Potentially making the switch from Andriod to IOS but....

Shaner

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I am a die hard Andriod fan (GS3 owner), but recently my wife and vertually every other family member has purchased an Iphone combined with the exceptional service from our local apple store I am thinking of taking th eplunge. I know the differences between the two OS types but not sure how Itunes will handle multiple accounts on one laptop for music, calendar, contacts etc. From what I can see everythign pretty much is synched through itunes. Not that I am try to keep anything form the widey but I don't need a combined photo album, contacts or calendar entries etc.... Or am I mistaken? :confused:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As long as you each have your own iCloud account, everything will be separate. Just use the same iTunes account so that you don't have to buy the same apps multiple times.

Shaner

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
As long as you each have your own iCloud account, everything will be separate. Just use the same iTunes account so that you don't have to buy the same apps multiple times.

Ahh Okay that makes sense. Thank you , one other question, I would make my Icloud account through Itunes or on phone? does it matter? I am new to the "cloud" thing. Well the apple version anyway.

CashiPhone

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I am a die hard Andriod fan (GS3 owner), but recently my wife and vertually every other family member has purchased an Iphone combined with the exceptional service from our local apple store I am thinking of taking th eplunge. I know the differences between the two OS types but not sure how Itunes will handle multiple accounts on one laptop for music, calendar, contacts etc. From what I can see everythign pretty much is synched through itunes. Not that I am try to keep anything form the widey but I don't need a combined photo album, contacts or calendar entries etc.... Or am I mistaken? :confused:

Yes, probably the best thing about apple is the local stores they have that offer the warranties.

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Everyone wants to make the switch. I counted four different threads on this in one week. Lol I too have been thinking about it

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
again, long time listener first time caller, but i have the sg3 and have been debating on making the switch to VZW as my carrier US Cellular doesn't have the iphone. The problem is that if I should switch now to the i5 or wait until end of August with the potential drop of the i5s? hmmmmm

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

You only need iTunes for media. If you already sync your contacts and calenders with Google/Outlook.com/Yahoo/etc you can just sign into those accounts directly on the iPhone. An iCloud account is also not required.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I was a DROID X user and then went to Iphone 4. I then converted to the GS3 and had that for about 6 months and then went back to Iphone and got the 5. I like the 5 for many reasons particularly because its stable, great on battery life and there are more accessories available for it. I liked the GS3 for its customizability and less rigid OS. The issue with iTunes is to make sure that each person has a unique login and that will allow you to keep the accounts separated.

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I just made the switch from android back to iPhone, and I'm happier.

As for iTunes. I set up my phone using same iCloud account as my old iPhone 3GS, but set my 5 up as a separate device and manually choose what I want to sync to it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk