My iPhone 5 is Displaying "Could not activate cellular data network". Please Help.

sammygooglewp7

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
So starting last week my iphone was giving me a message stating "Could not activate cellular data network". I have tried everything to fix this but nothing works (I.E. restoring). Also my lock button only works a quarter of the time. I have had my phone since december and have never had problems. PLEASE HELP!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
re: My iPhone 5 is Displaying "Could not activate cellular data network". Please Help.

Sounds like a 'refer to qualified service personnel' type issue - An appointment with an Apple GeniusBar should address the issue.

sammygooglewp7

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
re: My iPhone 5 is Displaying "Could not activate cellular data network". Please Help.

Thanks so much. I have done that. Do you think that they will replace it?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

If it's not working when you take it in, likely they will replace. Or if their testing determines it's warranted, they will replace.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

For the network issue, it might also be worth just calling your carrier and have them reset your network at their end.

tarun mehta

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site

The same thing happened with. All I did was call the customer care and tell them my phone's IMEI number(as I recently changed my phone)

it was fixed on the spot.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Now I know there are people who simply don't have any access to an Apple store outside of mail in service...but if you have an Apple store within an hours drive of you, make the commute instead of desperately trying to search the internet to try and figure out what's causing your device to act weird. You have a warranty, and you've read enough stories on here and other Apple device related forums and blogs to understand that iPhone's, for the most part, do not have these naggy problems you're experiencing.

The iPhone isn't perfect, but there are no real issues that would cause problems on any frequency that are not widely reported online, and even there...the basic function of the iPhone is rarely the victim (it's usually something stupid like a button wearing out over a years time and causing intermittent issues).

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Here is something that might work;
Settings > Carrier > flip off "automatic" > select your carrier.

Derek Lane

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever figure out the problem? It happened to my phone just today and i got mine in December (or when it was release day for iphn5) The thing is i cant even call anyone because this is my only phone... Anything update would be greatly appriciated.

sammygooglewp7

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I did a dfu restore. It fixed the problem. If it doesn't then take to the nearest Apple store. Even if its not covered Apple will probably help you out. Good Luck!!!!

hugoholman

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem with my Iphone 5s.The problem is that there are carrier specific settings that do not populate on your iphone.

You need to go to Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Network and update the field that reads "APN". You need to contact your local carrier to tell you what that field needs to show. Or you can check that info from another Apple device that uses Cellular Data.

I went to my local carrier yesterday, and they fixed it in 2 minutes.

This happens because sometimes the phone updates this field automatically and sometimes it doesnt.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative