Galaxy S4 and Note 3 Leave 5S in the Dust????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
very well put D :) also just to add, the point you made about getting people to differentiate between what best or best for them, if a lot more people took the time to look at this point of view I honestly think there would also be ALOT less bashing of platforms too.
Thank you, my friend, and you're probably right.

lmao !! Oh D, I tell ya' I'm right there with ya. I also really want the 5 badly too, but with the next iPhone coming out just about around the corner, I'm trying my best to keep my patience too:D I feel your pain:p LOL
Girl, I'm afraid that if I go inside another Verizon Store, I'll cave and walk out with the 5. I'm for real, my friend. I was having withdrawals when I got home...(laughing)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
[/COLOR]Thank you, my friend, and you're probably right.

Girl, I'm afraid that if I go inside another Verizon Store, I'll cave and walk out with the 5. I'm for real, my friend. I was having withdrawals when I got home...(laughing)

HaHaHa !! I understand- a few of my in laws upgraded to the 5 between Christmas & now....and I tell you, every time we all get together I wanna snag their device & not give it back:p LOL

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Could be. Samsung has many more features than the 5. But the main difference between the 2 in my opinion is whether you want to:

1. Constantly mess with the phone
2. Deal with the Operating System constantly crashing
3. Always have to charge the phone.
4. Others

I have chosen the 5 after owning the S3 and Iphone 4 because I was tired of dealing with the constant battery drain, modifying the phone daily, turning off background updates and an unstable operating system. I just want a phone that works when I want it work and does not require constant attention and the 5 and Iphone 4 never disappointed.

Not sure where you get off claiming Android OS constant crashes when I have owned plenty of Android, iOS and WIndowsPhone devices and NONE of them have crashed on me ever. no lockups, no failures. I have in fact had more issues with my prior MacBook Pro than I have with any Windows machine at work. Blue screen of death vs Apple's Grey Screen of Death, the one in several languages telling you to reboot, or the beach ball spinning endlessly. Yeah I have had those. I have been a proud Mac user for over a decade, and I can and will use any OS and hardware to get the job done.

Lets run down your comments as well.
#1 Constantly mess with your phone. I have a GS3 its stock 4.1.2 and it runs without issue and I don't have to mess with it. I can however root it, and get lots and lots of custom features if I choose.
#2 Deal with an OS that crashes, well as I noted above mine has never crashed and with 2GB of RAM I never find myself having to turn apps off to get the job done.
#3 Always have to charge my GS3. Well I have owned an iP4, iP4S and iP5 and I can say the battery life has gotten progressively worse with each generation and with the lack of removeable battery I have to keep a cable on me for charging at work or in the car.
#4 Others????? Not sure what this is but I think you meant Etc., etc., etc.

Now I can say all that I have and still be happy with the phone I have. Due to the nature of my work and the apps that Cisco offers on iOS I have chosen to get a new iPad and iP5 not because Android is lacking, but because the tools I need to accomplish my work are more readily available on iOS and that is what I need for now. I still have to contend with poor battery life so I will likely get a Mophie Juice Pack which I don't care for given the bulk and unattractive nature of them. But extra battery life is critical to my daily needs.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
From what I can tell if Apple rolled out a 4.5-5" iPhone people would buy it and and buy it in droves it would break all sales records just like the last phone, blah, blah, blah. People are buying the brand not the device itself so I don't feel the screen size or lack there of is the real issue. Apple should drop the BS they spew out everyday about how they research the screen size to find the right one. Its BS, Jobs claimed 7" tablets were DOA. Then they saw how much money they weren't getting so they came up with one. Then iOS fanboy/girls claimed that Apple invented something new and magical and simply changed their minds. Yes they did, they snapped their necks back and saw the cash they were losing. Now they are seeing how much less iPad margin they are making with the iPad mini cannibalizing the iPad full size's sales.

I don't care if they changed their minds, came up with some odd size or whatever they want to claim. What I expect is a shred of honesty and not acting like consumers are idiot's which we are certainly not. I am buying the hardware I want, need and have chosen to get, I won't worry if the iPad 5 comes out in a month or 6 months. I need a specific resource now and in 2 years I will swap it out then.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
A bigger iphone is inevitable. But I'm sure Apple had it mapped out when they decided to change aspect ratio and run with the iphone 5 slightly modified for a couple of years. I'd be surprised if the iphone 6 or a different branded iphone isn't closer to 5" next year at double the current resolution.

It still comes down to picking the OS first (well, carrier really but who cares these days). I'm firmly in the iOS ecosystem. Android does some things well though and I'd definitely look at a Nexus if I had any plans to leave iOS. The Samsung phones though? Umm..no. One would thing the reasons were obvious given all the bloatware on those. Have to credit Samsung's marketing.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
From what I can tell if Apple rolled out a 4.5-5" iPhone people would buy it and and buy it in droves it would break all sales records just like the last phone, blah, blah, blah. People are buying the brand not the device itself so I don't feel the screen size or lack there of is the real issue. Apple should drop the BS they spew out everyday about how they research the screen size to find the right one. Its BS, Jobs claimed 7" tablets were DOA. Then they saw how much money they weren't getting so they came up with one. Then iOS fanboy/girls claimed that Apple invented something new and magical and simply changed their minds. Yes they did, they snapped their necks back and saw the cash they were losing. Now they are seeing how much less iPad margin they are making with the iPad mini cannibalizing the iPad full size's sales.

I don't care if they changed their minds, came up with some odd size or whatever they want to claim. What I expect is a shred of honesty and not acting like consumers are idiot's which we are certainly not. I am buying the hardware I want, need and have chosen to get, I won't worry if the iPad 5 comes out in a month or 6 months. I need a specific resource now and in 2 years I will swap it out then.

You can call BS all you want, Apple increased the size of the iPhone in a non-conforming and unorthodox way, and did it just enough to be noticeable, but not enough to really effect the experience of the phone. That is Apple's way, it WAS innovative, they were able to increase usable area on the phone without diverting away from what made the iPhone's size preferable in the first place.

And the iPad Mini isn't cannibalizing the regular iPad's sales because of the size...it's doing it because it's new and has some better features.

You WANT it to be some kind of conspiracy...why? Does it make a difference whether Apple says they are researching screen sizes for optimal usage specs or straight up telling people they were buying into the "larger screen" hype? I personally don't think it was conforming, but i could be wrong...just as you could be...who cares? It happened.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Note is way too big for me for a phone and way too small for a tablet. The iPad mini is better for me than the Note. Bigger screen and real tablet apps, and it fits in a jacket pocket.

You can throw features and specs at anything. It's what PC makers have been doing for years.

For me, the ability for a Manufacturer to say no, is far more important than the ability for them to say yes. I want coparent device, focused strategy, and a lot of polish.

I'm happy these other devices exist. I'm happy companies are experimenting. I just don't have the energy to be the subject of their experimentations anymore.

Apple is fairly conservative. But what they do often is very polished. That's what I've learned to value now.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Of course you could care less. Which is why you dug around for the only potentially negative piece of news you could find within an hour of the phone's preview launch instead of posting about the dozens and dozens of upgrades and innovations. :)

Just posting an interesting quote…

I could really care less about what phone other people use. I would prefer that everyone make an informed decision for themselves which means hearing both pros and cons.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I take it you are now poised to launch into the new features, innovations and upgrades of the S4, as part of your "pros".....

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Of course you could care less. Which is why you dug around for the only potentially negative piece of news you could find within an hour of the phone's preview launch instead of posting about the dozens and dozens of upgrades and innovations. :)

I couldn't care less as my indifference is infinite. And I saw the same article Karen mentioned with no digging involved whatsoever. If you're not pleased by things you read here, might I suggest Android Central.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
You may, and I have been reading through the threads there. Of course, when someone says the pros and cons should be discussed while only listing the cons and not the pros I call hypocrisy.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You may, and I have been reading through the threads there. Of course, when someone says the pros and cons should be discussed while only listing the cons and not the pros I call hypocrisy.
If the calibre of discourse here is so displeasing to you there's always Android Central.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
What do we say again?!?!? It's not about specs!!! Put a Ferrari engine in a Ford Taurus and its gonna run like crap. Putting these super fast processors into the slow and bloated Android OS don't make a bit of difference. iPhone doesn't need these fancy processors to outperform the competition.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Completely true. Hardware specs mean squat (in terms of processor, etc). The mere fact that iOS runs smoother on "inferior hardware" than Android does on any "Superphone" made by HTC, Samsung, etc proves that. It's all about optimization. You don't need an 8 core processor to run iOS........

Where hardware DOES matter is in the camera, and display.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
A ferrari vs. a taurus? Uh, no, delusional comparison. BTW, Ford owns the luxury brand Jaguar, and Jaguars have actually IMPROVED under the Ford banner!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
A ferrari vs. a taurus? Uh, no, delusional comparison. BTW, Ford owns the luxury brand Jaguar, and Jaguars have actually IMPROVED under the Ford banner!

Ford hasn't owned Jaguar for about 5 years champ...and no, Ford was not a positive influence on the brand, in fact, their cars have substantially improved since the sale in 2008, and resale value has moved more in line with the other european luxury brands. His/her comparison may have been delusional (in your opinion), but at least it wasn't flat out inaccurate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal