Hello guys.

I a long time android user who just switched sides and bought a shiny new iphone5. The last android device i had was a note 2. I just fell for the sexyness of the black iphone5. I am getting used to the apple ecosystem.

I love the polished ios as compared to the android and i am impressed with the hardware also. Though i miss the root privileges that i had in android. There are a couple of things i wanted to ask:

1. I have seen that when i try to share something from the camera roll, only a handful of options turn up. Like there is no whatsapp or any other im app that j have installed. In android every app came up in the share option. Is there any way to customise what turns up in the share option?

2. Secondly in whatsapp i can receive longer videos(3-4) mins. If i forward them in the what'sapp itself. But if i try to broadcast it and share from camera roll, it says video too long to send and asks for trimming. This is kind of confusing as i can receive them, i can forward them in whatsapp but cant send them from the camera roll.

Any inputs on these would be great. My appologies if already discussed.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!
    01-24-2013 10:44 PM
    Hello guys.

I a long time android user who just switched sides and bought a shiny new iphone5. The last android device i had was a note 2. I just fell for the sexyness of the black iphone5. I am getting used to the apple ecosystem.

I love the polished ios as compared to the android and i am impressed with the hardware also. Though i miss the root privileges that i had in android. There are a couple of things i wanted to ask:

1. I have seen that when i try to share something from the camera roll, only a handful of options turn up. Like there is no whatsapp or any other im app that j have installed. In android every app came up in the share option. Is there any way to customise what turns up in the share option?

2. Secondly in whatsapp i can receive longer videos(3-4) mins. If i forward them in the what'sapp itself. But if i try to broadcast it and share from camera roll, it says video too long to send and asks for trimming. This is kind of confusing as i can receive them, i can forward them in whatsapp but cant send them from the camera roll.

Any inputs on these would be great. My appologies if already discussed.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!
    Welcome to iOS, hope you enjoy your stay!

To answer your first question, the options that pop-up for sharing from your albums depend on whether or not the developer of the app that you want to share with has leveraged the appropriate invocation APIs in their app. In the case of whatsapp, they do not identify themselves as a handler for image files, so you will not be able to share directly from the album. Instead you'll have to share from within whatsapp. You may be able to find a replacement photo album app that provides additional functionality, including the ability to post directly to whatsapp.

I'm not sure about the video problem, but I believe it may be a similar issue to the photo sharing one.
    shampz likes this.
    01-24-2013 11:36 PM
    Hi. Thanks for the prompt response. I have been googling for a lot of things that i want to do with my iphone and all of them require jailbreaking.

As i said, i do miss root apps of my android. I wish apple could make their devices more open.

Hopefully we will see a jailbreak soon.

Cheers!!
    01-25-2013 03:45 AM
    Jailbreak won't be long . Expect it after ios 6.1 release.
    MrszBerry and shampz like this.
    01-25-2013 04:51 AM