Convinced My Friend To Go With iPhone

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Over the last few weeks I have seriously considered getting the new Blackberry Z 10. I came so close that I had to refuse delivery this morning. This afternoon I received a text from a fiend on Android. He asked which phone I would recommend I immediately said iPhone 5. He is getting it tonight. I will tell him immediately about iMore!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: He decided on the iPhone.

Over the last few weeks I have seriously considered getting the new Blackberry Z 10. I came so close that I had to refuse delivery this morning. This afternoon I received a text from a fiend on Android. He asked which phone I would recommend I immediately said iPhone 5. He is getting it tonight. I will tell him immediately about iMore!

Send him on over. And good choice sticking with iPhone. You definitely don't want the Z10!

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: He decided on the iPhone.

Thank you for not only the advice on iPhone but telling him about signing up for iMore and the forums.
We all thank you at iMore and Mobile Nations.:)

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
You have your friend great advice on both the iPhone and iMore forums. I'm sure they will love them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ndaniel1

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm still trying to convince my girlfriend to go back to iPhone when her contract expires she is fed up of the keyboard on her blackberry bold.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Smart move I don't think Z10 would have been a good choice right now. Maybe the second iteration of it, and I'm sure your friend will be super excited about getting a new iPhone 5, and finding some new like minded friends here at iMore.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to convince my girlfriend to go back to iPhone when her contract expires she is fed up of the keyboard on her blackberry bold.

Blasphemy! Jk, but seriously, Blackberry keyboards are amazing and I had amazing accuracy on the Z10 I played with at a T-Mobile store.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Smart move I don't think Z10 would have been a good choice right now. Maybe the second iteration of it, and I'm sure your friend will be super excited about getting a new iPhone 5, and finding some new like minded friends here at iMore.

That's both true and false. You can already port Android apps onto it so the the apps aren't too limited at the moment, but it will be nice to see more apps come into Blackberry World. And also I'm sure developers are looking at how well it sells before adding more apps into the ecosystem. So it's a bit of a Catch-22 for Blackberry.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
OP, sorry to slightly hijack your thread. iPhone is a great phone and I love mine. iMore is a great community as is all of Mobile Nations. Be sure to also recommend the iMore app to your friend.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say you gave such great advice. You should have asked them what is most important to them in a smartphone. Do they want the apple environment and tons of apps? Do they want to be able to fully customize their device with homescreen tools and widgets and seamless Google integration? Do they want to stay in a Microsoft world with live tiles, full Office on the phone and Windows 8 interoperability? Or even possibly wait for the Q10 to come out with what will probably be the best physical keyboard ever for the fastest and most efficient communications? Pointing anyone that asks straight to an iPhone is not good advice. Help them evaluate their needs and help them understand why every platform has pros and cons.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say you gave such great advice. You should have asked them what is most important to them in a smartphone. Do they want the apple environment and tons of apps? Do they want to be able to fully customize their device with homescreen tools and widgets and seamless Google integration? Do they want to stay in a Microsoft world with live tiles, full Office on the phone and Windows 8 interoperability? Or even possibly wait for the Q10 to come out with what will probably be the best physical keyboard ever for the fastest and most efficient communications? Pointing anyone that asks straight to an iPhone is not good advice. Help them evaluate their needs and help them understand why every platform has pros and cons.

Why would you assume that the OP didn't consider any of these factors in their recommendation?

I regularly have friends ask for my recommendation on upgrading their phones. As I know my friends and their preferences I have some I would recommend iOS and some I would recommend other platforms. I suspect that the OP would be in a similar situation.

Just because its not spelled out in every detail for the sake of a long story short post doesn't mean that the OP is blindly pointing people in the wrong direction.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why would you assume that the OP didn't consider any of these factors in their recommendation?

I regularly have friends ask for my recommendation on upgrading their phones. As I know my friends and their preferences I have some I would recommend iOS and some I would recommend other platforms. I suspect that the OP would be in a similar situation.

Just because its not spelled out in every detail for the sake of a long story short post doesn't mean that the OP is blindly pointing people in the wrong direction.

The OPs quote specifically says that his friend asked him which phone he should get and he immediately suggested the iPhone 5...I'd say that pretty much clearly states that he didn't go through the paces of what you're suggesting he MAY have done without saying. Then there's the fact that it was done through text...which just adds more to the pretty assured situation that no discussion was really had with legitimate factoring.

shahid99

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Well iPhone 5 is a good device and also good advice to get it but I think it all comes to individual preference and the things u like your self better . In some cases iPhone is better and in some cases android and others in other cases. You should always check stuff out before buying it

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The OPs quote specifically says that his friend asked him which phone he should get and he immediately suggested the iPhone 5...I'd say that pretty much clearly states that he didn't go through the paces of what you're suggesting he MAY have done without saying. Then there's the fact that it was done through text...which just adds more to the pretty assured situation that no discussion was really had with legitimate factoring.

Perhaps. There are simply too many unknowns here since I am not the OP. However, the OP is here on iMore recommending an iPhone to friends. Why would the initial assumption be that they are handing out horrible, uneducated advice?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I also reread your thread and my original answer back to you thanking you for your recomendation still stands but in all the fray you never mentioned really what you have and what you are going ot get since you refused a BB Z10?? Can you clarify your situation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox