Cobra IRadar

moomps

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a Cobra IRadar device? I have a question about the bluetooth connection. The device connects to the IPhone with Bluetooth to an app. This logs info and displays other information. My question is - can you usae normal Bluetooth headset devices while the Bluetooth is connected to the radar device also? Or can you not use a Bluetooth headset while connected to the radar?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a Cobra IRadar device? I have a question about the bluetooth connection. The device connects to the IPhone with Bluetooth to an app. This logs info and displays other information. My question is - can you usae normal Bluetooth headset devices while the Bluetooth is connected to the radar device also? Or can you not use a Bluetooth headset while connected to the radar?

I'm not aware of any bluetooth devices that can connect to multiple devices simultaneously. I'm not saying there aren't any, but I'm simply unaware of them. Anyway, I would suspect that if the BT headset has the right capabilities, it should be able to do what you want, but again, I'm unaware of any that can do it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If it uses BT 4.0 then yes you can. I connect my BT headset to my iPhone while the BT 4.0 heart rate monitor logs my workout.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a Plantronics Bluetooth headset that can be paired to two phones at the same time... but only take a call on one, or the other... not both at once.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of any bluetooth devices that can connect to multiple devices simultaneously. I'm not saying there aren't any, but I'm simply unaware of them. Anyway, I would suspect that if the BT headset has the right capabilities, it should be able to do what you want, but again, I'm unaware of any that can do it.

I think it can do this, sort-of. Since I discovered that the Belkin BT adapter I have plugged into my car's stereo, while good for music, sucks for phone calls, I experimented with using two BT devices simultaneously. I was able to successfully connect my Plantronics headset and the Belkin to the iPhone at the same time and switch between them. At least in the Music and Phone apps. When at least one BT device is connected, those apps have an audio device selection control.

So give it a try, it just might work.

moomps

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
OK - now I'm impressed! I decided to go out and buy the IRadar device - I'm a real gadget freak.... I have a jailbroke iPhone 5 and I bluetooth connected the iRadar device to my phone. It connected perfectly so I turned on my Bose earpiece and it connected too. I can have the iRadar device on and make calls with my bluetooth earpiece too. What more could I ask? Thanks for all the responses!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711