Screen Response Issues on my iPhone 5

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Intermittently the screen will not responded to my touch.

For example I go to tap an icon and it acts like it is frozen or I tap into the message box to pop up the keyboard and it will not respond.

It is a very intermittent thing, but does happen a couple times per month.

I do have a Best Skins Ever screen protector on, but if I recall correctly, I had to issue ever when it was not on.

Anyone else have this issue?

I do not know if it's worth getting a Genius Bar appointment as I have no real evidence or way to back up what I claim.

Thanks,

David.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Re: Screen Response Issue?

By any chance did you jailbreak your device? Have you tried resetting it by holding the home button down along with the power button? There is a possibility it is the screen protector but it's a very slim chance. Worst case you can try a restore to new phone if all else fails.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Screen Response Issue?

By any chance did you jailbreak your device? Have you tried resetting it by holding the home button down along with the power button? There is a possibility it is the screen protector but it's a very slim chance. Worst case you can try a restore to new phone if all else fails.

No to the jailbreak and yes I have tried resetting it.

Thanks

dnalevelc

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I had that issue last week. I took my phone in for a replacement and I've not had any issues since. The phone was jailbroken and I reset it twice and each time I still had the issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No to the jailbreak and yes I have tried resetting it.

Thanks

How long have you had your device? Is it under warranty? How often do you completely close out the list of recently used apps?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh