Could this be a new phone?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I got an insurance replacement from VZWs provider Assurion, since I hear & have now signed up with the other one offered now. Not thrilled about a refurb but Mama said could it be new since could there be many refurbs on such a new phone. WDYT?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Early on in a phone model's life cycle if an insurance claim is made through Assurion, they have no choice but to replace with a new phone... later on, as the phone model ages and refurbs are plentiful, that's what you get... and when a model is near "end of life" from the manufacturers and even refurbs are scarce - Assurion will provide a different model phone with as close to tech specs and features as possible to the original model phone when fulfilling a claim.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
99.9999% likelihood of being a refurb.

And by today's consumer electronics standards, the iPhone 5 is middle aged now lol!

Lol well there are a lot of 5s rumors! The 5 was so last year! There's a new co that is a bit cheaper in premiums, same deduct & you can get a new phone in store. I signed up today. Id do AppleCare but no theft & having had my camera stolen ( from my wrecked car the day after my kids bday party) & the way folks are swiping these things I went with the carrier offerings.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
If it was taken out of a box and returned it will be a refurbished device. Once a seal is broken it will never be considered new and goes back to Verizon to be certified and tested and sold or exchanged as a refurbished device.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine was sealed too! But was it just shrink wrapped and I can't remember when I bought mine but then again the rep put on my screen protector. I don't remember shrinkwrap.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711