Lock button issue

iPetem

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hiya

Got an issue with my lock button. It takes 2 or 3 pushes to get it to lock properly. I'm weary of lock button issues as my previous model (4) had a completely sunk button that I couldn't use. Now, will they replace my device? I got it at launch so its obviously under warranty.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I am sure Apple will replace the phone for you without any problems. Make an appointment and tell them the problem. I have had mine replaced for this issue.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to your local Apple store with an appointment at the Genius Bar and they should be more than willing to help you with this issue.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I have the same exact problem with my i5. I took it to Sprint and they set me up an appt at the Apple store on Saturday. I went and Apple was going to give me a brand new device on the spot but they were out of stock so I'm waiting for mine to come in so I can go pick it up. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364921105.634333.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

iPetem

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, a few things I'd like cleared up. IF they replace my device tomorrow, will it be on 6.1.3? If so, that means I can't jailbreak on that OS, yeah? Ok, so, would I be able to go from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 easily? If so, what tweak can I use to back up my current tweaks?

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Chase. Those steps were attempted by me and Apple but did not work so they're giving me a brand new device. Unfortunately they're out of stock of white 16gb and told me they're not allowed to give me a black one.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ive got the same issue. I have apple care + and everthing but right now my phone is jailbroken and I have a glas.tr screen protector on it so I dont want to swap for a new device just yet. The lock button still "works" but it doesnt always respond on the first try. I setup an activator tweak so when I tap and hold the top right of the screen (battery icon) it will lock. works well and I also have zephyr which allows me to swipe up from bottom of the screen to simulate home button press. I never had an issue with my blackberry lock buttons ever, and I used my last one for over a year. The i5 hasnt even been out a year yet.

shaolinfinest

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
my iPhone 5 started doing this about a month after I got it. I was not the only one this happened to, it happened to about 4 other people I know personally.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Any idea on apples stance on jail broken devices? If I do go in for a device swap, do I need to restore my phone to stock first?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine has started to develop some issue if i hit the button on the far right side of it, but in the middle and the left side of it it works fine. I only noticed this because i set an alarm yesterday during the day and grabbed my phone at a weird angle and tried to turn it off (as i was talking to someone) and it wouldn't initially. I'm not overly concerned with it but if it gets worse, I'll just hop down to the Apple store and get another one, lol.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm really starting to like what I'm reading about how they will just replace your device; is this standard or do you pay for an extra plan for this? The nearest apple store is 3 hours from me, but that would sure be better than handing it over to verizon if I had an android or BB device.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Standard for all Apple products for the first year, or if you buy an Apple Care plan, for the extent of time you keep it covered. They truly have the best customer service of any company i have ever dealt with in my life. As long as your phone is not physically damaged, they typically don't even really ask questions, you tell them whats up, they take a look at it and head to the back for a few minutes, come out and hand you your new device. Just make sure you make an appointment, lol...most of the stores are a complete zoo.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If your device is less than a year old and the problem wasn't caused by negligence. Ie water damage or obvious accidental damage. If its just a genuine fault then they will replace it at no cost. I had issues with my iPhone 5 and they swopped it with no hesitation. If the power button is becoming more of a pain to work then you can go into settings, accessibility and turn on assistive touch. That will allow you to lock you iPhone from the screen. Hope this helps.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
And since things are backed up in icloud/itunes you basically get your phone back without having to spend a day getting it back to where you want it?

amazing, never really thought about that part of the decision to go ip or not