Wifi won't connect

Eric6151

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
When I try to join either of my daughters Wi-Fi networks it says unable to access. They both worked when I had my iPhone4, now with the new 5 I cannot connect to their Wi-Fi's.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Try Resetting Network Settings from Settings > General > Reset.

If that doesn't do it, this Apple doc might be able to help ya out -> iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The network reset as suggested by John will require you to add the network and supply a password if required for any previously used wifi connections...

Another thing to try before resorting to the reset - is to reboot the wifi hotspot(s) if you have control over them to be able to do that... or try putting the phone in Airplane mode for 30 seconds to force the phone to renegotiate connections when airplane mode is turned off.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I try to join either of my daughters Wi-Fi networks it says unable to access. They both worked when I had my iPhone4, now with the new 5 I cannot connect to their Wi-Fi's.

If you have controlled access enabled via your wireless router, either disable it or add your iPhone 5 to the list of allowed devices.

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Trying to figure this one out too. Did the settings reset, turned airplane settings on and off, the phone itself off and on, forgot the home wi-fi and re-entered it, tried configuring the router settings. At best I got a minute on the wi-fi before it would pooch out again. The 3G works fine, probably because I have to pay for it lol but if I'm already paying for in home wireless, it would be nice if it worked. My $69 android phone worked better as far as this issue is concerned.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner