Upgrade to iPhone 5

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of switching to the iPhone from Windows Phone. The issues I am having with WP8 are endless to say the least. Is there some sort of notification center on the lock screen for emails and such like in WP8?

I too am thinking of switching from Windows Phone. My brother and sister both have iPhones (4 and 4s). I've talked with them about notification (also I have an ipod touch 4, which is similar). I know you can set e-mail alerts to show on your lock screen. If you have alerts on your calendar/reminder list and set them to show on lock screen, they will show up on the lock screen. However, once you unlock the screen, the "next appointment" reminder will no longer show up on the lock screen. You need to reset your alert for your appointment/reminder to show up again as an alert on your lock screen (that is what my brother does for his important appointments) if you want it to show up again. The thing I would miss on the Windows lock screen for scheduled calendar alerts is the ability to put it on snooze right from the lock screen. Email alerts on lock screen for iOS did show the most recent 5 or so and who they were from (which I think is a nice feature on iOS).

Right now, I am feeling that iOS fits my needs more, although I might miss some features of Windows Phones. Unfortunately, I have to wait until June to upgrade (unless I want to buy off contract).

Last edited:

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Buying off contract is cheaper, by hundreds of dollars, than doing contracts. After I learned that simple math I would never do on contract again.

ashykat

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, the Z10! I know, I know. But I just got the Z10 and it blows the iphone away. I am not that big into apps, other than the ones I need. I'm also not a 13 year old who needs 100 useless apps. The Z10 is unbelievable. I like how I can catch a view of my notifications (emails, texts, fb, etc) without having to exit anything.

I like the Z10 a lot actually. Great, smooth UI, and I love the gestures. The only thing is, when you get a notification on the iPhone, you can just swipe down from the top to view them without exiting the app. Sure to reply to them you have to leave, but just a glance is still just as close. What the Z10 definitely does better though is multitasking. I love the active frames. Reminds me of my beloved webOS, god rest her heart.

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd highly recommend the 5, I'm considering getting the 5S when it is released

Sent from the Forbidden Fruit

When we bought the iPhone 4, it had been out for about a year. If I upgrade to the 5S when it is released is there a chance it may be buggy being a new device? I am not familiar with iPhone history when they release new devices, is it normally a smooth transition?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods