iPhone 5 weather location issues.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So,

I live on the central coast of NSW in Australia in a place called Woy Woy. I have no problems with cellular and get LTE also. What I've noticed is when I leave my house and my wifi connection my weather app seems to crap itself and stop working.

My iPhone 5 is jailbroken and my wife's isn't and the problem exists. Also I met up with a friend today with an iPhone 5 stock who also had tue same problem. It seems when you leave your home the cellular network fails and can't update. We went to my mums house and everybody there has iphone 4's and it seems to not affect their devices.

After reading a lot of forums it seems to be a common problem world wide and Apple don't seem to be sorting it. I have tried everything to fix the issue from turning on/off location, deleting all of my saved weather locations. Opening maps to get a location which works no probs. even opening yahoo weather and allowing location services.

I have no idea what to do next. I can fix 90% of problems on my phone but this one has me stumped. Hopefully Apple will sort something like this over some crappy impossible to remember lockscreen exploit as this affects Siri, NC and the stock weather app. Sure I can use a paid weather app but I shouldn't have to.

Is this affecting anybody else on iMore?
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1364029877.233229.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
My guess - it's a Yahoo issue.

I've never liked the stock weather app on iPhone and use other apps. They work fine for me.

My suggestion - try a 3rd party app... Pocket Weather AU seems to be a popular one.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I already use clear weather but find it quite annoying as I do actually rely on using Siri. Hopefully Apple will ditch Yahoo weather soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234