Is this REALLY the most active forums on the net about iOS stuff?
    It is one of the most active forums in regard to Apple products.
    That's what imore advertises it as but even on the week end only about four topics are commented on or bumped up and in those topics only about 2-3 responses are added?
    That depends on the topic as well as what people are doing/feeling at that time. Furthermore, people get tired of responding to the same stuff at times.
    I'm not trolling but with the millions upon million of iPhone 5s out there it's hard for me to believe and I know not everyone who owns one will post on a forum but still makes me scratch my head.
    You've got to remember that Apple's core customers, a large part of whom purchased the iPhone 5, aren't really the type of people who hang out in forums so with that in mind, it is not surprising that the millions upon million of iPhone 5 owners aren't here or on any other forum posting comments about it. Know what I mean? ...
    bradenfontaine and kch50428 like this.
    02-25-2013 10:55 AM
    Is this REALLY the most active forums on the net about iOS stuff? That's what imore advertises it as but even on the week end only about four topics are commented on or bumped up and in those topics only about 2-3 responses are added? I'm not trolling but with the millions upon million of iPhone 5s out there it's hard for me to believe and I know not everyone who owns one will post on a forum but still makes me scratch my head.
    from my novice experience, the less complaints on a popular forum, the better. from what i can tell i don't really see many (if any) genuine wide spread issues...
    02-25-2013 06:27 PM
    (Rubbing chin).... Good points good points. I guess because iOS is not all that customizable is another reason perhaps ppl don't have many questions. I was just use to crack berrys for years. But I do miss the active forum culture that comes with more customizable phones(yet more crash prone phones).
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    02-25-2013 06:52 PM
    i've noticed this myself actually.
    It's the amount you care about the phone. you can keep an iPhone 5 the same way you'd keep your blackberry. toss it on the carpet/bed, no screen protector, just a pouch or something.
    But it kills you inside to do that, until and unless you really dont care. it's all about the way you treat your phone. afterall having an iphone, is something worth showing off no?
    02-26-2013 11:13 AM
    (Rubbing chin).... Good points good points. I guess because iOS is not all that customizable is another reason perhaps ppl don't have many questions. I was just use to crack berrys for years. But I do miss the active forum culture that comes with more customizable phones(yet more crash prone phones).
    The real action is in the subforum for jailbreaking. That is where the true phone geeks are hashing it out, talking tweaks, modifications, etc. Over here in the mainstream iphone 5 forum most of the noteworthy items have already been likely covered to the max in the 5 months the phone has been out.
    02-26-2013 12:08 PM
    Lets stay on topic guys. Nobody wants to have to sift through posts that have nothing to do with the topic the OP created.
    02-26-2013 04:13 PM
    Anything made of metal or plastic will scratch over time. Everyday use will do that. Whether its friction from a hand, pocket, purse, holster, whatever. The scratches are part of the life and legacy. Sure, some users may scratch theirs quicker and some materials may scratch quicker. But that's the trade off. The metal of the iPhone is overall stronger and more durable than plastic, it just scratches more easily. If you're that against scratching, get a case.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    02-26-2013 04:46 PM
    The hard thing for me is that I want to go naked. The phone is really beautiful and thin. It just feels nice in the hand. But I don't want to see it scuffed up. I also want to be able to sell it for top dollar when the time comes to sell it. So I have to put a case on it. Between my wife and my kids, my phone can be broken in no time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    02-27-2013 06:59 AM
    I'm severely OCD so any mark or scuff would set me off. I mean on my phone, laptop, car, etc. They are all in pristine condition. The last time I scratched my 19" rims, car modder, I almost cried. So every iPhone I have had were the same. I have always slapped a defender case on them and it has actually saved them a bunch of times. The iPhone 5 was so thin and light the Defender case was too bulky and heavy. So I got a Lifeproof case not for the waterproof aspect but because it offered the protection while remaining slim and light. The thing I'm now realizing is that I usually skip one gen and then sell my iPhone to buy the next. So although it is pristine it doesn't really get me alot of money because it is two models old. So the next iPhone I get I'm getting Applecare+ and putting the Zagg body armor so I can use it naked but yet keep it pristine and have protection from a broken screen.

Where I work there are different models of iPhone and although the glass looked great the fact that many people unlike us use their phones named means a lot are carelessly broken and everyone expects Apple to replace it. So the aluminum case has the benefit of making it lighter, thinner and stopping the returns because of broken backplates.
    02-27-2013 07:37 AM
    I'm severely OCD so any mark or scuff would set me off. I mean on my phone, laptop, car, etc. They are all in pristine condition. The last time I scratched my 19" rims, car modder, I almost cried. So every iPhone I have had were the same. I have always slapped a defender case on them and it has actually saved them a bunch of times. The iPhone 5 was so thin and light the Defender case was too bulky and heavy. So I got a Lifeproof case not for the waterproof aspect but because it offered the protection while remaining slim and light. The thing I'm now realizing is that I usually skip one gen and then sell my iPhone to buy the next. So although it is pristine it doesn't really get me alot of money because it is two models old. So the next iPhone I get I'm getting Applecare+ and putting the Zagg body armor so I can use it naked but yet keep it pristine and have protection from a broken screen.

Where I work there are different models of iPhone and although the glass looked great the fact that many people unlike us use their phones named means a lot are carelessly broken and everyone expects Apple to replace it. So the aluminum case has the benefit of making it lighter, thinner and stopping the returns because of broken backplates.
    Do you like the Defender case?

02-27-2013 07:49 AM

I'm the same way with scratches and scuffs. If it were to happen I'd get a new phone so I completely understand. I use a pouch case for all of my phones and both are in pristine like new condition.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    02-27-2013 09:45 AM
    Do you like the Defender case?

I like it, I have one I just prefer the Lifeproof because it is thinner and keeps the lightness of the phone while still giving me protection.
    02-27-2013 05:23 PM
    I kinda like the silver poking through, like a nice old worn camera. Mines got dings but I stopped worrying about my phone a while ago. I've got bigger things to focus on.
    02-28-2013 01:15 AM
    Says the apple apologist fanboy. If your iphone broke in half, you'd say, 'gosh, it's just a minor nick. Still works great though!' Delusion FTW!

I've had mine for about half of the time naked and the other half of the time with a cheap $5 radio shack clear case (just to prevent scuffing from sitting on tables and desks and in cup holders)...I've banged mine around and hit things accidentally, even dropped it a couple of times without the case on it and it's been fine, the only little mark i noticed was on the Apple itself on the back, and it's like hairline and you have to really stare at it to pick it out.

Not to say your situation didn't happen exactly as you described...and not to go against the idea that the iPhone this go around is more fragile than normal, but a small little tap on a plastic monitor housing isn't normally going to yield the scenario you described, and the fragility of the phone, at least to me, is a non-issue, as it would be with any high end smart phone, there is a certain amount of care one should approach it with anyways.
    02-28-2013 11:08 PM
    Says the apple apologist fanboy. If your iphone broke in half, you'd say, 'gosh, it's just a minor nick. Still works great though!' Delusion FTW!
    I'd tell you to **** off, but seeing as you're a Fandroid, you probably do that yourself anyways.

/roid ragin'

03-01-2013 04:15 AM
    And that is when we know a thread has run its course.

**Closed**
    Exxod likes this.
    03-01-2013 06:25 AM
41 12