Sync between iphone and itunes

amit85

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi. I have an iphone 5 and it was perfectly syncing with itunes on my laptop. Two days back i purchased a new laptop and downloaded latest version of itunes in it. After that i synced it with my iphone. The iphone correctly backed up on the itunes in the new laptop. However, now when i purchase new apps from appstore through itunes on my laptop, the apps don't get transferred to iphone when i try to sync the phone with itunes.

In the itunes, on the app page (which appears when i connect phone with itunes) i have clicked on the option "automatically download new apps". Still from itunes app are not going to iphone. Similarly when i updated exisitng apps via itunes, the updates to apps are now going to iphone when i sync it.

please suggest solution to my problem.

Thanks for help.

Amit

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I have an iphone 5 and it was perfectly syncing with itunes on my laptop. Two days back i purchased a new laptop and downloaded latest version of itunes in it. After that i synced it with my iphone. The iphone correctly backed up on the itunes in the new laptop. However, now when i purchase new apps from appstore through itunes on my laptop, the apps don't get transferred to iphone when i try to sync the phone with itunes.

In the itunes, on the app page (which appears when i connect phone with itunes) i have clicked on the option "automatically download new apps". Still from itunes app are not going to iphone. Similarly when i updated exisitng apps via itunes, the updates to apps are now going to iphone when i sync it.

please suggest solution to my problem.

Thanks for help.

Amit
Right now I am only going to make this assumption based on your post. Are you downloading all new updated into iTunes? I am going to take that as a YES. Once you do that do you then click on your iPhone that appears as your device and select apps and then hit your sync button? That is what is going to tranfer to the newly updated apps to your phone in I believe 7 steps including a backup first. If you are doing this there is no reason for things to not work as they should. Post back and let us know. Have a great day. Enjoy your new phone.

amit85

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Dear Jaguar,
Thanks for replying. This is what happened.
1. I bought new laptop. Downloaded itunes in laptop and then connected my iphone with it.
2. As soon as i connected the phone with laptop, a back up of the phone was taken by itunes.
3. Then i right clicked on the phone icon which appears in itunes and selected transfer purchases. As a result all the apps from iphone got transfered to itunes.
4. After that itunes checked updates for the apps and said you have 10 updates available for apps.
5. I downloaded all updates and also purchased 2 new apps through itunes on my laptop.
6. Now when i sync iphone with itunes now, the updates and the 2 new apps which are in itunes are not going to iphone.
7. I tried clicking apps section which appears in the itunes inder iphone with "summary, info, apps, tones, music etc". In apps i also clicked/ unclicked Automatically install new apps. Still nothing seems to be working.
8. Whenever i sync it takes back up and then says checking for new apps but then does not syncs.
9. One unusual thing i noticed is that my phone is having 1.2 gb free space but when ever i click on sync it starts showing free space as 122 MB. Thought there is 1.2 gb free space available.

Please help.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Dear Jaguar,
Thanks for replying. This is what happened.
1. I bought new laptop. Downloaded itunes in laptop and then connected my iphone with it.
2. As soon as i connected the phone with laptop, a back up of the phone was taken by itunes.
3. Then i right clicked on the phone icon which appears in itunes and selected transfer purchases. As a result all the apps from iphone got transfered to itunes.
4. After that itunes checked updates for the apps and said you have 10 updates available for apps.
5. I downloaded all updates and also purchased 2 new apps through itunes on my laptop.
6. Now when i sync iphone with itunes now, the updates and the 2 new apps which are in itunes are not going to iphone.
7. I tried clicking apps section which appears in the itunes inder iphone with "summary, info, apps, tones, music etc". In apps i also clicked/ unclicked Automatically install new apps. Still nothing seems to be working.
8. Whenever i sync it takes back up and then says checking for new apps but then does not syncs.
9. One unusual thing i noticed is that my phone is having 1.2 gb free space but when ever i click on sync it starts showing free space as 122 MB. Thought there is 1.2 gb free space available.

Please help.

I appreciate you proving the detailed information and I have to say that you have done everything I would have done and also do every time I update my apps. I go to the apps I have downloaded to iTunes, click to check updates and download any available. I then click or highlight my iPhone under devices which then allos me to see my apps on the phone once I select apps at the top and then click "SYNC" and it does the rest and of course it removes the old apps and throws then in my trash bin.

Now having said that there is one more thing to check the sometimes I have noticed happen to me. In your list of installed apps make sure those apps that were just updated have a check mark next to them or they will not install on your phone. That might be what is going on as I sometimes catch 1 or 2 that are unchecked in the main list of apps in iTunes when you have your phone pulled up to see what apps are on your phone panels.

Please let us know what happens. ;)