I can not move News stand app into the Utilities folder

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
As I will never ever use the News stand, so I want to hide it inside the Utilities folder so not to clutter my homescreen, but I can not move it. I can move the passbook app into the folder, but not News stand.

Any one know how?

Thanks.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
As I will never ever use the News stand, so I want to hide it inside the Utilities folder so not to clutter my homescreen, but I can not move it. I can move the passbook app into the folder, but not News stand.

Any one know how?

Thanks.

You won't be able to. Newsstand is actually a folder itself - so you can't put it in another folder. Just have to move it to a spare screen. Disappointing, I know.

kacabrown06

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
On my Mac I downloaded a program called stiflestand, all I did was connect to my computer and click one button. It's a very small and simple program.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Any one know how?

Thanks.

Here is a work-around and does not require a jailbreak. It's rather easy. Only downside is that the app will reappear if you power off your phone but you can easily go hide it again in a couple steps. Just save this site to one of your pages.

http://www.cydiahacks.com/

nychris83

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I found this video on how to put apps into newsstand. It also works to put newsstand into a folder. Watch the video and follow my modified instructions below to put newsstand into a folder. This will be undone when you reboot, but it is simple to redo once you get the hang of it. Timing is everything.

http://www.youtube.com/v/MGsy_skhEQc&width=500&height=333

1. Move the folder to the second page of your home screen.

2. Move Newsstand to the third page.

3. Swipe to the third page.

4. Press the home button, and then immediately tap and hold Newsstand.

5. Continue holding the screen until your iPhone goes back to the home screen.

6. Release your hold and immediately swipe to the second page.

7. If the trick worked, wiggle mode should be active. Tap on the folder to open it, and then press the home botton to close it. Newsstand should now be in the folder.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner