Galaxy S4 and Note 3 Leave 5S in the Dust????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Since there's no iPhone 5s the premise here is flawed.

I was at the Samsung event last night and briefly used the GS4. It's a great phone, an iteratively better GS3 which was already a great phone.

But quantity of new features is not quality nor coherence. (And man do they need to hire a UI team badly.)

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Ford hasn't owned Jaguar for about 5 years champ...and no, Ford was not a positive influence on the brand, in fact, their cars have substantially improved since the sale in 2008, and resale value has moved more in line with the other european luxury brands. His/her comparison may have been delusional (in your opinion), but at least it wasn't flat out inaccurate...

You're both wrong.

Jaguar DID improve drastically under Ford ownership, especially in terms of quality, anybody who thinks otherwise simply doesn't know squat about the car industry.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You're both wrong.

Jaguar DID improve drastically under Ford ownership, especially in terms of quality, anybody who thinks otherwise simply doesn't know squat about the car industry.

Actually, I'm not wrong...not in the slightest. Ford's ownership of the company cheapened the brand, and while it improved sales of the cars (by bringing more models to the US market and asian markets) and by lowering the cost of production (but slapping ford motors and other parts all over the vehicles during manufacturing), they did not have a positive influence on the brand, they just made the sale increase. The brand itself staggered with resale values, customer satisfaction, reliability (though Jaguars past reliability was sketchy at best BEFORE Ford, so i don't know that it made that big of a difference negatively if at all).

Ford took Jaguar and saved them from death by making their cars more readily available and cheaper to make...these two things do not go hand in hand with positive movement of the brand, and since the selling in 2008, Jaguar is returning to it's heyday...inside production, higher quality parts and processes, and a more memorable experience with luxury and performance.

I'm a car nut...I spend a pretty ridiculous chunk of my time just reading and talking about them, so before you come in and call someone wrong, think about what you're saying first. Improvement comes from a SUBSTANTIALLY wider spectrum than just sales figures, which Ford was successful at, but at the expense of diminishing the brand itself a bit. People were very afraid of this when it came to VW's control of Porsche, but so far, all it's really done is brought the idea of more accessible brand, which is a good thing.

And i apologize for derailing the thread...but the car talk is infinitely more interesting than the almost moot discussion about the GS4 and a yet to be previewed new iPhone.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No, android/droid phones suck

Perhaps you could tell us all which Android phones you have owned and have had hands on experience with,,,,, to make your "sucks" statement it's only fair that you have knowledge of a product your slamming.

I have owned both Apple and Android and personally don't think either sucks,,,, they are both great,,,,, I loved my iphone 5 and am currently lovin my Note 2 (the Note 2 is made by Samsung), but I'm sure you must know that as you seem to be so knowledgable about phones,,,, right ????

Davyo

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
How anyone wants to compare a device that is not even out yet with one that has been on the market for almost a year now is beyond me. And when the Galaxy S 4 does come out sites will be comparing them. It's pretty laughable, of course a new device will have better specs but does that mean it's a better device? Nope.

And to those who say Android phones have better specs in general, it doesn't really matter when the software is not as polished. Good example is my Nexus 4 - with the latest and greatest hardware and Android software can and will lag at certain times. I can't even make my iPhone 5 lag if I tried and why is that? SOFTWARE.

*And I love my Nexus devices.

I've seen force closed apps in iOS and lag before bro wp also.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
When you're done "messing" with us, are you going to go back to AC and crow about how you "bested" us??

I'm a member of crackberry also seeing as I've used all the platforms. But on topic though im really feelin the 1.9 quad core and the added features. And since jb the smoothness factor is gone IMO.

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
As opposed to the other phones that have a non-existant UI for the processes iTunes does? Gotcha...I'll take iTunes over nothing.

:screwy: that itune bs slowed down multiple PCs I owned. Not to mention every iOS user I know hates it also. I won't allow anybody to install it on any of my future PCs ever again.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Apple shares up $11 dollars... Seems Wall Street is not impressed with S4.

To be quite frank, neither am I.

Samsung have adopted the throw sh$t at the wall and hope it sticks approach. Good luck to them.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
:screwy: that itune bs slowed down multiple PCs I owned. Not to mention every iOS user I know hates it also. I won't allow anybody to install it on any of my future PCs ever again.

At the same time you've experienced that, I've experienced the opposite...everyone i know has been pleased with the simplicity of the program, had no problems with it.

And the experience on my macbook is flawless, but i don't expect anything less than that...it's how all of my Apple products have been 99.9999% of the time.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Mellimel22, your turn..

popcorn.gif

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Apple shares up $11 dollars... Seems Wall Street is not impressed with S4.

To be quite frank, neither am I.

Samsung have adopted the throw sh$t at the wall and hope it sticks approach. Good luck to them.

To be fair, Wall Street hasn't been all that impressed with Apple either. Apple stock down more than 35% since their high in September. An $11 surge is chicken feed compared to all that has been lost over the last 6 months.

Sent from somewhere

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
why does it seem most android owners have a chip on their shoulder? lol

Because most of the ones that post on here do...the normal android phone owners stick with what they love, they don't come over to stir the pot because they don't care about the iPhone or the users and what they like/dislike. It's a lot like most of us here, i know myself, i don't waste my time going over to the android websites because i don't give a sh*t about them...seems like a waste of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro