Cleaning phone

josh44#AC

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Is it okay to physically clean iPhone 5 with a specialized wipe? I did with my 4 and read somewhere along the way that there is a 'wax' or something on screen that could come off. But that may have been with the screen protectors that took the wax off when removing them.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've rarely had to resort to anything beyond a microfiber cloth... and when I do, I use a light spritz of quality eyeglasses cleaner on the microfiber cloth.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I use iClean on all my electronics. You can get a kit at your local Apple Store, Best Buy, or any electronics store. It comes with 2 types of cleaning cloths and a cleaning solution that's safe and approved for cleaning electronics. It's made by Monster and you can find it by googling iClean.

There is also a product called iKlear that is essentially the same thing, but with only one cloth variety. The Apple Store here uses both iClean and iKlear on their display devices.

DrewBurton

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I use iClean on all my electronics. You can get a kit at your local Apple Store, Best Buy, or any electronics store. It comes with 2 types of cleaning cloths and a cleaning solution that's safe and approved for cleaning electronics. It's made by Monster and you can find it by googling iClean.

There is also a product called iKlear that is essentially the same thing, but with only one cloth variety. The Apple Store here uses both iClean and iKlear on their display devices.

Made by monster mmmmm. Bet that's really good value for money.

My first really useful post on this forum ;-)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Made by monster mmmmm. Bet that's really good value for money.

My first really useful post on this forum ;-)

It actually is. It's the same price as all the mainstream electronics cleaning solutions and it seems to clean better than all the others I've tried. Sure, their cables are ridiculous, but their cleaning lots are great.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Is it okay to physically clean iPhone 5 with a specialized wipe? I did with my 4 and read somewhere along the way that there is a 'wax' or something on screen that could come off. But that may have been with the screen protectors that took the wax off when removing them.

Supposedly there is a oleophobic coating on the screen that resists build up of grease and finger prints. But I wouldn't worry about it as it probably wears off normally pretty quickly anyway with just normal use and using your hoodie as a quicky wipe.

DrewBurton

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
It actually is. It's the same price as all the mainstream electronics cleaning solutions and it seems to clean better than all the others I've tried. Sure, their cables are ridiculous, but their cleaning lots are great.

No offence meant by the way :)

I've just recently bought some solo HD's :-(

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I clean my 5 with Zeiss lens wipes almost daily without a problem, did it with my iphone 4 and android and never had a problem, the lens wipe does have some alcohol in it I think, but I also always have a screen protector on it.. I am not to worried, as I think about it, unless you are surgically washing your hands each time before you touch your phone JUST THINK about what is going on your screen, I am sure the norm is chemicals, foods, moisturizers, makeups, and worse are all on your hands and face

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been using some Lysol antibacterial spray on a paper towel. I've done this for years now on several different devices and haven't ever had an issue.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I clean mine with a Microfiber cloth. I have a screen protector on mine. Not sure if the chemicals will ruin the screen protector. In the past I have used Zeiss electronic wipes and they have worked great

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Micro-Fiber Cloth daily.

But when I am sick or phone gets really bad on call. I wipe it down with a disinfecting Wipe.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The furthest extent i have gone was using a slightly damn paper towel and then the micro fiber cloth afterwards...It's never needed anything further than that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro