Any new news on the T-Mobile iPhone ???

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if there is any new news on the upcoming TM iPhone,,,,, release date, ip5 or ip5s, or any other new info ???

Cheers
Davyo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
According to THIS article, you will have to pay full price for the device that is rumored for a possible summer release.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Trust me, there won't be a shortage of coverage if Tmobile ever decides to carry the iPhone...you'll be able to look on the home page of any tech website and it'll be a headline.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's still rated as highly unlikely in my book. TMo is doing their best to stay alive with their current offerings. I don't see them being able to take in the debt required to offer the iPhone, even with the possibility to make big off of it. They have so much trouble already with customer nonpayment and selling existing stock. Anything's a possibility, though.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's still rated as highly unlikely in my book. TMo is doing their best to stay alive with their current offerings. I don't see them being able to take in the debt required to offer the iPhone, even with the possibility to make big off of it. They have so much trouble already with customer nonpayment and selling existing stock. Anything's a possibility, though.

I hear you, and I'm not sure that their FCC approved merger with MetroPCS will benefit them especially being that the shareholders have yet to vote their approval. But as you've stated, anything is possible.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Any recent model iPhone with an UNLOCKED sim slot and a compatible cellphone radio for T-Mo's frequencies can be used on T-Mobile.

It is unlikely that T-Mobile will become a reseller of iPhones OEMed by apple for T-Mobile.... never say never... but right now, not likely. If it ever comes to pass, iMore will report on it.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Any recent model iPhone with an UNLOCKED sim slot and a compatible cellphone radio for T-Mo's frequencies can be used on T-Mobile.

It is unlikely that T-Mobile will become a reseller of iPhones OEMed by apple for T-Mobile.... never say never... but right now, not likely. If it ever comes to pass, iMore will report on it.

It was my understanding that the iPhones compatable with TM were VZ and ATT but neither of them are fully 100% compatible with TM ?

As far as TM never selling a iphone made by Apple for TM, I thought that was exactly the deal they signed a few months ago,,,,, for TM to start selling un-subsidized TM iPhones,,,,,, iPhones made by Apple specifically for, and sold by TM, as well as TM branded iphones being sold by Apple.

Also,,, I read that TM emailed all their employees/stores of a vacation blackout at the end of March thru the first week or more of April,,,,, a vacation blackout is typically only done by a carrier during the launch of a really big product,,,, so I'm guessing a TM iphone or the new Galaxy S4,,,, but Samsung does not typically bring a phone to market so quickly after an unveiling (March 14th).

Cheers
Davyo

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think 'dose' was a typo for 'does.'

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

laugh.gif

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Go to Apple, buy an unlocked one and enjoy it on T-Mobile.

That was my original thought but I was under the impression that an unlocked iphone 5 won't be able to take full advantage of TM's 4G LTE as it won't be 100% compatible with TM's frequencies now being switched on nationwide,,,,, all thou here in Vegas the switch has already been flipped.

Cheers
Davyo

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
That was my original thought but I was under the impression that an unlocked iphone 5 won't be able to take full advantage of TM's 4G LTE as it won't be 100% compatible with TM's frequencies now being switched on nationwide,,,,, all thou here in Vegas the switch has already been flipped.

Cheers
Davyo

Your understanding is correct. But if you want the full 4G experience, you'll have to switch from TMobile to a carrier that has service that supports the iPhone.

osofast240sx

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Not true I was getting 3G on my iPhone 4 with an average of 5mbs (3G). Now that I switched to the iPhone 5 I'm getting an average of 10mps(3G+/4G). This is all on tmobile. For $99 I have two lines with unlimited talk, text and unthrottled data, plus an unlimited personal hotspot. Tmobile will be turning on their LTE towers on March 26 2013.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Not true I was getting 3G on my iPhone 4 with an average of 5mbs (3G). Now that I switched to the iPhone 5 I'm getting an average of 10mps(3G+/4G). This is all on tmobile. For $99 I have two lines with unlimited talk, text and unthrottled data, plus an unlimited personal hotspot. Tmobile will be turning on their LTE towers on March 26 2013.

That's not the Internet speeds we are talking about. You can probably get up to 14 Mbps with an unlocked iPhone 5 on TMobile. But we are talking about 4G LTE. You won't get that unlocked on the TMo LTE bands. True 4G speeds are up between 20-40 Mbps. If they are looking for true 4G, then switching to Verizon or AT&T will be the better option.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
My tmobile source told me I will get LTE on my unlocked iPhone 5. They even changed my APN to Fast.T-Mobile.com from the old epc.tmobile.com.

Some LTE will be accessible, some will not. It's all about the different LTE frequencies that are covered. The iPhone software and hardware is set up to cover certain frequencies. Some of the TMobile LTE will be in that range, some will not. It'll be hit it miss. If you want true LTE, get a real carrier.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox