is the perfect size and weight as I was using it laying flat on my back due to cracked ribs I have to say I dropped it more times than I can remember and had every nurse crawl under the bed to look for it but at least it never fell on my face

the iphone5 is perfect in my eyes
    06-01-2013 09:45 PM
    I eschewed the iP5 due to lack of a bigger screen. Having made that decision to go Android primarily for screen size, I got the biggest available at the time (Galaxy Note II). After 7 months with the beast, I really like it. My wife stayed with Apple and I got her an iP5 for xmas last year. Her constant complaint has been battery life since day 1 of ownership. I have used it a couple of times and almost can't type anymore on that keyboard due to it's relatively small size and lack of Swype ( I really, really love the GNII keyboard with Swype installed - so good). Please bear in mind that I owned 2 iPhones and am very much an Apple devotee (you can pry my Mac Book Air out of my cold, dead hands, etc.). The downside is that the GNII is HUGE. Have played around with the new GS4 at my local verizon store and love the form factor so far. Screen looks incredible, it is definitely a 1 handed phone and they have done a fantastic job of maximizing the screen real estate IMHO. I'm really hoping that Apple will move towards a larger format SOON - I miss the ecosystem and tight integration with my MBA/iPad/Outlook that I had previously. If there was a way to build a hybrid myself? I'd be there. But, for now, screen real estate and the joy of removable battery/removable storage media win out over OS and ecosystem right now. GNII lasts 1.5 - 2 days easily for me, wife can barely get home after work before heading for a charger. When you spend as much time in airports as I do, I need that reassurance of knowing I'm good to go no matter how long the flight gets delayed, etc. Plus Google Maps just rocks - best damned navigation system I've ever used. And it's native...........
    06-13-2013 03:45 PM
    I just saw in Fox News that apple is gonna come out with a 4.7" & 5.7" screen iPhones. Also a cheaper iPhone in different colors to help compete with android.

Tapped out from my 5
    06-13-2013 05:00 PM
    In my opinion, Apple was bring smart. They enlarged the iPhone while maintaining, for the most part at least, the ability to operate it with one hand. It isn't perfect, but it perfectly fit their goal at that time and millions upon millions bought it. Furthermore, if the next iPhone is built to your specification but was introduced & sold with iOS 6.1.4, would you still buy it? Would you be dissatisfied with the fact that OS was still basically the same?
    I've kind of become more accustomed to larger screens (always thought my iPhone was more than adequate), but yes. I would have been completely dissatisfied if they had enlarged the screen size and released it with iOS 6. I've told several people that iOS 7 should have been the OS that launched with the iPhone 5 as it makes it seem like a new device even with it being very similar to the iPhone 4/4S.

For me however, the iPhone 5 screen is large enough. If a larger phone comes out I may get it, but we'll see. I'm in no hurry to abandon the size just yet.
    06-13-2013 05:26 PM
    I've kind of become more accustomed to larger screens (always thought my iPhone was more than adequate), but yes. I would have been completely dissatisfied if they had enlarged the screen size and released it with iOS 6. I've told several people that iOS 7 should have been the OS that launched with the iPhone 5 as it makes it seem like a new device even with it being very similar to the iPhone 4/4S.

For me however, the iPhone 5 screen is large enough. If a larger phone comes out I may get it, but we'll see. I'm in no hurry to abandon the size just yet.
    I hear ya and am in agreement. I will have to see how the large iPhone looks before making a decision to forgo my iPhone 5. I will not get it for the sole reason of being a larger device.
    06-13-2013 05:31 PM
    I just saw in Fox News that apple is gonna come out with a 4.7" & 5.7" screen iPhones. Also a cheaper iPhone in different colors to help compete with android.

Tapped out from my 5
    I just read 3 articles today pertaining to this as well.

Apple reportedly considering a 5.7-inch iPhone

http://m.cnet.com.au/apple-reportedl...99.htm?redir=1

Apple building a $100 iPhone in a variety of colors, planning 5-inch iPhablets for next year

http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/13/reuter...for-next-year/

Apple Considering 4.7" and 5.7" Screens for 2014 iPhone Models, iPhone 5s and Low-Cost iPhone Due in September

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/13/...iphone-models/
    06-13-2013 06:02 PM
    While I would like to see a small bump in size (maybe 4.3"-4.5"), it's not a deal-breaker for me if they don't do it. And I don't want to see a bigger screen without some rework of iOS to accommodate it. No more navigation buttons at the top of the screen! They are already difficult to reach one-handed while maintaining a secure grip. Navigation buttons should be at the bottom, or a gesture-based navigation like webOS had.
    06-17-2013 10:06 AM
    I think 4.2-4.5" is the sweet spot for phones for me. Anything above that size becomes too much of an issue to use one-handed.
    06-17-2013 10:24 AM
    I would like a larger display but not too large. Maybe 4.3-4.5 is fine because it would result is a reasonable size for a smartphone to use with one hand. I don't need a 5 inch display. I had the GS4 and HTC One and I'm back on iPhone 5 and re-adjusting to the smaller display really hasn't been an issue for me. I think 4.3 would be a good spot for a new iphone display size.
    06-18-2013 02:41 PM
    How much bigger? That's the question. I would like a little more real estate, but not one of those mammoth Android screens.
    Not all androids have big screens. Some have 4.3 inch screens.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-18-2013 09:33 PM
    Not all androids have big screens. Some have 4.3 inch screens.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The trend is that higher-end Android phones have 4.7" screens or larger. The 4.3" phones are typically mid-range devices.
    06-18-2013 10:52 PM
    Seriously i consider switching to galaxy if new iphone is the same small size as i5
    06-23-2013 10:04 AM
    Seriously i consider switching to galaxy if new iphone is the same small size as i5
    Well then, time to start packing. Apple won't be building a larger phone this year, I would bet the farm on it. They will stick with the current (iPhone 5) form factor this fall.

Maybe it will happen in the future, but it won't happen this year.
    06-23-2013 10:23 AM
    I thought I would hate the new aspect ratio (I was fine with a larger iPhone but I wanted it to stay 4:3) but the more I used it, the more I liked it. I want my phone and my iPad to be separate devices, after all.
    06-23-2013 10:37 AM
    I'm a huge fan of 4" screen size phones. I been using the htc incredible 2 for more than 2 years already wishing and hoping for another quality 4" er from android. Looks like it's not going to happen. Despite this, I do agree that the taller iphone does look awkward. My droid has slimmer top and bottom borders so it feels like just the right size. Apple for the screen right, but they got the frame wrong. If they want to keep the 4.3 aspect ratio, there's nothing wrong with that. But imo, they've got to slim down the top n bottom.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 06-23-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    06-23-2013 11:23 AM
    I'm a huge fan of 4" screen size phones. I been using the htc incredible 2 for more than 2 years already wishing and hoping for another quality 4" er from android. Looks like it's not going to happen. Despite this, I do agree that the taller iphone does look awkward. My droid has slimmer top and bottom borders so it feels like just the right size. Apple for the screen right, but they got the frame wrong. If they want to keep the 4.3 aspect ratio, there's nothing wrong with that. But imo, they've got to slim down the top n bottom.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    Slimming down the top and bottom bezels is going to problematic for Apple due to the home button at the bottom.
    06-23-2013 01:10 PM
    Slimming down the top and bottom bezels is going to problematic for Apple due to the home button at the bottom.
    Yup... They would either have to go the s4 routine with a narrow home button, or eliminate it all together like blackberry did. And with rumors of a finger print reader, i don't see that happening.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    06-23-2013 01:24 PM
294 ... 101112