iPhone 5 or not....?!

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
And go against the crowd-sourced wisdom? Heresy!! :D

ooooo.... "crowd-sourced wisdom"... I think I just found an addition to my oxymoron list... :D

Nice. I love the "crowd-sourced wisdom" comment. I may actually hold onto that for application in other areas of my life. Very quote-able.
Back to the topic. I waited 3 months for the iP5, using the BB Torch the entire time...and I survived. I am glad I did cuz I love the iP5. It is hard to believe that there will be too many dramatic improvements to the iP5S so...I guess I will defer to seanHRCC. Get what you want.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice. I love the "crowd-sourced wisdom" comment. I may actually hold onto that for application in other areas of my life. Very quote-able.
Back to the topic. I waited 3 months for the iP5, using the BB Torch the entire time...and I survived. I am glad I did cuz I love the iP5. It is hard to believe that there will be too many dramatic improvements to the iP5S so...I guess I will defer to seanHRCC. Get what you want.

Wise advise.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Neurosis really lol. I'd still be "happy", but there is a certain feeling that you (I) only get when I know its the best possible. So typically with a my cycle is as such: get a phone at launch, spend the first year enjoying the feeling that you have the latest and greatest, and the second year still enjoying the phone, but waiting for the next one. Lately, I've broken that cycle and have used a lot of phones in the last 12 months, but I'm back to settling down.

So I, and perhaps the OP, may want to maximize the "latest and greatest" feeling. Thus, it makes sense to wait at this point

I knew what you were saying and was just messing with you...:D

CPStapes

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I would say it depends on how often you upgrade. Conventional wisdom would say if your phone works, wait. Of course, we all know convetional wisdom doesn't always rule where tech toys are concerned. If you upgrade each time you contract's up, or you don't think your phone will last a few more months, then it makes sense to upgrade now. However, if you are someone who keeps their phone a long time, you may want to consider waiting, since, if Apple keeps doing things the way they have, the 5 s will be good for a year longer than the 5. I would think if you have the cabbage, the 5 is worth it. I just got a 4 s and if I'd had the extra $100 available, i would've got a 5 for sure.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh Yeah, I'm also hoping that iOS 7 will bring some exciting new changes. So, when I upgrade, it really will be worthwhile. Just thought about that. Thought I might add it to the Thread. :)
Why not go to a store in your area (Carrier) that you are considering and play with the 4S and 5? You might go with all the recommendations you are getting here to go with the 5. I like 'D, he had a 4S and I still have a 4S and now as he indicated has a 5 and loves it. I only wish my upgrade was around the corner and I would get a 5 tomorrow but I have to wait until August. At that time if there is nothing else on the table I will go with the IP5 myself.

Buy the latest and what works for you and you will be happy. Have a good one.:)

Last edited:

iPhoneandJesusLover

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Why not go to a store in your area (Carrier) that you are considering and play with the 4S and 5? You might go with all the recommendations you are getting here to go with the 5. I like 'D he had and I still have a 4S and now as he indicated has a 5 and loves it. I only wish my upgrade was around the corner and I would get a 5 tomorrow but I have to wait until August. At that time if there is nothing else on the table I will go with the IP5 myself.

Buy the latest and what works for you and you will be happy. Have a good one.:)

Thanks for the response.
I've only seen the 5 a couple of times in the presence of my friends.
I think on the 12th I'm going to go to tmobile, and take a look at it.
Thanks for the advice.
Have a great evening!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response.
I've only seen the 5 a couple of times in the presence of my friends.
I think on the 12th I'm going to go to tmobile, and take a look at it.
Thanks for the advice.
Have a great evening!
Same to you and when you come home with that new IP5 please come back and start a thread letting us know how you like it. ;)

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
IMO at this point wait for the 5s. And that's not to keep up with the latest I just think your closer to the release of the 5s at this point wait for it that way your done for at least 2 years. The camera upgrade alone will be worth it.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
IMO at this point wait for the 5s. And that's not to keep up with the latest I just think your closer to the release of the 5s at this point wait for it that way your done for at least 2 years. The camera upgrade alone will be worth it.

If Apple releases the iOS7 beta in April than you should see the new 5s by end of summer.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I would personally say upgrade. Looking at Apple's track record the 5s or 6 shouldn't outclass the 5 iteration to much. It will more then likely be the same exact design, and you will receive the upgrade over OTA. So yea I would say definitely upgrade.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I would have waited for the 5S if it wasn't for the fact that my current phone was just barely usable. If this is your situation, then I would get the 5 now. Otherwise, I'd hold out for the 5S.

Posted by an Android Defector

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If you can hold on a bit longer I would say do it. Ip5 is nice don't get me wrong, but for the sake of a few months putting up with a not-that-old 4s I think you'd be better off in the long run :)

abaggy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm on TMo I'm jumping to the 5 (even though I currently have a 4S) since it allows me access to Tmo's HSPA+ network as well any of Tmo's refarmed 3G networks.

iPhoneandJesusLover

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello all again,
I decided to wait for the 5S, and get my current iPhone 4S activated on Tmobile.
I have great reception and pretty decent speeds as well. Also, the personal hotspot works well too!
Thanks for everybody's input and support!!!! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365975056.676808.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1365975065.539164.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1365975076.317490.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

serwan

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
the 5s might be release in july, September, october, or maybe sooner or later, there wont be enough different, if u can wait, wait for 5s if not go for 5 because it is a great phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner