iPhone 5 lock button not working correctly

rpoli86

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Can only press the left side of the button. The middle and right side do nothing. It's very frustrating having to press one part of the lock button. If I bring it to Apple for a replacement does anyone know what version of iOS would come on the phone?

I have a Jailbreak and do not want 6.1.3. Thanks!

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol I feel you on that. Mine is messed up too, but I have been really busy with moving and haven't been able to go to the apple store.

Not sure what version you will get yet.

rpoli86

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The guy said the lock button not working is a common occurrence. Two of my friends are having this problem as well. The speaker was not as common but they replace phones for both issues.

rileyfletcher

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Why this always happen to me. I recently bought iPhone 5 like you said some of the buttons are not working correctly. Thank God! As soon as take to Apple store they replace with phone immediately. No problem with the new phone.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to my i5 I got launch day. Only the far left side of the phone would work. I was on 6.1.2 and jailbroken, so I just used an activator tweak to lock my screen. A friend swapped his phone at apple and got a 6.1.2 replacement, so I took my chances and took mine in. I got a 6.1.2 refurb. I have applecare + but since it was a standard warranty issue, it was a no charge replacement and applecare wasnt even needed. I asked, and my apple care + would carry onto the new device. If you have this issue and still want 6.1.2, I suggest going as quickly as possible for the best chance of getting a 6.1.2 refurb.

Note: you do not get a "new" phone. My friend kept saying new in box, but it was a refurb phone that came in a blank white box. No extra cables or another headset, just a refurb "new" one. I was happy with the refurb, since the apple lady said they replace the screen and battery for all refurbs. I have noticed a great improvement in battery life. My work is littered with deadspots, and is constantly searching for signal which drains the battery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox