Battery dying too quickly?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
No issues here. I have been listening to a pod cast, and playing temple run 2 both for about 15 minutes and I am still at 100%

I will do a full day usage run today.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Here's mine since updating last night and this wasn't even a complete charge.

u4ege5ud.jpg

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind all of this could be construed as misrepresentation. If one person is providing a screenshot of his/her usage, but is running their phone at full brightness, while surfing the net and watching youtube for majority of his usage, on a weak 3G signal..........of course the stats are going to look worse that the other person who keeps their screen as dim as possible, while streaming music for majority of his usage (which keeps the screen low to off), on wifi all day.

With so little accompanying information in threads like this, it makes it nearly impossible to accurately tell if someone is seeing "adequate" battery life or not.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup Brightness, some many applications, push vs fetch. Wifi and non WiFi can all be different..The list can go on and on....

When ever in doubt head into Apple and have the device checked out. other then that use it and top it off when needed

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Almost a day on my iPhone 5 with my regular usage. This is amazing compared to what I was getting on the betas. However I decided that to truly test the battery life I was going to do a fresh reload of iOS 6.1. So if you are really frustrated with the battery life. Then download the iOS 6.1 ipsw and in iTunes do a Option+Restore(Mac), Shift+Restore(Windows). This will do a fresh reload instead of an upgrade. Then when it asks if you want to restore from the backup choose setup as new. It's a pain to redo all your settings I know but then you will be sure that some corruption is not messing up the OS. Then if after that your battery life still sucks take it in to the Apple store.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1359474188.599498.jpg

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
It's still really early into my usage with iOS 6.1 but so far it seems to be slightly better. I was getting good battery life on 6.0.1 and skipped 6.0.2 from hearing so much about battery issues.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Idk maybe it is just me. But is anyone noticing rapid battery drain in 6.1?

Not me. Thus far, it is on par with the way it was prior to the update. If you're noticing a big problem with it, re-install iOS 6.1 via iTunes.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Battery for me since the update has been amazing. The drain is almost 1/3 slower than I was on the previous OS. I'm liking 6.1 a lot.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you go on to Wifi at all through out the day? If it's out there, I suggest you jump on it. That should help a bit.
I noticed on the on picture you posted nt long ago. You had three bars, does it change often? High or Low.

Low signal will work the radio harder using the device and even when idle.

Yep. Restored set up has new, removed everything in location services. Killed all the apps in the background. Got two replacement iPhones.
And STILL BAD BATTERY LIFE

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you go on to Wifi at all through out the day? If it's out there, I suggest you jump on it. That should help a bit.
I noticed on the on picture you posted nt long ago. You had three bars, does it change often? High or Low.

This!

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I live in an area with bad reception. Has soon as I get out of the house my reception increases. I make sure everything is off like Wi Fi Bluetooth, personal hotspot etc.
I'm never really on Wi Fi only when I get home for a few minutes after work then pass out lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro