Showing how fast LTE downloads really are

saudre

Banned
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Can someone make a video of downloading an app of a web page with a really fast LTE connection. I'd like to see how apps download at 100mbps. I've looked for it on YouTube, but I haven't seen a connection that fast before.

I don't even know what that would look like.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I can say I am embarrassed at Verizon's LTE speeds in upstate NY, at my house I get 3-6Mbps down and .5-1.5Mbps up and I live in the country so I get the terrain excuses, and signal drops, weather, signal over water, etc., etc. Now downtown at my office the speeds are WORSE, we are talking maybe 2-4Mbps down. I keep reading how others see 30Mbps and 20-25Mbps so I don't know how they get those but so far Verizon's LTE is the same as AT&T HSPA+.

I actually look forward to getting HSPA+ at my house and HSPA+/LTE everywhere else on AT&T, I will take the simultaneous voice/data on another network now with the same speeds.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Or you could ask in a more truthful manner in saying that you want a video of a webpage loading on top LTE speeds vs. 3G/4G speeds and make a blanket statement about how they are not that different...which follows in line with your argument from the other thread you started talking about how 7mbps speeds are just as "useful" (for lack of better term) as LTE speeds of 50+mbps are.

The reality is, that is taking into account ONLY the data used in surfing the web on a phone screen...tethering speeds between the two are substantial, data sending speeds between the two are substantial (videos, pictures, audio files, normal data files, etc). LTE data speeds made the usefulness of my iPhone so infinitely better than what i experienced on the previous cellular data speeds that i could never go back to the old speeds and be satisfied. It would be like going from broad band internet to dial up...sure, you could visit some web pages satisfactorily with dial up, but broad band internet makes it look like ancient (See: useless) technology.

saudre

Banned
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I pick up my friend's LTE Android phones whenever I can. And what I've come to learn is that once you get past 25mbps, even if you have 100mbps, webpages don't load any faster.

jamesb93612

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Well I can say I am embarrassed at Verizon's LTE speeds in upstate NY, at my house I get 3-6Mbps down and .5-1.5Mbps up and I live in the country so I get the terrain excuses, and signal drops, weather, signal over water, etc., etc. Now downtown at my office the speeds are WORSE, we are talking maybe 2-4Mbps down. I keep reading how others see 30Mbps and 20-25Mbps so I don't know how they get those but so far Verizon's LTE is the same as AT&T HSPA+.

I actually look forward to getting HSPA+ at my house and HSPA+/LTE everywhere else on AT&T, I will take the simultaneous voice/data on another network now with the same speeds.

I was getting similar results and almost returned my VZW iPhone. The funny thing is that things loaded fast. Then I figured out that changing the server netted a more accurate result. I constantly get 15-40 Mbps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2