Whether Ive upgraded or down grade I am not sure, since I was long with BB (many years, you know when they had the wheel on the side) and then with android (for a few years, my thunderbolt finally died), now the IPhone 5. Actually so far so good after 2 days.
    I need help, what are you using to manage outlook emails? I was using touchdown, but it doesnt get very good reviews with IOS. What are us using besides the stock exchange?
    Thanks Bakerboy
    03-26-2013 09:11 PM
    Are you referring to Outlook.com emails? If so, I configure it via the Microsoft Exchange setup on my iPhone 5 and access it via the native mail app. Thus far, the native mail app has been sufficient for my needs.
    03-26-2013 10:34 PM
    Haven't used any apps for it. I did a little search and found this. Hope it helps... https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/outl...mUvbUpU2006477
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-26-2013 10:39 PM
    Thanks, yes i am looking for outlook exchange, not outlook.com
    03-27-2013 04:31 PM
    I'm just using stock. It works great!

Posted by an Android Defector
    04-08-2013 12:48 AM
    I'm just using stock. It works great!

Posted by an Android Defector
    Tell me how successful you are in:

1. setting your out of office in Outlook with the stock mail app
    2. checking your Outlook notes

The above is why I do NOT like the stock mail app for my exchange account. Unfortunately, I have no choice in the matter (work phone and setup), and consider it a downgrade from Touchdown for Android, which I was using before.

Edit: I'm assuming Touchdown for iOS also has these features, but I haven't used it so I cannot comment as such. Still silly that the stock mail (and/or notes) app does not have support for these features in the year 2013. No excuse for it.
    Last edited by mulasien; 04-08-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    04-08-2013 01:10 PM
    Haven't needed to do either one of those. If Touchdown meets your needs, them give it a go. Stock meets my needs.
    04-09-2013 08:20 AM
    “mulasien” I think you’re running into similar problems as I am
    Unfortunately “touchdown” on android was great and all the reviews on “touchdown” for IOS suck, so until there is a better app, not sure how to manage some things.
    04-10-2013 07:39 AM
    “mulasien” I think you’re running into similar problems as I am
    Unfortunately “touchdown” on android was great and all the reviews on “touchdown” for IOS suck, so until there is a better app, not sure how to manage some things.
    Well that's a bummer.

Unfortunately, our work zenprise server only allows the stock email setup, so my post was more venting at what I can no longer do, which I used to be able to. IMHO, Android's version of Touchdown is a model of how to do Exchange email "right".
    04-10-2013 12:07 PM
    Well that's a bummer.

Unfortunately, our work zenprise server only allows the stock email setup, so my post was more venting at what I can no longer do, which I used to be able to. IMHO, Android's version of Touchdown is a model of how to do Exchange email "right".
    I think this just highlights a glaring weakness of both iOS and Android; the stock email clients aren't as robust as they should be to handle enterprise.
    04-10-2013 09:11 PM