If you want true LTE, get a real carrier.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    03-23-2013 05:34 PM
    It still baffles me nTelos got the iPhone 5 before T-Mo.
    03-24-2013 04:41 PM
    lol! I guess this kind of shows the OP what we meant when we said Tmobiles announcement would be hard to miss...
    kch50428 likes this.
    03-26-2013 12:10 PM
    I'm stunned that they actually got it. But not surprised that its expensive. $580 for what you can get for $199 on the real American carriers.

03-26-2013 12:22 PM
    I'm stunned that they actually got it. But not surprised that its expensive. $580 for what you can get for $199 on the real American carriers.
    You're still paying the same price for the iPhone in the end (or is it out the end...) you're paying AT&T/Verizon a higher monthly fee for your service for them to recoup the subsidy... T-Mobile is simply breaking out the costs and making it visible what you're paying for the phone over 2 years... Imagine if AT&T or Verizon dropped your monthly fee by $30/month, and gave you a separate line-item for installment payments on your hardware...
    Fausty82 likes this.
    03-26-2013 12:25 PM
    You're still paying the same price for the iPhone in the end (or is it out the end...) you're paying AT&T/Verizon a higher monthly fee for your service for them to recoup the subsidy... T-Mobile is simply breaking out the costs and making it visible what you're paying for the phone over 2 years...
    But you have to figure in coverage and network reliability. I like getting consistent coverage and speeds of over 20 Mbps on my iPhone.

03-26-2013 12:27 PM
    But you have to figure in coverage and network reliability. I like getting consistent coverage and speeds of over 20 Mbps on my iPhone.
    And?? There are places in the country where T-Mobile is better, or certainly no worse than Verizon or AT&T. Location...Location...Location.
    03-26-2013 12:33 PM
    And?? There are places in the country where T-Mobile is better, or certainly no worse than Verizon or AT&T. Location...Location...Location.
    Very few. I've used T-Mobile phones in various places around the Southeast. Worst coverage I've experienced by far. People have to remember that you get what you pay for. This is especially true with wireless carriers.

03-26-2013 12:36 PM
    Very few. I've used T-Mobile phones in various places around the Southeast. Worst coverage I've experienced by far. People have to remember that you get what you pay for. This is especially true with wireless carriers.
    Your experiences are not universal truths. Nor are mine. There are people who are perfectly satisfied with their T-Mobile service and will be even happier when they can get iPhones beginning April 12th.
    jclisenby likes this.
    03-26-2013 12:42 PM
    lol...how is Tmobile not a "real" American carrier? We arn't talking Boost Mobile here. And the iPhone is the same price every where you go, it's all in the approach...the end result is a mirror.

Reliable service wise, unless you live in the sticks, Tmobile is a fine service provider.
    03-26-2013 01:48 PM
    It has now been confirmed that if you purchase the device from T-Mobile and do not stay for the 24 months, you must either return the phone to them or pay the remaining price to keep it. So, it's basically still a contract.

03-26-2013 01:49 PM
    It has now been confirmed that if you purchase the device from T-Mobile and do not stay for the 24 months, you must either return the phone to them or pay the remaining price to keep it. So, it's basically still a contract.
    The "contract" is for the purchase of the device on installment and not tied to cellphone service...
    03-26-2013 01:58 PM
    The "contract" is for the purchase of the device on installment and not tied to cellphone service...
    Right. But you can't just get the phone and no service contract like many seemed to think. Unless you keep the phone for 24 months of service, it must be returned to them or purchased for the higher price. It's an interesting and confusing strategy.

I have just confirmed this today. If I wanted to purchase the device and take it overseas, it's required to pay full retail or keep the phone for 24 months on T-Mobile.

03-26-2013 02:02 PM

You obviously haven't experienced Sprint.
    03-26-2013 02:06 PM
    Whatever people think of Tmo's coverage or the way they're handling subsidies/no subsidies
    and contracts/no contracts, it gives the consumer another choice. I'd rather have that than
    when the only option for an iPhone in the U.S.A. was AT&T and nothing else.
    kch50428, Just_Me_D and Jaguarr40 like this.
    03-26-2013 02:08 PM
    You obviously haven't experienced Sprint.
    I hear that. I have not used T-mobile here in North Carolina, but in Orlando, its service was very reliable. Sprint was reliable for the most part, but its data service was slow.
    03-26-2013 02:12 PM
    Right. But you can't just get the phone and no service contract like many seemed to think. Unless you keep the phone for 24 months of service, it must be returned to them or purchased for the higher price. It's an interesting and confusing strategy.

I have just confirmed this today. If I wanted to purchase the device and take it overseas, it's required to pay full retail or keep the phone for 24 months on T-Mobile.
    Your cell service is month to month... if you end service, you either pay off the remaining balance on the hardware, or give the hardware back... you're not obligated to pay for 24 months of cell service. The only obligation is on the hardware.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    03-26-2013 02:18 PM
    Your cell service is month to month... if you end service, you either pay off the remaining balance on the hardware, or give the hardware back... you're not obligated to pay for 24 months of cell service. The only obligation is on the hardware.
    Exactly. So it's a lot like other carriers, just a slightly different strategy. You're not tied into a service contract, but you can't keep the phone without either paying retail or keeping the contract.

03-26-2013 02:21 PM
    As the OP of this thread I'm kinda surprised some of you are surprised that TM will start selling a TM iphone,,,,, even last week a reply to my thread was ,,,,,,,,"It is unlikely that T-Mobile will become a reseller of iPhones OEMed by apple for T-Mobile.... never say never... but right now, not likely. If it ever comes to pass, iMore will report on it "

The deal signed between Apple and TM was back in Dec 2012 and was big news back then, the only information missing was a release date.

Cheers
    Davyo
    03-26-2013 02:44 PM
    Yeah, I thought it to be unlikely... yet here we are - it came to pass... I did also say 'never say never'...

More info on issues discussed above... from Endgadget:
    ...what happens if users buy an "Uncarrier" phone and then cancel service. As it turns out, a purchased T-Mobile iPhone must be bought out, but users also have the option of continuing to make monthly payments or trading it in for another device. When trading it in, T-Mobile will provide "fair market credit" for the phone.
    Gizmodo hands-on with a T-Mobile iPhone
    03-26-2013 02:51 PM
    It's 20 months of financing,,, NOT 24 months.

Cheers
    Davyo
    03-26-2013 08:52 PM
    T-Mobile is taking over the world.
    04-02-2013 09:09 PM
    T-Mobile is taking over the world.
    Hardly....

The real thing to look out for is a rumored deal in the works for AT&T to hook up with Vodafone... and for Verizon Communications to take over Voda's stake in Verizon Wireless and own that in full.
    jclisenby likes this.
    04-02-2013 09:13 PM
    I guess you don't know as much as you think. T-Mobile is taking over the world. I love T-Mobile.
    Vinny

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    04-03-2013 10:15 AM
60 123