I had the same issue, the known wifi network kept disconnecting every time I shut the screen down. What I did was when asked to connect to the wifi network I tapped other, wrote the same exact Network as the one that was always disconnecting, it took me to the next page where to choose the security then I went back rewrote the password and left the button unchecked for when it asks you to join network. That did it. There is nothing that states to forget network like there is in most every other phone I have. To forget my wifi network I went to settings, general, reset, (reset network settings). This erases all wifi settings so you can rewrite them. This is what I did and it worked. Hope this helps you because it sucked having to rewrite that damn password every time I opened the phone.
    05-26-2013 01:31 AM
    Having just bought an Iphone 5s, and moving over from android, I have spent the better part of 2 days trying to figure out differences. This is one of the questions I have yet to find an answer to this question. I am a technician, so I'm not helpless in these things, and several of the solutions to other "issues" I have managed figure out because of the direction pointed in the previous solutions. but this one is not "available" in any manner that I can figure out and it may be due to IOS 7.1.2. I have a wireless router at home, and a mobile hotspot I use at work. The Iphone will auto connect to the last Wifi it used, but to go from home to work I must go to Wifi and select the other Wifi by pressing "connect". I did not have to do this with my android. I am the only one who set these Wifi networks, and there is no security on them other than password and WPA2. (update: in the third day it seems to have started autoconnecting without being prompted....)
    Last edited by David Maples; 07-21-2014 at 02:58 AM. Reason: updated
    07-20-2014 09:56 AM
    ok.

As I described (and demonstrated with a screen cap!) it doesn't. So it's not me not liking the answers. It is answers not addressing the issue and instead telling me that Apple knows best.

Again, nonsense. If my phone didn't auto-connect to any network, then blaming the phone would've been plausible explanation. If no device could auto-connect to my work network, then blaming network would've been a plausible explanation. But when Android phones and Windows computers auto-connect just fine, and the iphones/ipads don't, it is either Apple's fault, or Apple's control issue (again crApple's fault!), which requires a tweak. If there isn't one, then there isn't one. That's fine. But don't treat me like I'm a moron or tell me that the issue doesn't exist because I happened to bring this up first.

I'm sure that he knows alot more about iOS than I do, LOL. I wish I known nothing of it -- this is my first and last iPhone, and I have to say, it is the biggest disappointment ever as far as tech purchases go. I really regret I bought into the hype.
    09-13-2016 09:55 PM
    When wifi strength is low , it does not auto connect
    09-13-2016 09:56 PM
    My iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 looses Wifi every couple Hours.
    Even when it is AC Powered without Standby (Display always on).
    Now my last hope was Insomnia but also there Wifi goes Offline after ~6 Hrs and never comes back until i initialize it manually (lock/unlock it).

So where is "THE APP" which checks if Wifi is on and when it detects that Wifi is off it automatically reenables it?
    If Apple isnt able to do this, we need an app to do it.

Fresh iOS, Pango jailbreaked, Insomnia and WhatsApp+Linphone running all the time.
    07-11-2017 04:07 PM
30 12