I'm curious, because I'd like to try this myself. Has anyone ever done a full body housing replacement on their iPhone ?

I'd like to order like an all red housing for mine, but I'm afraid that the replacement process is going to be hard.

If anyone has had any experience with this please let me know. Also, I'd like to know where they bought their parts, if that's possible.

Thanks in advance!
    03-30-2013 01:38 PM
    Just do it Google search for "iPhone 5 teardown" and two of the first 3 hits should suffice.
    RomeyyRomeee likes this.
    03-30-2013 01:54 PM
    I'm curious, because I'd like to try this myself. Has anyone ever done a full body housing replacement on their iPhone ?

I'd like to order like an all red housing for mine, but I'm afraid that the replacement process is going to be hard.

If anyone has had any experience with this please let me know. Also, I'd like to know where they bought their parts, if that's possible.

Thanks in advance!
    If you go to the blog side of iMore at iMore.com | The #1 Site for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV owners and search or look through some of the articles past you might just find a company that one of our blog contributors specializes in doing just want you want and is a fantastic process just what you are looking for. Good luck and enjoy your weekend.
    RomeyyRomeee likes this.
    03-30-2013 02:04 PM
    The guy at sprint that convinced me to take a bite of for bitten fruit had a green iphone5 he sent his to a company and they took it apart and iodized it and put it back together. Man it was nice. My take is the aluminum back that's cut with no two alike so I was told cant be replaced easily or look as nice.

Not that I remember what mine looks like as I had the guy install the life proof water proof case on her
    03-30-2013 02:24 PM
    There should be some better color options other than black and white. Remember all those fish bowl Macs they had in rainbow colors? Something like that.
    03-30-2013 05:57 PM
    More color options are something that Apple usually keeps for their lower end products now. MacBook-white or black option, and the higher end MacBook Pro has no option, only silver. iPod Mini vs iPod, current iPod Touch vs. iPhone 5.
    I didn't know they did it that way. I guess it leaves room for the aftermarket companies to step in.
    03-30-2013 07:08 PM
    the iphone 5 doesnt have a back plate like the iphone 4/4s that is easily replaceable. In order to have an aftermarket "backplate" you need to replace the entire back / side casing on it. This can cause issues since the back housing also functions as the antenna. Id be worried about replacing a quality product with a cheapy 3rd party one that decreases my signal overall. Yes, there are companies that anodize your current hardware, but that costs hundreds of dollars. Not really worth it when you can just go to slickwraps or use a case anyways. I really liked the iphone 4/4s backplates that had a glowing apple logo, but its not worth a few hundred dollars to get one now with the 5.
    03-31-2013 11:28 AM
    If you're not familiar with completely disassembling a smart phone and putting it back together, it is not advisable.
    03-31-2013 11:33 AM