iPhone 3GS to iPhone 5 or 5s

moeyouness

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I need help! I have an iPhone 3GS and I am upgrading in June what do you think I should get the iPhone 5 or wait till September for the iPhone 5s or do you think I should get the SGS4 or the HTC One. Plz help by the way it is going to be bought unlocked. Thx in advance.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
It really comes down to personal preference, and what works best for you. The iPhone 5 is a fantastic device and would be a massive upgrade from your 3GS. Rumors are floating that the 5S will come out soon - perhaps as early as June/July - but September/October at the very latest. If you can hang on a couple of extra months you'll get the bigger screen of the i5 and latest iOS, but with some improved hardware.

Without playing favorites or admitting bias, the best thing you can do is get your hands on a phone running the latest version of Android Jelly Bean and see how you like it. If it suits you better than iOS, then look at the hardware: compare the GS4 and HTC One, as they seem to be the best Android phones out there. If you're a fan of iOS then don't waste your time, just figure out how long you can wait, then get either the 5 or 5S.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Pick the one that works best for you...you came to an iPhone website, most of us are going to suggest the iPhone 5 or waiting for the new generation (whatever it's called, whenever it comes out). There's literally nothing we can say that will matter more than you actually going and using the phones and picking the one that works best for what you ask for it...making these threads redundantly moot.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It does come down to personal choice. Hey My upgrade was August of 2011 and did not pull the trigger on the 4S until December of that year and now I will be ready for upgrade this August and i am going to sit back and watch what happens.

For your question for June choose what is best for you at that time. The best thing in coming here to this forum is you have about 3 months to jump into the threads and post and ask questions. By your upgrade date you should be ready to make an informed decision and pull the trigger. Best of luck.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
If your upgrade is in June, and you don't absolutely need a new phone that day, then wait as long as you can. There will always be something you coming out, but Apple has historically released new iPhones between summer and fall, so if you can wait you might get a little bit more for your money.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I would not buy an iP5 in June, by then we should have a pretty good idea of what's coming next from Apple (minimally an iP5S) and since obviously you hang on to your phones for a few years you're going to want the best iPhone you can get. A couple more months will be worth it in the long run, and the iP5 will likely be cheaper when the iP5S comes out...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234